Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > how to spot a nice guy!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mirage9
Msg: 1
how to spot a nice guy!Page 1 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
we all know how to spot a player but what about a nice guy?

a few traits I know of are:

he pulls out the chair for you
he calls when he says he is going to call
he looks in your eyes when speaking to you
he truly listens
he apologizes when he has been wrong
he is a gentleman

I know the saying "nice guys finish last" but I dont believe that for one minute....

how do you fellow fishies spot a nice guy!
 Sharp Witted One
Msg: 2
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/7/2006 4:32:56 PM
He apologizes when he's late, which is a lot!!!

He asks you how you are feeling when he know's your sick.
He asks you if there is anything he can bring you when you're sick.
He asks how your day was and actually cares about your answer.

\/\/\/\/ To use you as a template would mean that your were perfect and there are no perfect men! Hahaha!!!
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 3
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/7/2006 4:33:59 PM
Nice guy's don't finish last. Doormats do.
The nice guy isn't spineless. He won't let you walk all over him. But he'll respect you always, and make you feel wonderful with everything that he does.

And enough people have spotted me as a nice guy. So, maybe you should just use me as a template? LOL!
 UnderCoverLovers
Msg: 4
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/7/2006 4:39:05 PM
Oooo this one's easy!! Well, my guy is definately one of the 'nice guys'
He opens the door for me,
he calls me just to say hi,
he asks me what I'd like to do first,
he listens to me (most times lol),
he makes time for me even though he is very busy with work
he makes sure I'm feeling ok

Just a few of the many things that make up a nice guy! They are definately out there and I'm sure lucky to have found one of them!
 HeartsEntwined
Msg: 5
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/7/2006 4:44:56 PM
@ SWO: Good answer girl!
 +bRyAn+
Msg: 6
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/7/2006 4:45:59 PM
you click on +bRyAn+'s profile LOL
 c note
Msg: 7
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/7/2006 4:48:09 PM
How to spot a "nice" guy:

1. Look at him. Listen to him talk. Yawn, drift off a little.

2. The existence of a chainsaw. Pay particular attention to the trunk of his Ford Taurus.

3. He wear loafers. No socks.

4. He compliments you, and you feel nauseous.

5. He calls you every night, and while talking to him, you plot avoidance.

Nice guys - BARF.
 mirage9
Msg: 8
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/7/2006 4:50:06 PM
undercoverlovers..............that sounds just like mine.....LOL......

I think they are out there in abundance and just hope the fishies here find their nice guy!

c note : the nice guys will clean up your barf!
 Vamp Vixen
Msg: 9
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/7/2006 4:56:01 PM
....they've got a boyfriend. LMAO

(sorry couldnt resist)

vvvv good point....nice guys always have more than enough female FRIENDS, always vvvv
 My canoe leaks
Msg: 10
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/7/2006 4:57:21 PM
They don't have a girlfriend cuz women become "friends" with them then go screw the bad guys.
 1ntelligentleman
Msg: 11
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/7/2006 5:02:33 PM
What about a Bad boy who is very nice and very much a gentleman????????
 Xtrasensory
Msg: 12
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/7/2006 5:05:07 PM
Oh boy, at the risk of being swammped with emails for weeks (as if), I'll reply in here

Seeing as I'm constantly told I'm a nice guy, I guess I'll just list things that I do, and how I am.

1) Keep your word, when you say something, mean it. You say you're going to call, you actually call.

2) Be respectfull and understanding, even if you may not agree entirely with whatever it is, be respectfull enough to understand the reasons behind whatever it is.

3) COMMUNICATE, show you care, surprise them with a small gift here and there, talk to them, listen to them, empathize and sympathize with them.

4) Dependability, be there for them when they need you (generally speaking). They need someone to talk to because they had a bad day? They shouldn't have to call everyone else because you won't answer the phone.

5) Give the relationship your all, without it being overwhelming.

6) Be Trustworthy which stems from the communication, dependability and keeping your word aspects, show and prove that you can be trusted.

7) Be Comforting, when they feel down and need a shoulder to cry on, or they need to vent, comfort them and show that you really do care about them and whatever life may throw their way.

8) Open ALL doors, car doors included.

9) Hard to pull out a chair if it's bolted into the floor or a booth bench lol, but yes, pull out the chair, and if she is leaving the table, you get up as well and when she's leaving the table area, you may sit. When she returns, you get up again, and sit AFTER she does.

10) Gentle Kisses on the forehead, there is nothing that says you care and feel deeply about her than doing that.

Okay, that's my top ten list, I know there is more, but meh, I'll let others post and there were some great ones posted already before I showed up.

Great thread mirage!!!!
 mirage9
Msg: 13
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/7/2006 5:10:57 PM
OMG K M-C

you will make a great boyfriend one day...........damn your good..............

your not just a nice guy but a genuine good hearted person who understands what it takes to have a loving relationship............YOU ROCK!
 Firmbear8
Msg: 14
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/7/2006 5:13:24 PM
Okay Okay ! Stop talking about me would yeah !!
Dam you make me look like santa clause or something !
So I am a nice guy and I don't have a Girlfreind!
And stop peeking at me your gonna give me a bad boy complex or something !!
 Jeopardy_Junkie
Msg: 15
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/7/2006 5:13:35 PM

Excellent!!!

When you drop him off after a date he waits outside his building while you turn around and waves to you as you pull out of the parking lot....

He opens the door for you when you show up unexpected at 3 am

He comes to your Christmas Party with you so you don't have to be dateless

He emails you everyday with answers to questions on a web site you both frequent

And he doesn't even expect sex in return for any of these things!!!

JJ

equinox1962
Msg: 16
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/7/2006 5:19:59 PM
hey that sounds like me,how come you all haven't spotted me yet?
 stillalicious
Msg: 17
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/7/2006 5:24:02 PM

I was going to say they have a girlfriend
 GebusKhris
Msg: 18
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/7/2006 5:38:36 PM
Well for me, I've been told I'm a nice guy. But here's the only 2 things I do. I listen and I'm honest with my responses to questions. Because yes its nice that a guy does all those other things but girls face it you just want a guy to listen and actually pay attention to what your saying
 mirage9
Msg: 19
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/7/2006 5:46:10 PM
GebusKhris....that is not all we want..............LOL.............
 GebusKhris
Msg: 20
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/7/2006 5:54:55 PM
But on the most basic of levels it is. Its a plus that he'll do those other things but someone who actually listens to you is something that seems to be a fairly foreign concept
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 21
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/7/2006 5:54:59 PM
To me a nice guy is respectful of your boundaries, actually cares about what you have to say and wants to get to know you, not just rip your clothes off. There is of course a line, and its called self respect, so hopefully he has that too... oh, and a mind of his own, it's kind of yucky when a guy agrees with everything you say. So yeah, I like nice guys, a lot, but only if they don't cross the line into a wussy, lol.
 equinox1962
Msg: 22
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/7/2006 5:57:13 PM
like i said that's me to a T!
 Urban Wanderer
Msg: 23
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/7/2006 6:03:30 PM
All great answers!

BUT...

Being a nice guy won't make a woman feel that powerful attraction to you. And being nice won't make a woman choose you.

Most women don't base their choice of men on how "nice" a guy is. They choose the men they do because they feel a powerful gut level attraction to them.

I attended a relationship seminar a few weeks ago. The female speaker who is a relationship coach touched on the topic of the "Nice Guy Syndrome"

Here's some points she made regarding the "Nice Guy Syndrome"

The Problem:

If nice guys are what women really want, then why is it that most nice guys are single? Why is it that we constantly hear stories about women dating big jerks that took them for a ride --literally?

The fact is that women generally don't want nice guys, or maybe they're too busy chasing after jerks to realize that they do. Why? Because women act on impulse and emotion rather than fact. Who do you suppose brings out these same irrepressible emotions in women? The jerks, of course.

Contrary to what most women think, men are interested in successful relationships. Most men will never pass up the chance to date the woman of their dreams. In fact, when a man does encounter this rarity of a woman, his passion gets the better of him. The thoughts that race through his mind are something along the lines of, "This woman is a keeper. I'm going to treat her right and do all I can to make her happy."

The only problem with being the nice guy is that you also become the boring, predictable guy. The excitement of the seduction process begins to fade for the woman because she has what she wants and doesn't have to do any chasing. Eventually the woman starts losing interest and before you know it, her eyes start to wander.

In the end, she'll look for a new man who will bring excitement back into her life by being the "new and improved" challenge. Pursuit and excitement usually stem from selfish attitudes, much like the bad boy who doesn't care about anyone but himself. The nice guy will be left heartbroken and will start wondering what in the world he did wrong. It's at this point that men begin to realize that most women generally don't know what they want from us.

The Answer:

That is why it's important to have a balanced attitude towards relationships. A man has to be able to court a woman, amuse her and excite her while continuously remaining a challenge.
 singleinbrampton
Msg: 24
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/7/2006 6:08:17 PM
Be careful a good player does all the things listed too! How to spot a nice guy....You can't you can just take time to get to know a guy and really see what he is like with time. Any man can look like a nice guy at first and second glance. The difference is that the nice guys stay that way and the players turn off the act after a bit of time.

Finding out who is a nice person takes time....Guy or girl.
 Jetplague
Msg: 25
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/7/2006 6:11:36 PM
Hmmm....I dunno if I do that. Maybe I'm a sort-of nice guy. Got to work on the pulling chairs out though...If I start doing that without practice she may fall on her butt because of my "Chair yank" (No not the other yank....tsk tsk tsk...Santa's watching you know. )
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > how to spot a nice guy!