Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > If a girl says she likes you and then hugs you what does that mean?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RickBolander
Msg: 1
view profile
History
If a girl says she likes you and then hugs you what does that mean?Page 1 of 1    
I know what it means for guys but what does a girl mean by that?
 lyinggame
Msg: 2
view profile
History
If a girl says she likes you and then hugs you what does that mean?
Posted: 12/26/2006 6:23:16 PM
Depends on the girl...
If I said that, then it would mean that I genuinely liked the guy and wanted to take things further. For a person like myself, saying I like the person (more than friends) is me letting them know that I have feelings, leaving the floor open for them to make the next move. I usually tell a guy I like them to help him avoid the task of "reading me" and playing a guessing game on whether I like them or not.

However...
Some girls just say that stuff and do that stuff as a way to express how they like the friendship. If the girl is naturally "touch and feel" ((She gives hugs a lot)) then it may just be a friendly gesture.

... So, it just depends on the girl. Usually, form my experience though, most girls do somethign like the "hug and say I like you" when they are too shy to straight out ask "hey, want to be exclusively dating".
 cotter
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2006 6:30:47 PM
As a woman ... if I hug you, then I'm comfortable with you. I don't seek that kind of closeness with people I'm not comfortable with.

If we are "just friends" ... then it's a form of endearment ... I'm "letting you in".

If we are lovers ... the hug will always involve more than just "a hug" ... it will probably involve a kiss as well or some other additional type of physical endearment ... no matter what.
 paligirl
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/26/2006 6:37:36 PM
UUUUH...IT MEANS THAT SHE LIKES YOU?
 Metaphysicalman
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/26/2006 8:24:37 PM
Just a hug, is the Kiss of Death!

A hug followed shortly thereafter by kissing, means your on your way!
 RedneckHippy
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/26/2006 9:37:32 PM

If a girl says she likes you

It means she likes you.

and then hugs you

It means she hugged you.
 EireJack
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/26/2006 9:51:55 PM
It means that she'll hang out with you everyday, call you everynight, but is holding out for some hot guy to come along and treat her like crap. Welcome to the friend zone, unless they wanted to mount you before ya got here, or unless you've got sixpack abs, you're never getting out of it. Honesty is the best policy ladies.
 hapeenurse
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/26/2006 11:08:22 PM
it means she hates your guts.

kidding kidding, I'd venture a *wild* guess that she likes you, I don't know too many people who hug those they find repulsive.
 baseball_fan
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2006 11:15:25 PM
Yeah, what they said (except the bitter guy)...but it doesn't mean she "likes you likes you". It might mean that.... but some of us are just touchy feely people. Kind of depends on the hug. Was there "leaning" involved
 EireJack
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/27/2006 12:05:46 AM
I said what you said, just more honestly and actually answering his question.
 Coastergal
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2006 12:16:41 AM
It means she likes you enough to HUG you!
 ladysprite
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/27/2006 4:39:40 AM
not enough information here..

What was the scenario??

Usually when a girl hugs you and says she likes you, she means she likes you. Most girls won't hug a guy they don't like.

if you were trying to kiss her, and she hugged you instead.. that means you're just a friend..

If you said something to her, and she just up and hugged you.. she liked it, thought it was endearing, and might have meant she liked you in a more romantic sense.

And what does it mean when guys hug you and says "I like you" ? LOL
 J.A.K
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/12/2007 9:57:43 PM
[QUOTE] And what does it mean when guys hug you and says "I like you" ? LOL [/QUOTE]

See this is simple to answer. guys are simple. it means he wants to feel up on your chest. and is interested in further the relationship into dating. or at the very least sex.

If its just friends, most likely hes not gonna hug and say I like you. but that can change depending on the surroundings.
 1fixitman
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2007 10:06:49 PM
If the words "let's just be friends" or "it is good to be friends" or "can we be friends first" or "I am not ready for a relationship" or "I am gonna see my x BF again" ever comes up during that HUG then the sexual part of the relationship is gone. You have in some way demonstrated lower value or just plain been too nice. Nice does not work. If there is a hug and you thought about kissing her but didn't then it is probably over. She will only give you one or two chances to be assertive. She does not want the guilt of motivating and escalating the physical part of the relationship. It is your job to do it. I know I am a guy but I have been in these situiations and thank God I am not like that any more.
D Rock
 talista
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2007 10:09:49 PM
what is the context?

Did you tell her you like her first?

If you did, and her response was to hug you and respond that way...hmmm it is like saying I want to be friends.

Was it a close hug?...tight and long? almost cuddling? wants you!!!

A face away from your face hug loose and short...so you couldn't kiss her hug? definitely friends...

A hug with face up so you could kiss her...she wants you to kiss her...she wants you!!!

Read the body language!!!
 kmhstx
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/13/2007 4:12:56 AM

I know what it means for guys but what does a girl mean by that?

You know what it means when you do it.....its an individual thing...not all guys mean the same thing when they hug someone. I have a guy who is a friend and he always gives me the best hugs....but thats it, he's never tried/hinted at anything beyond that. A hug is a sign that you like the other person first and formost.....after that you have to ask the person if there are feelings past like. As everyone is different.
 JulietJuliet
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/13/2007 4:33:34 AM
I think somebody needs a hug There you go Eirejack!

I would say, it means 'welcome to my comfort zone', I respect you as a friend.
 Pasquel
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/13/2007 5:12:47 AM

Just a hug, is the Kiss of Death!

A hug followed shortly thereafter by kissing, means your on your way!

DING DING DING !! meta wins the prize!
 GreatAttitude
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/13/2007 5:26:49 AM
That she likes you and she wants to hug you.
 ChicagoStyle
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2007 5:51:22 AM
If you like her why not ask her out? Or for a drink, coffee, hangout, movie, etc...

Obviously she is confortable around you and we already know she likes you too because she told you.
 Guardian_Of_Gaea
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/13/2007 9:58:05 AM
Girls often tell me they like me, but when they hug me after telling me, there's a difference sometimes.

If the hug is a little greeting-type hug, then it's not much of a big deal: she probably still feels a bit flirty, so trying to go further would be ill advised.

If the hug is a deep, long hug... The kind you give your parents when they're stressed... Then you can be totally assured that she really wants to go further.

Regardless of the meaning, take your time, and if she seems dreamy after hugging you, you probably should kiss her on the cheek (not on the lips, or she'll think it was exploitative) and tell her how much you like her.

~ David
 diit
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/13/2007 2:50:07 PM
It's pretty much the opposite of when a girl says she doesn't like you and pushes you away.
 Trailseeker2
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/13/2007 4:39:58 PM

So, it just depends on the girl. Usually, form my experience though, most girls do somethign like the "hug and say I like you" when they are too shy to straight out ask "hey, want to be exclusively dating".

Alright then, apparently I must be "exclusively" dating at least 12 of my male friends. Whoa lucky me, action all around!

Dearest lyinggame. Not everyone who hugs you and says they like you will want to date you exclusively. I tell my friends I like them all the time. Regardless if someone is shy or not. Personally, I am a hugger. I hug my friends. I hug my co-workers. I may at times hug complete strangers (usually friends or family members of my close friends). I am what some may call a 'hugger'.

Does that mean I want to sleep with my friends? Absolutely not! No thank you. Especially the married ones - but I hug their wives too.

What does it mean? It means I like to hug my friends.

Now, a full frontal hug with a bit of hip action....whole other story.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > If a girl says she likes you and then hugs you what does that mean?