Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > North Dakota  > North Dakota-Manitoba POF Visit      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *~*Red Queen II*~*
Msg: 1
North Dakota-Manitoba POF VisitPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Hello Fellow North Dakotan POF-ers.

In the New Year, I thought it would be great idea to get a bunch of us Manitobans to cross the border to plan a visit with you.

If the consensus is favourable, then we can set a date and work out the details afterwards.

What do you think? I look forward to your thoughts, ideas, etc.

Have a great day,Eh? All the Best for a Happy New Year!
 medicgirl911
Msg: 2
North Dakota-Manitoba POF Visit
Posted: 12/30/2006 2:43:33 AM
Girl I love you!! That ... is such a cool idea! We would love to welcome you!
 Forever or Never
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/1/2007 2:29:52 PM
Did someone say road trip ?????? sounds like fun to me ....................
 sportdog
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/1/2007 2:59:05 PM
A POF get together would be a great idea with our northern neighbors. An ideal spot would be the International Peace Garden.
 medicgirl911
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/2/2007 12:27:22 AM
the peace gardens are BORING... they have nothing there anymore but a bunch of crappy flowers... used to be 100% better! I would think fargo would be good... grandforks would be ok.... plus most of the canadian persons would come from winnipeg and the peace gardens are in the wrong direction compaired to gf...
 *~*Red Queen II*~*
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/2/2007 10:57:41 AM
Happy New Year!

Medicgirl911: Good Point.

NiceGuy: Although the Peace Gardens are a lovely place, I think that either Grand Forks or Fargo is more ideal. If you find yourself visiting Winnipeg any time soon, please feel free to visit our Manitoba forum and let us know. We would love to meet & welcome you!

From what I have gathered, there is quite a bit of interested in making this Visit become a reality. This is great! However, We must agree on a location;

1. Grand Forks
2. Fargo

I was thinking that a good time for this visit to be a weekend in March.

This could allow those who want to attend to save enough for all those great American shopping bargains! (Chants:Target! Target!) And to recover from those Christmas bills!
Let's hope that the exchange rate continues to remain steady.

Once we pick a weekend, we must see about the availability of Hotels and how many rooms we will require. Of course, People will be responsible for thier own expenses and so forth.

Any further suggestions or input, please post here in this thread.
I look forward to your thoughts. We can work together to make this Visit a reality!

Have a great day!
 sportdog
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/3/2007 10:32:09 AM
Hey, it was just a suggestion.
 medicgirl911
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/4/2007 12:29:57 AM
Nice guy it was a super idea....

Its just that im from wpg and now in ND so kinda know where is closer and where Winnipegers wanna SHOP!! lol... hey i was having target withdrawl in wpg!!

I think March would be great .... I vote for Fargo!! One its a little closer for me..lol.. but GF would be ok too....

I may be able to work on getting some great room rates at a Holiday Inn as long as those who I get the rates for be good!! lol... well not THAT good.

Lets keep this going and I think I will put a post on the Manitoba site to encourage it! Thanks girl!!!

hugs!
 *~*Red Queen II*~*
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/4/2007 5:25:07 AM
Hello again Fellow American & Canadian POF-ers!

Nice Guy: The Peace Gardens were certainly a great idea. Perhaps this idea can be saved for the summer months. I haven't been there in years and would love to see the gardens again. Please don't be discouraged, seriously consider attending our get-together once the plans are in place.

Medicgirl: You are certainly Welcome. Fargo as the chosen site sounds fine to me. Seeing as Fargo is located on a main highway and easily accesible.

I just love those shopping trips to Target, (Chants; Target! Target!), and of course JC Penny (Chants JC! JC!) Oh yeah! And Macy's (Chants: Macy's! Macy's!).
It's so Funny! I absolutely HATE shopping here at home but when I'm in the U.S-Look out!

Many Hugs back at ya Medicgirl! Let's get the Party started!
(And what the heck! Many hugs to our fellow-North Dakotan POF-ers as well! )
 Srooc
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/4/2007 5:33:01 AM
This sounds like a fun idea, medicgirl, why don't you take the bull by the horns and start emailing some Grand Forks and Fargo fish and see what kinda response you get......... that's how we got a few non posters to start coming out to a few events..........
 Prairiephotos
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/4/2007 7:56:23 AM
I suppose that Fargo would be OK for those who live in eastern North Dakota. It's not that great for those from the rest of the state.
 Softtulips2006
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/4/2007 8:09:45 AM
Fargo would be nice and would be great for shopping and socializing. We have Playmakers and other clubs. I'd be willing to help plan the event if anyone would be willing to work on it with me. PLease send me a message and we could get started.
Peace all!
 Butt Ugly Redneck
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/4/2007 9:52:17 AM
Another neighbor from the north sticking his nose in, and saying my partner and myself would love to come down and visit you folks, as someone who has participated and organized a few events like this up in manitoba, all I can say is if you make the effort, it will be a great opportunity to meet people, have some fun, and hell meet someone, even the ugly old boy did, so there is always hope...lol.

If you want an idea of what these events are like, check the manitoba party threads, there is usually a major get together every month with some smaller get togethers in between, and I know that many of the people would love to help kick start something down with you folks....

Butt
 *~*Red Queen II*~*
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/4/2007 10:15:59 AM
Hi!

B.U.R: It's very nice to hear from you again! It's been quite a while since we have heard from you. It makes me so happy to know that you and your partner have an interest in this event. I think that once we get things arranged, it should be a fabulous time!

Softtulips: I'll be sure to send you an email shortly so that we can work together to make this event a Reality.

Everyone else; A few weeks ago, we did have a few Americans come up for a visit with us and it was a fantastic time. With this in mind, Please feel free to send in your input via this thread (or send email). Ideas, thoughts, input, etc are greatly appreciated.

I'll be keeping in touch. Have a great day (EH?!)
 haywiresue
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2007 10:49:56 AM
I'm in - did someone say wings (just kidding)

I would prefer Grand Forks rather than Fargo - but the right man just might be able to twist my arm

Sounds like a lot of fun - I hope dancing will be on the menu.
 medicgirl911
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/5/2007 12:31:26 AM
K... well Im gonna take the bull by the horns as far as the American end of this goes. One other location that come up was Minot... its a bit more of a drive from wpg but includes Brandon people and all that and a bit more ND people from the Bis, Mandan and areas like that. Any one have imput on this... By next wed we will take a look at the majority of posts about where to hold it and then I will start doing the random contacts to ND POF'ers. And a date.... Give a quick note to me on dates that DONT work for you....

Now as all things in life... we wont be able to make every happy but we will try our best. There are a few of you who said to contact you... well first change your restrictions!!!! If you restrict so many things most of us cant contact ya!!! Or message me!!

Later!
amy
 *~*Red Queen II*~*
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/5/2007 11:09:05 AM
Hello!

I'm very happy to report that there are a lot of Manitoban POF-ers who have expressed a sincere interest to visiting our Fellow North Dakotan POF-ers. It's very exciting!

With that being said, I'm going to take the "bull by the horns here on the Canadian side and officially "crown" this thread as "The Official Thread". So if anyone has ideas, thoughts & input, they can post it in here.

In this way, we can eliminate confusion as to what is happening and that everyone can be informed on both sides of the Border.

Looking forward to hearing from Everyone! Have a great day! Cheers!
 Prairiephotos
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/5/2007 11:39:10 AM
Fargo is a 600 mile round trip for me. That is farther than I really care to drive unless there is someone specific that I really want to meet.
 thorndyke
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/5/2007 4:00:07 PM
Like most Manitobans, I tend to think straight down south to Fargo, then turn east to Minneapolis. There is a whole lot of state to the west of I-29. That I would like to see at some point. But populationwise, winnipeg's closest Nodak places are Grand Forks and Fargo.
Sorry.
 redsss
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2007 4:56:04 PM
I think it's a great idea !! Count me in. Grand Forks I think is the better spot.
 bigmac2029
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/6/2007 3:08:41 PM
I'm in!!!!! have been down this way before. I also have a friend how lives there, and can kill two birds with one trip. she been asking me for some time to drop in. So drop me a line with all the info when where and what date.

All the Best
bigmac2029
 *~*Red Queen II*~*
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/8/2007 10:29:58 AM
Bumping this topic back up to the top. Up ya go!

Ok! Bigmac2029: Glad to hear that you have an interest in this trip.
As they say: "The More the Merrier"!

The next step is to choose a location, the March weekend, then a Hotel.

Once we have these two very important things arranged, then we can choose a meeting location & time here in Winnipeg so that we can convoy our way down to the U.S.

Let's work together in selecting the best times & places that may work for most.

We cannot please everyone. For those who are willing to compromise & keep thier options open, it can be assured that this Visit can be enjoyed by all who attend.

So, I'm going to get things started by asking my Fine Fellow Fishies to take a vote!

Please post your choice here in this thread or send your choice via email to me;

1. Grand Forks
2. Fargo
3. Minot

You have until Friday, January 19th to make your final selection.
The majority rules. I shall post the results to the chosen North Dakotan destination by January 22nd.

Afterwards, we can vote on a weekend in March, choose a Hotel then make the neccessary arrangements.

Here we go!
 fargosinglewf
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/8/2007 8:01:10 PM
I'm new to Fargo, but would be more than willing to help out any way. I think it would be great to meet the fun crowd !!

Let me know if I can help out!

Kristi Lee
 *~*Red Queen II*~*
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/9/2007 10:44:24 AM
Thanks Kristi Lee! You're kindness is greatly appreciated.

FYI: I have requested that our fine fellow fishies choose a location for this Visit to take place and to date, Fargo is making it's way to be Number One.

It just may be that Fargo could be the location for our celebration between our nations!
(Hey! That rhymes! )

I'll keep the results posted as they happen. Have a great day Everyone!
 *~*Red Queen II*~*
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/16/2007 5:31:42 AM
UPDATE (Tuesday January 16th, 2007)

Good Morning North Dakota! To date, it appears that Fargo is holding it's place as number one. However, Grand Forks is a very close second.

I have posted in our Manitoba forum that the vote on location's deadline is Friday January 19th and I will post the results on Monday January 22nd.

Please don't be shy! Let's make this Visit happen & send in your vote! Once we have our location selected, we can set the dates (A Weekend in March), A Hotel, then the rest is easy!

I look forward on hearing from Everyone soon! Have a great day, Eh?!
Show ALL Forums  > North Dakota  > North Dakota-Manitoba POF Visit