Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > 25 Qualities of a Good Boyfriend.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 40$Onion
Msg: 1
25 Qualities of a Good Boyfriend.Page 1 of 1    
25 Qualities of a Good Boyfriend.

These are personality qualities, you may be able to find these in the Hunkiest Fireman, to the Doctor with brains pouring out his ears, and you may also be able to find these qualities in computer nerds, or Army personnel. Now I’ve specifically left out any sexually based lines in here, as much as sex does become a large part of a lot of relationships, there’s a vast number of girls out there looking for a Good Boyfriend, and for a “Good Boyfriend” sex is a side effect of the actual relationship, not the center of it. Conversation, the ability to talk to each other, without it devolving into a roaring argument is the center. Well here’s my 25 qualities that make for a good Boyfriend feel free to add any others that aren’t covered under mine.

25. He will surprise you with the small gestures, even when it's no special occasion, but not frequently enough that these surprises are expected.
24. When he's planning a party involving invitation, he rights your invitation, first, and last, mails one, and personally delivers the other to you.
23. He'll survive "Being Killed" in a computer or console game, when you want to get his attention, and won't blame you when he meets his spectacularly bloody end.
22. He Notices when you get your hair done, and doesn't tell you that you look like a man now.
21. Once in a while, after months or years of being together, he goes into an entire new period of concentrated kind gestures, gifts, and fun dates, as so to not let things run stale.
20. He talks solidly to you, about anything, for a Minimum 20 minutes a day, even away on business. Busy schedule? He'll have to make the time.
19. When the time is available, he'll stay up chatting over the phone, or across a pillow, for Hours, and then let you sleep in the morning to catch up on lost sleep.
18. He has a small jealous streak, to let you know he cares about you, but doesn't allow this to consume him with a possessive personality over you.
17. He'll accept you for all your quirks, loving the cute ones that define you as who you are, and forgiving the ones that aren't so cute "Hun, I bought my 3000th pair of shoes today, what do you think?"
16. He will always support you in any conflicts you have, during those conflicts, but will reserve the right to air his point of view on the whole situation, if he feels things could be handled differently, when he talks to you privately about it with you, after supporting you in the conflict anyways.
15. He will be your voice of reason, thinking as a logical second set of eyes when you want to do something that could be very stupid, he will tell you his concerns on the matter to make them clear, and then if you still want to do it, He'll support you straight through to the end.
14. He calls you Beautiful rather than Hot, and truly knows that Beauty is the combination of Physical and personality appeal, rather than Hot which is simply raw Physical appeal
13. Has the Nerve to be honest with you, even when the answer to the question you asked, is going to hurt.
12. If something is troubling him, he'll tell you the whole situation, and ask for your advice, because he values your opinions.
11. He will like your pets, take any medication he needs to be able to handle them, and buy them a pet treat from time to time, they're part of your family, and should be treated as such.
10. He Will NOT find some "Accidental" way to kill Fluffy the Dog, or Princess the Kitty, because the Animal sensed his Devil stench
9. When you want to take Dance Lessons, he agrees to join you, as a dance partner, if it's ballet, he should agree to wear a tutu, though for pole dancing, he will only agree to be there to watch.
8. He will give you the moral support you may need from time to time, letting you know that you can achieve anything that you put your mind to.
7. He has enough guts, that when you say you want to do some crazy, near suicidal experience, he'll give you a passionate kiss while you're freefalling from that airplane.
6. He will realise that the key to a girl’s heart, is not jewellery, but him having a healthy relationship with her best friends.
5. He is of the maturity to be able to realize, that he does have faults. Not all of which can just be overcome easily, but for you, he tries to be a better man.
4. He will learn from His Mistakes.
3. When he sees that you're pissed off, or upset about something, he first asks if ‘you are Ok?’ And then asks if ‘you want’ to tell him what's wrong.
2. Puts the Toilet Seat DOWN, and cleans the whole toilet, without being asked once a week. Untold small girlfriends have been eaten sewer gators because of careless Boyfriends leaving the seat up.
1. He makes YOU feel like the Perfect Girlfriend.
 40$Onion
Msg: 2
Posted: 12/25/2006 7:25:16 AM
A "Should Be Obvious" reason to try and have my forum posting deleted, I think that's sad, I put a posting up cause simply I wanted to see peoples replies, if you're going to take the time to vote that my thread should be removed, take the time instead, to actually think of a good post to post in reply.
 fairyeyez
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/25/2006 7:45:27 AM
Very cute, thanks for the post. Ha, those wanting to delete the thread are guys that don't want the women reading it and then having expectations lol.
 40$Onion
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/25/2006 8:45:22 AM
Thanks, yeah I thought It was a cute post, mainly wanted to start a conversation rolling about what boys and girls, can do, the little things, towards making their partner, happier, cause that's all a dating relationship, or aything further should be about, giving it your all, to make the other person happy, I've see so many relationships out there, where a girl gave it her all to a guy, adn they treat them like crap "Here take my laundry, oh and by the way, i pooped my drawers lastnight at the bar". SO, more of those people reading this, just leave me one good nice thing a man, can do for a woman to make them feel happier about their relationship, without going into sex, and without going into ideas that aren't restricted to particular people due to funding, so no "Well a boyfriend would have to buy me a sportscar....

Ashton.
 elzo
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/25/2006 8:58:33 AM
When you mention pole dancing, I expected you to say that you hope the boyfriend will supply the pole.......
 40$Onion
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/25/2006 9:28:10 AM
Nah, only put poll dancing on there , cause it is starting to be come a lot more popular a form of dance amoung women for fitness reasons, which is quite amazing, it was mainly a joke that I have no intention of pole dancing myself, but I'd more more than supportive by watching :)
 samadongshi2
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/25/2006 9:53:30 AM
thanks for the post OP!!!
So very true, and ur only 24 years old? How come ur so SMRT?
Wow, blown away with this and love it. Brought me to tears.
Does this type of man exist in the new millieneum? Internet dating world?
I think so.... would be nice to have all 25 qualities in one person but that is too idealistic and not realistic. Gawd, don't want to sound like a pessimistic or cynical.
Will Santa deliver one today? There still is time.
I've come a across a few on the pond with many of the attributes however all in one package that would be awesome.

Guess, my search will continue.. however it all depends on many things.
 DoNotGoGentle
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/25/2006 11:26:31 AM
The list made me smile. If there is a man out there who will sincerely do these things he'll never be able to settle down, because every woman will want him!

On another note, sex is a central part of a healthy relationship. After ten years with a man with the sex drive of a hybernating sloth, I assure you that I will *never* get involved with another man lacking libido. Other than that, the list is cool.

40$Onion
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/25/2006 4:52:48 PM
I was mainly making my reference to sex being a "Side Effect" of a relationship, as I did not want to make a list of 25 good sexual things a boyfriend could do for a girl. I wanted to separate sex from the topic of my list. However you're correct, sex is a very integral part of a relationship, and no truly solid relationship can hope to succeed without indulging in it. However there are hoards of men out there who feel sex is the only reason for getting involved with a woman, and there are a much lesser number of women who treat men the same way. I personally believe there are both, a sexual aspect to a relationship, and a more important aspect, which is the connection between the two people, when they’re not under the covers. Cause as much as some men would have it otherwise, when they're with a girl, they're generally wearing clothes.
 DoNotGoGentle
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/26/2006 1:27:39 AM
You are very eloquent, but sex is not a side effect. It is a barometer. When the needle dangles at the bottom, the relationship is on it's way out. I think that there are two different versions of sex. To some men, sex is about them getting off. That's really just using someone else for masturbation. Then there is sex that is meant to be a dance between two people and *that* is when sex works for both people.
 1andlovinit
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/26/2006 1:42:37 AM
woohoo! my man hits a lot of these qualities,..i'll have to let him know!
 40$Onion
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/26/2006 12:53:54 PM
A Barometer would be a good way to explain sex in a relationship. And again, my only reason for saying "Side Effect" was to put sex, beside other things a guy can do for a girl, other than sex, as I hadn't wanted that to be the primary topic of this conversation, too many men look at women strictly as sexual objects, so I was trying to write up a list of things that you can do for a woman in which you can keep your clothes on... well of course other than the jumping out of the plane one... wait I didn't say do that naked. You are right that if a couple has no sex life that both partners enjoy the relationships going no where whatsoever.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > 25 Qualities of a Good Boyfriend.