Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > New Brunswick  > IM on POF      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tambr1
Msg: 1
IM on POFPage 1 of 1    
Hey all. First off, Happy New Year and all the best in 2007 to everyone

Has anyone tried to IM a contact, and then gotten the message that the user chose not to respond to you? Is this a glitch in the IM, or do we have that option when the IM window is open? Just curious, as I don't use the instant messaging on POF, and tried to today.
 FauzWuzHere
Msg: 2
IM on POF
Posted: 1/2/2007 7:24:22 AM
There is an option to turn it off. I turned mine off as it was annoying.
 Wildlyprivate
Msg: 3
IM on POF
Posted: 1/2/2007 7:50:59 AM
Hi Fauz,
I have been trying to turn mine off for a while now. I click on 'Turn off IM' at the bottom of my screen, and it takes me to mail settings. Maybe I am blind, but I can't find where it says to turn it off in there. Just clicking the 'turn off Im' has not turned it off for me. Can you help me out with this?
 Wildlyprivate
Msg: 4
IM on POF
Posted: 1/2/2007 7:55:17 AM
I put my glasses on and finally found the "No" to Instant Messges. All this time I've been trying to figure it out, I finally ask someone, and within seconds I find the answer. Isn't that always the way!
Thank you anyway.
 FauzWuzHere
Msg: 5
IM on POF
Posted: 1/2/2007 7:58:30 AM
It took me a lot longer to find that option, and I had my lens in.
 jenny852147
Msg: 6
IM on POF
Posted: 1/2/2007 8:11:00 AM
hi tambr,

there is sometimes a box that pops up when someone is trying to IM u that says... Mr. X would like to chat with u... accept? yes no .... (not sure of the exact wording) but it does give u the option to click one of the two... it's possible that they could have clicked no... i've actually said no before, not necessarily because i didn't want to chat, but i already had a few windows open or was just about to sign off...
i've had the message before too, so i'm assuming they clicked the no option as well... no biggie :)
 TedEBearNB
Msg: 7
IM on POF
Posted: 1/2/2007 11:20:34 AM
Jenny I think you have it right. I have had users decline to chat with me in the past. It doesnt necessarily mean they have no interest in you, just that they chose not to chat at that time. It is an indication however....
Whats a bit worse is to send someone an invite, then get the indication that they agreed to chat, and then they immediately close the window. That means they were interested in chatting with someone, but once they opened the window they then looked at your profile or pic and changed their mind. That has happened to me a few times.
All you can do is move on though - there is someone out there that wants to see your smiling face and hear what you have to say!
 Vanillaroyale
Msg: 8
IM on POF
Posted: 1/2/2007 12:02:32 PM
Well I've been having trouble contacting people I regular IM with so we are forced to use email. I keep getting the same message: server error and it tries to connect every 10 seconds. I've been seeing IM being sent to me but they won't even open. It's been a week now that this has been happening. Not a happy camper here. I answer any IM I get, never know, may make a new friend if nothing else.
 Amoreena
Msg: 9
view profile
History
IM on POF
Posted: 1/2/2007 12:35:03 PM
IM's on POF are annoying. I never accept. The couple of times I did when I first came on were men asking for sex or webcam. So I just say no.
 -mara-
Msg: 10
view profile
History
IM on POF
Posted: 1/2/2007 12:47:14 PM
I've had that same experience, Amoreena. First they say "Hi", next is "do you have a cam?" and it's all downhill after that. I have a cam, but I just say no to the question, and they leave. I must have something strange stamped across my photo, because all I attract are the goofy perverts who want to tell me all about how big their Johnson is! What's a Johnson? Just kidding, I know, my Son told me when I asked him, LOL
 tambr1
Msg: 11
IM on POF
Posted: 1/2/2007 1:06:40 PM
Thanks very much everyone........I've noticed that the IM on POF is somewhat irritable at the best of times, just wondered if anyone else had gotten the same message.
 Babyblues33020
Msg: 12
view profile
History
IM on POF
Posted: 2/3/2009 5:36:00 PM
Mine are also doing that where they will not connect, anyone know how to fix this problem.
 Sky_Red
Msg: 13
view profile
History
IM on POF
Posted: 4/18/2009 12:38:34 PM
Hi

My IM gone of as well , thought it was just me, but it look like its world wide, whats gone wrong,?
 packrat192
Msg: 14
IM on POF
Posted: 4/22/2009 12:08:40 PM
Hey, it seems like the IM is not working at the moment, been trying to im a friend but it keeps bringing me to the homepage for some reason. Does anyone know when it will be fixed?
 SglCdnMan™
Msg: 15
view profile
History
IM on POF
Posted: 4/22/2009 1:32:52 PM
The IM feature has been discontinued and from my understanding from reading the posts regarding the IM feature, it will not be brought back. To read about it, use the following weblink.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts12169123.aspx
 packrat192
Msg: 16
IM on POF
Posted: 4/23/2009 9:45:52 AM
Thanks for the information SglCdnMan =). Shame that they are getting rid of it though.
Show ALL Forums  > New Brunswick  > IM on POF