Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Arm Hair on a Woman      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Athulatha
Msg: 1
Arm Hair on a WomanPage 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Do you ever notice if a woman has hair on her arms?

Do you care?

Does it matter HOW hairy they are?

I am asking because I noticed that some of my friends remove their arm hair, some don't, and some never get too much hair anyway. Curious if guys even notice these things, but I also welcome comments from women on why they do/do not remove their hair.
 theon54
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Arm Hair on a Woman
Posted: 11/30/2006 1:17:51 PM
I never noticed, and I never cared. If they are so hairy that they look like man's arms then I may notice, but I never found such woman.
 -=Kalidor=-
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Arm Hair on a Woman
Posted: 11/30/2006 1:18:57 PM
I kind of like it, actuallym when its like fine, darkish hair.
 Heath Bar
Msg: 4
Arm Hair on a Woman
Posted: 11/30/2006 1:20:56 PM
It is a turn off for me. I like everything to be smooth except there head
 ubkobalt
Msg: 5
Arm Hair on a Woman
Posted: 11/30/2006 1:50:36 PM
Unless they got some serious growth going on, who cares?

If they want to shave because they want to, I won't object.
 ][KAOS][
Msg: 6
Arm Hair on a Woman
Posted: 11/30/2006 1:51:10 PM
Women shave their arms????? What next.
 Athulatha
Msg: 7
Arm Hair on a Woman
Posted: 11/30/2006 1:52:45 PM
Hmmm.... I was just doing some "research" on this.

Turns out there are web pages promoting "hairy arms".

There is also a correllation between sex drive and hair --- more hair = more testosterone = more sex drive. Works for women just as much as men!

ubkobalt
Msg: 8
Arm Hair on a Woman
Posted: 11/30/2006 1:53:05 PM

Women shave their arms????? What next.

Let me tell you about places that get waxed AND bleached.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Arm Hair on a Woman
Posted: 11/30/2006 1:59:54 PM
I think excessive hair on a woman in places other than her head is just an eyesore....those of us who are brunette should wax/bleach/shave, especially if we're lighter skinned. I know I am extremely conscious of it...even in the summer with a darker tan, I bleach everything I don't shave. Blech.

I guess I always thought guys would be turned off by it. I know if I were a guy, I'd be skeeved.

I don't like a ton of body hair on men...but on women - ugh. **shudder**
 SunnyTexas
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Arm Hair on a Woman
Posted: 11/30/2006 2:06:52 PM
DON'T SHAVE YOUR ARMS LADIES ! ! ! ! Why should hair be gross? It's there for a reason ! It protects our skin, and is completely natural. But I could see a gorilla arm with dark swirls and tuffts of hair to be..well....kinda too masculine, so start early in your teens and twenties and have electrolysis or somethin'....done, don't take up shavin' ! not 5oclock shadow !

But I'm lucky I'm a natural blonde all over my body, even though my naturaly curly and thick haircolor is light auburn. All my body hair is blonde or flaxen and very fine. Go figure?
 lollipop86
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Arm Hair on a Woman
Posted: 11/30/2006 2:16:57 PM
A friend of mine gets her arms waxed and is EXTREMELY self conscious about it!.. I don't understand it.. I mean, yes she is a brunette, she has dark skin all of the time.. and gets very tanned in the summer.... I've never noticed anything odd about her arm hair.. I am a red head, therefore, my arm hair is blonde and barely noticeable.... I think, if it makes you feel better, get em waxed/bleached.. but SHAVE?? oh god no.. thats just silly!!
 kewlpeeps
Msg: 12
Arm Hair on a Woman
Posted: 11/30/2006 2:46:12 PM
Don't sweat it unless your in some odd 1% of the population ... if you think you are ask a dermatologists.
 passionteman
Msg: 13
Arm Hair on a Woman
Posted: 11/30/2006 3:48:16 PM
I don't like hair on women. Gotta get rid of them all.
 hardcoredaydreamer
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Arm Hair on a Woman
Posted: 11/30/2006 3:58:50 PM
under arm hair = sick and wrong (for my armpits. you guys do what you like. i just feel stinky if i haven't shaved in a day or two.. do what you want with your armpits)
just arm hair. meh. i'm so so about it. i get my arms waxed before i go on holiday but that's only because it means i get a deeper tan. but apart from that not so much. i have fine blonde hairs n e way so i'm sweet.. i suppose if you had really thick, dark hairs you might wanna get em sorted. but even on a guy really hairy arms in gross to me. and hairy backs. EUGH. a little effort boys pleaseeeeeeeeeeee. i don't think any girl wants to run her hand down a guys back and... *shudders*
 anth28
Msg: 15
Arm Hair on a Woman
Posted: 11/30/2006 5:18:51 PM
I dont really care, just as long as it isnt a gorilla pelt. I have pretty hairy arms and I remove it out of basic grooming. I would never judge anyone for wanting to keep it though. More to a person than that sort of thing.
 BombayBoyInLA
Msg: 16
Arm Hair on a Woman
Posted: 11/30/2006 7:13:26 PM
unless she is very hairy its fine with me
 sanmale
Msg: 17
Arm Hair on a Woman
Posted: 11/30/2006 8:49:55 PM
gross for a girl to do that...unless she is from another country then u still train her not to do that...
 angelbabygurl87
Msg: 18
Arm Hair on a Woman
Posted: 11/30/2006 9:03:44 PM
i have arm hair, and its pretty thick, but its completely blond, and although it is bleach blond naturally, it can be very noticeable, i also have hair on my lower back that tends to get a little embarassing when im being intimate and someone touches my back. but i was born with this, and have learned to deal with it in my own way. if someone dont like it they have to learn to understand that, i was born with this hair, and although they may find it unattractive, shaving it, or waxing it, is only going to make it grow back thicker, and then thats going to be more time i will have to take in a day or so many days to get ready for something because as apposed to already having to shave the bikini line, the legs, and under arms, having to go and do the back and arms too will be 1 hour or a hour and a half alone. then having to wash your hair and rinse, etc. in the shower, it will take you every bit 2 hours to get ready to go anywhere. so why not just leave it there and deal with it in whatever way suits your needs? even if she has to wear a long sleeve sweater while having sex!! beats having to wait 2 or more hours to go anywhere...
 Sweet Sheree
Msg: 19
Arm Hair on a Woman
Posted: 12/1/2006 6:03:45 AM
Hair is no good on a woman, just on her head.

It's alright on a man as long as when in bed you don't mistake him for the dog.
 Nurgle161
Msg: 20
Arm Hair on a Woman
Posted: 12/1/2006 6:34:44 AM
I think most men would be fine unless they noticed it, I mean I can't think the last time I stuck a hand under some woman's underarm and said, "Wow lady you need a shave!"

Now if it was like Buckwheat in a head lock or just smelly gross (there fore noticable) most guys would run for the hills and not look back unless something was done about it.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Arm Hair on a Woman
Posted: 12/1/2006 7:13:56 AM

It's alright on a man as long as when in bed you don't mistake him for the dog.

Bahahaha! That's great...I love it!
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Arm Hair on a Woman
Posted: 12/1/2006 7:18:49 AM
Don't notice, don't care.
Has nothing to do with WHO you are. Which is all that really matters.
 care_bear
Msg: 23
Arm Hair on a Woman
Posted: 12/1/2006 7:24:07 AM
Ok, I shave my armpits, my legs and "down below"... how much more am I expected to shave? Its not natural for women to shave their arms and I think theres no need for it (unless of course its very, very thick black hair).

And with shaving or waxing, your hair will come back in courser and therefore you have to keep shaving and waxing. Who wants to do that? Its just a huge pain if you ask me...
 anth28
Msg: 24
Arm Hair on a Woman
Posted: 12/1/2006 10:56:09 AM
Yeah, the whole shave and it will come back thicker bit is an old wives tale. I should know, I shave it off my arms. I think if a woman is to remove it from her arms, she should wax though as it will be less irritation. Again, its all a personal choice and should never be done to make someone else happy. Like I said, I dont mind it unless its really out of control, but at that point it just comes down to taking care of yourself. I admit Im a monkey man, but I groom to keep myself looking human and less like I feed on bananas and termites.
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 25
Arm Hair on a Woman
Posted: 12/2/2006 6:59:30 AM
I have some nice thin hair on my arms, and I like it a lot.
I think it is best to be natural in a lot of ways, this is how God made me.
Why be so fake?
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Arm Hair on a Woman