Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Guys Deliberately getting a girl pregnant?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kmhstx
Msg: 1
Guys Deliberately getting a girl pregnant?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Hey I was just talking to my bf and he was telling me about a friend of his.
This friend was basically trying to come up with schemes/scams to hook a gf. He said he's tried to play the race card (what ever that is), he's tried to be the nice guy, then apparently he's tried to be the nice guy that tried to get in the girls pants on the first night (lol girls we've all experienced this version of the nice guy, lol)

And then now his big brilliant idea was to deliberately get someone pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously I have heard the myth that women try this(which I'm sure is true in some cases), but a man.....have you ever been that desparate? Seriously would you consider something so underhanded? Guys have you ever heard of another guy doing this? Just curious really....seems like the opposite of most people on here but you never know?
 redfishbluefish
Msg: 2
Guys Deliberately getting a girl pregnant?
Posted: 11/27/2006 4:02:27 PM
I have never heard of such a thing. Talk about a harebrained scheme that's destined to blow up in his face.
 strangebloom
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/27/2006 4:10:52 PM
Yep, men do it too. It's about control.
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2006 4:45:36 PM
See, I think this is justifiable cause to have someone locked up. :p
 brassy brunette
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/27/2006 4:49:36 PM
I have heard of it in context of the guy "trying" to keep the girl in the relationship. Never as a method to get a girlfriend. Some people are pretty desperate. Poor kid (if/when it is ever concieved).
 leo_goddess
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/27/2006 9:53:11 PM
The teenaged boy on Weeds did that to his gf... but then her parents found out and made her get an abortion and never see him again.

If it happened on TV it must be real... and apparently that will blow up in his face.
 Nos800id
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2006 10:21:21 PM
Yes I know many Men that do this both Married and not married
Some Men thing it can save there relationship for some reason other's think they will do no better and that this will set the hook for life. Normally this is caused by low self-worth OR they are complete morons that live in a fantasy world OR they are with a female of low self-worth and know this will lock them under their thumb. Of course all these reasons are wrong and sometimes end up being the end situtation the poor girl has to deal with.
 Nightwing66
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/29/2006 5:09:19 AM
Oh yeah.....there are whole sub-classes of society in which a man's worth is partially judged by how many kids he's fathered. These tend to be the ones in which business or acedemic success is not as available as mainstream society. So they fall back on the accomplishments that are available to them as indicators of self-worth.

They tend to not really want a LTR or to care for the child on a daily level, but rather have the bragging rights of "Yeah, that's my boy there".
 quadmom
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2006 5:31:17 AM
Wow.

Scarey....and it adds another explaination to a few questions I've had.
 DentedKnight
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/29/2006 6:31:03 AM
You gotta be sh!ttin' me! LMAO.

Talk about a myth of desperation. Will ladies ever stop dreaming up ways to blame a guy for sex???

Yeah. Think this one through. Some guy desperate to get a g/f will get her pregnant.

Helloooo! How does he do that if he already tried the ones to get in her pants and failed?

I mean, come on! If you ain't gettin' laid to start with you ain't getting anything pregnant.

Sheesh. Whake up and smell the Phlogiston already....
 kmhstx
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/29/2006 7:52:45 AM
LOL, Well apparently he can get the girls into bed, the problem is keeping them there. So he came up with the pregnancy thing. Personally I think his chances of achieving his scheme are very low. But the fact that he thought of it at all and actually mentioned it to my bf who is really only an aqcaintence(spl), is bizzar. I hope its just one issolated moron, and that not to many other men are so pathetic.
 -=Kalidor=-
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2006 7:58:35 AM
Anyone who would create a life soley for personal gain deserves neither.
 krankiss
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2006 10:24:23 AM
I've only heard of girls runoured to do this. This guy's genes should be weeded out of existance..! Maybe all his girls realise this after the first night and that's why they go away..?
 strangebloom
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/29/2006 10:32:37 AM
Its not that unusual as you think.

Generally it happens when you are already steady with a person, and one of the two is ready to take the next step. It can be the guy or the girl.

One of my earlier girlfriends was trying to get pregnant. I got the clue when I figured out how often she was testing herself. I wasn't ready to commit yet... so she figured she could use a little more persuasion...

It works the exact same way for men. You are dating... you want to take the next step... either she is not ready or you are too chicken to ask... so you try to knock her up and make it seem like there is no choice now.
 anth28
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/29/2006 11:57:37 AM
This is not a normal man...
 CloneAlone
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2006 11:58:04 AM
Wow. I seem to learn something new every day. Never even thought of this one, let alone heard a guy trying it!

Scares the heck out of me to think my daughter will be a teenager soon when guys are coming up with stuff like this. I don't even know what to warn her about anymore!

I wonder if a chastity belt would make a good xmas gift. I'm off to the mall!!

Clone
 Shangrilah
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/29/2006 12:10:20 PM
I'm on ther pill so try as they might, it ain't happening
 trowbridgechic
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/29/2006 12:23:36 PM
now this does beg the question of why the chick isnt on some form of contraception in the first place as i think we do all take responcibilty for this subject being it man man using a condom or a woman on the pill. Guys do do this i have had an experinence of this with a close friend whos bf hid her pills so she couldnt take them and it is all about controlling them and havin them where u want them at home knocked up and un able to meet anyone new. The sort of guys that do this also end up being the ones that decide once the baby is born that they r either 1 too young or 2 go off and have affairs cause they cant deal with the lack off attention at home cause there misses is dealing with the new baby and they r not the centre of attention anymore. so in conclusion yea guys do do this but if u have ur head screwed on as a woman u take ur own health in ur own hands and make sure u cover ur back at all times
 Agapantha
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/29/2006 1:07:50 PM
well, it takes two to tango, so it isn't just up to him and the consequences are equally shared. I will admit, I once was shocked to have a friend tell me that I should pretend to be pregnant in order to "secure" the man I had been dating at the time (wasn't my idea--I was at a loss for words when she told me that--i thought that kind of thinking was a myth!).

Seriously, why would anyone want to use another person, a baby, for their own selfish desires? Shows me a lack of concern and maturity, this kind of thinking. Secretly trying to get a woman pregnant/trying to become pregnant isn't going to help create a steady relationship or committment. I'd suggest that this person take some time off from the dating world and really sit down and figure out a few things about themself and consequences of their actions if this is their current thinking pattern.
 thelostrider
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/29/2006 2:19:37 PM
I only heard of woman doing this so far. Well it's the stupidest idea ever.
If you don't get along with someone, or they just don't seem interested, and you
scam them into getting them/urself pregnant, well its not gonna do a whole lot good
for the relationship. I mean they will figure out what happened, it doesnt take much to do that.
 DentedKnight
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/29/2006 2:27:08 PM
The term Lumbard refers to a woman trapping a man into marriage by getting pregnant.

I have never seen a term for it's opposite.

Probably just as well considering that the whole reason it works the other way around is for financial gain. Some dipsh!t getting a girl pregnant on purpose is far more likely to see himself in family court shelling out $$ for the next twenty some odd years than married.

Then again, if fleeced of his excess cash he would probably have to stay home and avoid making the same mistake again.

While not a perfect solution at least it limits the amout of stupidity permitted to breed into the genome...LoL
 Val0214
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/29/2006 5:31:19 PM
He has a friend?

Are you sure he wasn't talking about himself? I'd be careful if I were you.
 hellraiser69me
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/29/2006 8:00:50 PM
that guy has serious issues... he better seek counselling. Never heard of that before.
 angelbabygurl87
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/1/2006 10:10:15 AM
i dont know if this counts for the same thing, but back where i am from, and its only a really small place, theres a guy there in his early to mid 20's and he was talking to a friend of mine, we still keep in contact but she told me this online, that he was after getting drunk, drugging and possibly raping my 16 year old cousin. i was shocked because i knew this guy pretty good and he didnt seem like that type of person, but apparently he is. then my friend goes on to tell me that this person that done this also told her that, anyone he goes drinking with from now on he is going to drug and rape, and to add on to what he had already planned on doing, he said hes going to make sure there "knocked up" before he leaves the crime area. i found this more shocking then anything considering not only at some point was i friends with him, but i am also pretty good friends with his little sister. his other friend, whom supposedly was also involved said he had and was having nothing to do with it, and that made me come to the conclusion is HAD to be true, i was still shocked as ever. what shocked me the most was considering that his 16 year old sister had already gotten drunk and got with someone, yet another good friend of mine, gotten pregnant and had a baby for him, and he has nothing to do with it and denys it... so why would he even want to have all kinds of little hims running around, and just doing it for the f*ck of it... guess the human mind works in mysteriouse ways...
 HugeTraps
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2006 3:15:43 AM
ive considered it...

like if JEsscia Alba comes over ill do my BEST to get her pregnant

sorry but true.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Guys Deliberately getting a girl pregnant?