Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > how do you know when someone is using you????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 teddah
Msg: 1
how do you know when someone is using you????Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
are there hints? give aways????
 Ms. Picky
Msg: 2
how do you know when someone is using you????
Posted: 4/5/2005 1:37:46 PM
there are so many hints to tell you a person is just using you.

i wouldn't even know where to begin!
 Pandy
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2005 1:43:17 PM
If you wonder if they're using you , they probably are....
Listen to your instincts.
 JessKO
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2005 1:49:04 PM
Yes.
They always ask you for stuff/favours etc... and do nothing much to reciprocate.
 Raven34
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/5/2005 1:53:00 PM
You'll know it in your gut....if it is always take, take, take and never give.....that the interaction between you is always at their descretion and not when you need them.....the odds are you are being used.
 NaughtyByNate
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/5/2005 2:06:12 PM
ask your friends. ONE'S THAT AREN'T PARTICULARLY JEALOUS. HappY
 nuttyrat
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/5/2005 2:07:46 PM
basically, if the relationship is one-sided you are being used

If she only wants to do things with you that involve your car and taking her places, you are being used

If she only talks to you at the bar because she knows you will give her a ride home, you are being ised

If she wants you to take her shopping, you are being used

If, on a first date, she wants you to take her to an expensive restaraunt, you are GOING to be used

If you wake up beside someone that resembles a human cash register, you are being used

blah blah blah
 danceswithwolves1
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2005 2:43:43 PM
When they duct-tape you to their back porch, shave your head, and then come out twice a day only to rub your head-stubble for good luck ... or if they keep poking one vein and bleed you into a pan to make blood soup. Definite indicators!
 SpongeEric
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/5/2005 4:40:15 PM
I haven't read any of the replies to this, and my being male, I'll give you some pointers on the subject. I've been used by women myself but we need not go there..

A first sign of being used is if the man has or shows no interest in your hobbies, interests.

Another sign is if he get's upset if you don't do what he wants, Like give him sex.

If you happen to have a lot of money, you should see those sign's right away because he'll only be interested in you buying him things..

But I honestly think if he shows you no GRATITUDE, or even RESPECT, he's using you.

Now please note Ladies. I've never used a woman for any of these things. I've always tried to use a woman for her mind, her personality and her being. I appreciate a woman who takes interest in the things I do, as I would take interest in what she does.

You have to keep in mind that if he/she show's no interest in something you love doing and doesn't partake in that interest, your more than likely being used.

I myself am only 36, male and have never, ever used a woman for anything other than friendship. If I ask my best friend of 17 years (who happens to be a woman) anything about me, she'll know it. We share everything and are the best of friends, even to this day. Friendship should be the BASE of any RELATIONSHIP. If your mate knows nothing about you or your interests, then, sad to say it, your being used.
 astrosky
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2005 9:06:43 AM
If, since the day you met, your bank balance is diving for the depths of hell, there's your sign. Same goes for your gas gauge, your free time, and your pantry stock. Is your phone bill going through the stratosphere (while hers isn't)?

Does she try to make you go shopping with her when she's broke? Does she stare longingly at high dollar items and mention that the man of her dreams will purchase her all these things someday? Does she mention all the movies she wants to go see, all the vacations she would like to take, and her dream car on a regular basis?

If she lives far away does she mention how much she would love to come see you provided you buy her a round trip ticket? Or ask you to take her to Aruba, your treat?

Does she ask you to fix things around the place then offers nothing in return (like dinner) or is suddenly "busy" the minute things get fixed? Does she never call you, or only call you when she wants to dump her problems on somebody or wants to ask a favor?

I'm sure there's many more...
 jerryc79
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/6/2005 9:51:40 AM
If they're in a jam, they'll ask for your help---If you're in a jam, they run away swiftly and don't bother to ask if you need help.
 HAHANOW
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/6/2005 12:20:04 PM
Well lets see,
They ask you to dinner & they never pay a check
They live with you & never pay rent or buy food
they barrow your car & never put gas in it
just for starters!
Oh yea & they come by at 2 am for sex & say they have to leave because they have to get up early ... Like you dont have an alarm clock! LOL
 teddah
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/6/2005 2:45:44 PM
ok im going to put it out there, i like this girl, i mean id do anything for her, and i have, got her a fake id from my work (which could get me fired), pay ffor everything when we go out, send her flowers when shes having a bad day, call her and ask her how her day was etc.......but the only thing i get in return is some head every once and a while, but i also return the favor, she maybe will return mt phone calls two days later, i ask her to hang out and she says i dont know.........what should i do?????cuz she super pretty........ami being to nice?????
 Frrosty
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/6/2005 2:47:01 PM
basically, if the relationship is one-sided you are being used

nuff said.
 teddah
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/6/2005 2:48:11 PM
ok but what did i do wrong?????? is it possible to be to nice to early???
 nuttyrat
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/6/2005 3:35:27 PM
^^ Being nice in general will cause that to happen, best thing is to keep an edge ... you can calm down a little bit but don't stop being an a$$hole ... giving into their desires will invite them to ask more and more of you ... learn to say No and learn to have a cost on the things you do offer
 Irishsmiles
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/6/2005 5:27:49 PM
If you suspect your being used, thats your inner intuition.. you probably are...
 Ms. Picky
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/6/2005 5:29:14 PM

is it possible to be to nice to early???

only to the wrong person
 Pandy
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2005 5:52:02 PM

only to the wrong person

I love it when a tiny handful of words sums up an entire situation :)
great post mspicky :)
 knightrd
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/6/2005 7:06:37 PM
Yes you can be too nice. RUN! You haven't been used, you've allowed yourself to be used.
 Pandy
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2005 9:07:32 AM
Ahhh, Teddah, you're such a sweetheart.....it's just WRONG that someone is using you.
Unfortunately there are some women out there who are so emotionally screwed up that, not only does it not bother then to take advantage of someone's generous nature, they will also be repelled by it at some point (usually coincides with the very dAy they have siphoned off as much resources as they possibly can).

Move on, darlin', she doesn't begin to deserve you .
 teddah
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/7/2005 9:38:56 AM
Thank you for all your advice, and i think im going to be rid of her........but how do i do it??? i just have serious problems with being mean to this girl, i think im just going to stop calling her, or should i call her out???
 Pandy
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2005 11:21:39 AM
I can't picture you being mean, anyway, Teddah.....but the truth doesn't have to mean the entire brutal truth.

Maybe along the lines of "I'm getting that I'm more into you than you're into me....and I need a little more balance in a relationship" just a thought.

Good luck ....however you decide to deal with the situation :)
 teddah
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/7/2005 2:58:20 PM
i still cant comprehend the fact that you can be to nice........am i suppose to be an ass????does this work????
 Atropine
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/7/2005 3:10:15 PM
Unfortunately, being "too nice" is a turn off for some people. Maybe its because they think that nice person is a push over, maybe they find it annoying, who knows? But if you are genuinely nice guy and just being yourself, that person is probably not for you then. And don't be an ass if its just not you...trust me it doesn't work.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > how do you know when someone is using you????