Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > How do I get over being dumped by my gf      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Canadian_Loser
Msg: 1
view profile
History
How do I get over being dumped by my gfPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
hey, everyone i don't mean to **** and complain because i know women don't like wussbags but i was hoping for some advice. My gf of 7 months just dumped me yesterday and i was hoping for some good ideas on how to get over it as quickly as possible. I'm not even that mad at her just really sad. I kind of seen it coming though, she acted more distant in the last 2 months we were together.

Just to clear up a few assumptions, i didn't cheat on her or abuse her and i didn't turn into a wussbag either. I acted the same way towards her the entire time we went out. I was often busy with school and work so we rarely saw one another in the last 2 to 3 months, that didn't help.

Anyways i'm not asking why she dumped me (i already have a good idea why that was plus i understand attraction fades with time). I"m also not asking you to help me get back with her, its probably better we see other people. And no i don't seek revenge either, that is juvenile and accomplishes nothing. Besides future prospects may find that out and then avoid me like the plague.

The only thing i ask is how to get over it as quickly as possible. I don't normally like talking about this stuff but hey no one knows who i am anyways. this is foreign to me because she is the only gf i had that i actually cared about, when my last gf dumped me i didn't even care (we only dated for a month), this one is different. So people how do i get over this.
 Mikeyneedsahug
Msg: 2
How do I get over being dumped by my gf
Posted: 12/19/2006 6:30:53 AM
The sad answer is that there really is no easy way. What has helped me getting over past relationships is not dwelling on them. Live life to the fullest and don't look too far ahead into the future. Have fun, enjoy being single and being out there. Stay active, go out and do things that you want to do. When you make yourself happy, people will notice that about you and your confidence will return. Don't dwell in the past and don't look far into the future, think about yourself and now. Take it slow, day to day and you'll get out of that kind of mindset eventually. Good luck!
 rehablady
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/19/2006 6:46:21 AM
Oh Canadian Loser, there is no easy or quick way. That's the hard part. It would be so wonderful if someone could invent a (the, take the hurt & confusion away) pill. I'd take one myself. The only thing you can do is, go on. Keep busy. Go out with your friends and try to have a good time. Be a "wussbag" in private if it makes you feel better. Know that I'm thinking of you and hoping that you are soon through this hard time. Have a Merry Christmas.
Kar
 Canadian_Loser
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2006 6:50:11 AM
Merry Christmas to you too, i'm not confused though, just sad. Like i said i seen it coming but it's still hard to get over.
 trancer32
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/19/2006 10:00:07 AM
How to get over a past girlfiend, a ten step program:

1. bang another chick
2. bang another chick
3. bang another chick
4. bang another chick
5. bang another chick
6. bang another chick
7. bang another chick
8. bang another chick
9. bang another chick
10. bang another chick

Once you have completed step 10, you should be over the girlfiend in question.

A.M. Girl
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2006 11:44:58 AM
Stop thinking about yourself would be the first step. Go help out a friend or visit some of the elderly in nursing homes or be creative yourself and think of a way to help out somewhere. Say, even The Salvation Army needs bell ringers at this time and who knows you might be blessed by meeting a new friend this way. The Sal Army helps many needy people. I've done it and it's actually fun.

Kind regards
 cjnormore
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/19/2006 3:27:07 PM
Once you find out how, feel free to email me on the amazing discovery. I have a feeling I'm going to be going through the same very soon - and the worse part is there is an unborn child making it even more complicated.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger I guess.
 JAS_Mann19
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/19/2006 3:54:30 PM
thus is easy brother.

StiffDrinkOfWater
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/19/2006 4:20:38 PM
Well thats too bad that your relationship didnt work out. There really is no easy way to get over it ive never had that problem to tell u the honest truth but ive helped alot of my friends deal with it, and they dont deal with it well ill tell ya that much. The worst thing you could do is go and slut it up sleeping around is not the answer... That is what most of my friends resorted too, going and sleeping with as many guys or girls as possible just to make the ex jealous which didnt work...also it could of been a way to make themselves feel better about themself which in the end made them get std's or made them feel even worse for being that stupid to sleep with some randoms.

Obviously u know the reasons why your relationship wasnt working and like u said u think its better that you both start seeing other people that right there was ur first step so hey your already one step ahead of urself and u might not of even known it moving on and being able to except the fact that she doesnt want to be with you is key.. go out with some buddies to a pub or whatever relax take some time for yourself and im sure one day another chickita will come around and you wont even think about your ex at all it will all get better with time. Just dont let it bother you as much have a good time and keep livin life single...haha being single isnt always a bad thing either!
 Eddie_25
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/19/2006 4:25:23 PM
Yea, it sucks!! Been there!!!

Just go to the bar and bang someone!
 hazy vistas
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/19/2006 4:30:06 PM
Some part of you wants her to be happy. By moving on she is pursuing her happiness. Be happy for her and wish her well. It's not that you are unworthy, it is that she sucks at enjoying you. So what else could she do, right? In time she will find someone more suitable for her, and now you are also free to look for someone. It's all good. Love has to be voluntary and we can't decide who, we just have to try and see.
 Eddie_25
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/19/2006 4:33:43 PM
relationshits are way overrated. IMHO. Good luck with getting over it. btw.
 unabashed
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/19/2006 11:17:42 PM
dude, craisgs list has some beutiful pro's under erotic services, they will make you forget all the ****. and for a bargain price at that. seriuosly, just bang someone right away and you will be a new man in the morning and have all the confidence you need to find a new chic. this method has been proven time and time again, its called "f*** and forget"
 unabashed
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/19/2006 11:18:54 PM
DUDE, THATS WHAT I SAID, BUT IT WAS ONLY A 1 STEP PROGRAM WITH INSTRUCTIONS TO REPEAT. GOTTA KEEP IT SIMPLE FOR THE CANUKS.
 StiffDrinkOfWater
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/20/2006 12:02:20 AM
^^^ idiot.... Bang and forget does not work ...if ur gunna go out and get laid to forget about the chick that dumped ur poor ass, well there it is ladies and gentlemen some guys are just retarded ur hurt and all u want is revenge so get a piece of ass is the way to do it...i dont think so...but many do it and in the end hopefully are disgusted with themselves..just by getting with some random chick isnt gunna get you over ur ex the next day u still have the same problem no gf and its not something u just forget about after a good lay..
 e-wok
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/20/2006 1:06:29 AM
Just ride it out. Imagine the hurt as a mass of matter and each day
it will get a little bit smaller until it's gone.

We've all crashed in burned an most of us understand what you're going
through and it's rough but TRUST US you'll be PERFECTLY ok.
 rehablady
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/20/2006 3:46:04 AM
AMEN! stiffdrinkofwater is sooo right on this Canadian Loser. Do not let these guys feel your head with the idea that sleeping with someone is going to erase the hurt. If that were true I'd do it myself. If you cared about this young woman and you say that you did, it's not going to be easy, and it's not going to go away in one day or one week, but, it will get better. Try to stay busy as I stated before and concentrate on YOU getting well and know that I'm thinking of you and praying that you are soon through this mess. Keep your head up sweety!
Kelly
 WakeDan
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/20/2006 3:58:03 AM
Go to the gym. The endorphins released will make you feel a lot better, and you have to concentrate to work out, it takes your mind off of things.

Youll come out of it looking and feeling better than you did going in.
 Metaphysicalman
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/20/2006 12:46:14 PM
Don't try and sweep your emotions under the carpet!

That is a recipe for an unhealthy person! A person in denial!

Try and understand, what she meant and represented to you!

Honor her memory and her good points!

At the same time, recognise the attributes about both or
you, and possibly the situation in general that would not
have been conducive to a good and lasting relationship.

These are all positive steps to your personal growth!

That's the best you can do. Experience the pain and loss.

Learn from it as best you can.
 Born~Sly
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2006 12:59:36 PM
Some times only TIME will help. But you could try doing positive things like volunteer work.

texas-born
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/20/2006 1:39:25 PM
Hi there,

First of all it seems like you need a little self confidence. Where did you come up with Canadian_Loser for your username. NEVER consider yourself a loser.

1. Think POSITIVE about yourself ! If you a basically good person, you deserve it.

2. There's probably not a whole lot to get over. If you are really not mad at her and just
sad, then you probably weren't in love anyway, just used to her being there an being
with each other. (been there, done that)

3. I agree with everyone's replies except for the "NON-HUMAN" ones who keep sayin to
go "get drunk" or "go bang someone" that's the most stupid advice some ADOLESCENT
can give you. Don't take the their advice and stoop to their leverlfor sure !!! Get out,
be with friends, make a new friend, join a club, a gym, a walk-a-thon, keep busy but
really trying something new, can really put your mind in a different place.
 Eddie_25
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/20/2006 5:10:44 PM
NON-HUMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????????????! I have been nothing but nice to everybody! I've been with! met, whatever. I'm 25. I've had sex with 3 people. That's it. I been hurt so f'in bad!! if people new what id been thru you would have nightmares for a YEAR!!!!!!!! DON"T SAY SH!T ABOUT SOMEONE YOU DON"T KNOW!! AND FROM ONE POST!!?? I'll end my rant with to all!! even people that hate me, and think I'm not-human.
 firegurl61-17
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/20/2006 5:29:14 PM
The best way to get over her is to make the choice to completely cut ties with her! If she wants her cake and eat it too, to be just friends, you are giving her what she wants, she gets to keep tabs on your life and rub in that shes moved on. You end up feeling miserable to see her with another. If the guy I dated or was considering to date, wasn't over his ex, or still kept in touch with her, on a friendly basis other than decisions about the kids......I would be gone! No one should play seconds or take a backseat to her beau's misty water color memories with the ex. I would rather have a sharp stick in the eye or find someone that treasures me enough that he doesn't need his ex in his life. Just a little advice...pick yourself up, move on...let completely go. When she comes crawling back ignore her...let her know what it feels like to be you right now. Its not vengeful, just a reality check for her.
 Michie82
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2006 5:31:06 PM
You'll have to take it one day at a time 11 days for me so far x x x
 ricequeen
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/20/2006 10:32:17 PM
StiffDrinkOfWater, you are wise for your age and I echo what you say about sleeping with someone else right away is the worst advice ever to give to get over someone, especially if the ex is someone that meant the most to you out of all your former girlfriends. It's a slap in the face. It just shows that she didn't mean that much to you after all if you're able to just hop into bed with someone else just like that.

The only advice I can give is that you do have to allow yourself time to mourn and cry or be sad. A good cry really helps. Be the better person and don't hold any grudges against your ex...nothing can be accomplished from that. There is no fast way of getting over someone like most have said. The important thing is not to bottle everything in, talk with friends or a counsellor or whoever. If you want to be alone, then rent a comedy, read a good book, etc. It's not easy to keep yourself busy at first because all you want to do is stay in and be by yourself and it's okay to do that for the first little while, but eventually you need to get moving again and live your life. Keep your chin up :)) You will get through this.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > How do I get over being dumped by my gf