Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > does a kiss mean anything?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kylieskool
Msg: 1
does a kiss mean anything?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
If a male friend who you knew for a long time kissed you(properly),does it mean he has feelings for you?Does kissing someone actually mean something to a man?
 arri
Msg: 2
does a kiss mean anything?
Posted: 12/27/2006 3:31:48 PM
Depends on which head he was thinking with and how many martinis he had in his system.
 *nothing*
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/27/2006 3:33:27 PM

Only if there's some tongue involved

JMO..usually it means something. If it's on the cheek then it's friendly..on the lips then it means more. The best bet is next time it happens...slip him the tongue..see how he reacts.

Merry christmas

MAPT
 kylieskool
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/27/2006 3:36:53 PM
No he had nt had a drink.very sober and yes it was on the lips!
So if a man was drunk ,does that mean ,hes only doing it because hes had a few?
 Dovescry
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/27/2006 3:55:09 PM
Maybe he just wanted to share his cooties with you.
 Iowapaperboy
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/27/2006 4:05:39 PM
Does a kiss mean anything? Are you kidding? It's not like scratching your butt or something. Of course it means something!

Kissing is one of the greatest parts of a romantic relationship. Guys that don't like kissing? They're missing the boat - and a lot of other things.

As for a friend who kisses you properly.... does that mean he did it well? Or, do you mean he kissed you on the cheak or gave you a quick peck?

Personally, I've been told I kiss properly.... and that's not a quick peck.

All kisses mean the person has feelings for you of some kind. If your friend kissed you on the lips or slipped his tongue in your mouth, that's a good sign he wants more than a friendship. If, however, it was a split second smooch, that would mean he's just being friendly... ...in a kinda freaky sort of way.

Kinda makes you wonder if Gorbie had any romantic feelings for Ronald Regan, doesn't it?

Rock on,
-IPB
 **SisterOfNight**
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/27/2006 4:07:49 PM
I would think it does mean something and he's definitly giving you a obvious signal that he thinks of you of more than just a friend. I mean I certainly don't kiss my platonic guy friends on the lips that I simply hang out wtih and they certainly don't kiss me that way so yes it does mean something. I think if any of my guy friends kissed me that way I'd be a little taken back by it or shocked of what they did.
 softLip
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/27/2006 4:22:12 PM
the meaning of the kiss is in the finish did he pull away or did you
if he pulled away did he do it quik and lose eye contact because if you notice most kisses end with some type of eye contact,, if it was fast didnt mean a thing
or was the kiss finish more like your lips didnt want to leave each others and the two of you pulled away slowly grasping at each others last breath ending with a grin and a wow youd like to do that again
again make eye contact you can learn so much by the eyes and what the kiss ment

Ahh or maybe that just me lol
kisses always mean something to a man friendship, family ,love and lust
just gotta figure out what one you got
 RSwindol
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2006 4:24:07 PM
It was probably meaningless. Most guys, like myself, like to go around kissing women whether we know them or not. Hell, sometimes, if we haven't kissed anyone for a few hours, we will even start kissing inanimate objects, family members, or even other guys...gross! But hey, it's what we do.

WHAT ARE YOU STONED? WHAT KIND OF "PROPER" KISS DOESN'T MEAN SOMETHING? THINK ABOUT IT. ARE YOU SERIOUSLY 27 OR ARE YOU SOME 12-YEAR-OLD WHO FIGURED OUT HOW TO OPEN AN ACCOUNT? HAS YOUR MOTHER TOLD YOU WHERE BABIES COME FROM AND ABOUT THE BIRDS AND THE BEES? DO YOU KNOW WHERE HUSBANDS GO WHEN THEY GO TO WORK?

the meaning of the kiss is in the finish did he pull away or did you
if he pulled away did he do it quik and lose eye contact because if you notice most kisses end with some type of eye contact,,

I am sorry, but I don't agree with this whatsoever. The ending of a kiss may have deep emotional meanings, but then again, a very shy person may not make eye contact after a kiss when they really meant it. The fact that a "proper" kiss was initiated is the first sign that their is something meaningful in the air. This is all assuming you are not talking about a peck on the cheek, because I, personally wouldn't call that a proper kiss...unless of course you are using the word "proper" to mean "dainty". Only then is their the possibility that their was no meaning behind it.
 Not dating
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/27/2006 4:40:08 PM
All kisses have meaning, the hard part is figuring out what that meaning is.

A peck on the cheek for bringing someone a sandwich is one thing......obviously.....if you don't know, ask politely!
 lexus_000
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/27/2006 4:53:56 PM
okay, so what if youve been friends for 3 yrs, the girls drunk, she goes in for the kiss first, he pulls away and then he initiates the next kiss. Leans in for the kiss and for the next hour passionately kiss?
 Chiwrtr72
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2006 4:54:55 PM

If a male friend who you knew for a long time kissed you(properly),does it mean he has feelings for you?Does kissing someone actually mean something to a man?

um... care to share context?
 kilerteddybear
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/27/2006 5:08:34 PM
ok well i guess it depends on the type of kiss!
was this like the way you would kiss a son/daughter (short peck)
or was it a end of a perfect date kinda kiss?
a peck meens nothing if it was any thing more then that he probably has feelings for you and not the balls to say it so if he kisses you you would get the point. avoid the akwardness after if you shoot him down he will say he never ment it like that.
hope this helps!
 moon_fish
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/27/2006 5:14:20 PM
I kiss my dog, my parents, my kids. A kiss is just a SYMBOL of affection and by itself means not much at all.
 867love
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/27/2006 9:03:07 PM
a kiss always has a meaning -whether it be passion, love or curiosity. he's not kissing you just because he's bored, or waiting for the pizza to be delivered...
 Hell Gibson
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/27/2006 9:25:45 PM
It generally means they love you in some way. What way? Dunno. He probably would have sex with you however. He's a dude.
 redhorserainbow
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/27/2006 10:04:17 PM
OP: You need to understand ladder theory to understand what happened, when it comes to the opposite sex, males have one ladder (sexual rating system) and females have two (sexual rating system AND friend rating system). Now the problem is that men have no idea which of the two ladders they are on and women don't understand that men only have one ladder.

What happened with your guy was called a ladder jump, now you can choose to let him onto the sexual ladder or you can let him fall into the abyss, the choice is yours but i guarantee you that he is sexual interested in you.

For more information go to this site, it's hilarious; www.laddertheory.com
 Metaphysicalman
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/27/2006 10:16:08 PM
As much as I just LOVE kissing, I have to say, I have done it
when I wasn't planning on it going anywhere.

WHY?

For fun, and just curious to see how the woman kisses!
 kylieskool
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/28/2006 10:48:39 AM
RSWINDOL. Thats why i posted on here as i knew some smart person like yourself could answer my question!
 AnaisLily1969
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/28/2006 1:35:10 PM
Kissing is one of the most intimate things two people could do! And different types of kisses mean different things. In my eyes, a quick peck on the cheek is just a friendly action between two people. A kiss on the lips that is long lasting and/or tongue being involved is definitely more meaningful and intimate. The tricky one to descern is the quick peck that is on the lips. Two friends that are very close could give eachother pecks on the lips (closed mouths and no tongue) and it still only be a friendly gesture. It could also mean that either or both parties think of the other as more than just friends. I know when I look back, I have given pecks to friends and it was nothing more than a friendly gesture. I have also given pecks to people I have wished something more than just friendship.
 kylieskool
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/28/2006 2:01:09 PM
It was a proper kiss,lasting 20 mins on and off!!!!!
 ubkobalt
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/28/2006 2:19:48 PM
It means as much as he wants it to mean.
 coruja
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/28/2006 3:28:57 PM
Duh! Is the Pope catholic?
Having said that - depends on context...
 NewWayHome
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/28/2006 4:55:48 PM
You best believe it means something to a man. It probably means more to us than it does to women.

You don't kiss someone 'properly' as you put it, if there isn't something there.
 Bongo4u
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/28/2006 5:09:59 PM
"scratching your butt or something"

Should we start a thred if a man is scratching your butt does it mean anything?.The only way to find out this would be to ask the said butt sratcher 'why are you scratching my butt?'.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > does a kiss mean anything?