Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Women on POF have standards way too high[Locked VERY Redundant - Save      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kreator
Msg: 1
Women on POF have standards way too high[Locked VERY Redundant - Saved for reference - if any get suspended for Flames, you know why]Page 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
One thing that I'm sure every guy who has used POF will agree with is that the women on here have unrealistically high standards when it comes to selecting men. Yes yes, they get lots of mail and have to be specific blah blah. But does that really give the right to demand a huge list of dating criteria? Honestly, its ridiculous how much women here expect from guys. Most above average looking women will not give the time of day to a guy who isnt a total hunk or a superstud. Guys arent that damn picky.

Women on dating sites are extremely superficial and want way way too much. They want a guy who's tall, ruggedly handsome and masculine looking, with no trace of boyish features, athletic and muscular, intelligent, witty, financially secure etc etc...I'm not just complaining because I'm bitter and rejected, it just incenses me how women have such overblown senses of self-entitlement and overinflated egos that they would blow off any guy who isnt a total stud. Even above average looking guys get treated like garbage. The only way you get any substantial attention is if you are model quality. Sure guys can be superficial and picky too, but nowhere near the extent that women are. Not by a longshot.

Yet another "done to death" generalization - saved for reference.

To all concerned:

If any got caught up in the flame war that ensued? You should probably
read the site posting rules to understand why you're suspended.

If you've only been dropping "one-liners" and chatting - it's now more difficult to do so.

*Serenisis*
Msg: 2
Women on POF have standards way too high
Posted: 1/2/2007 7:33:23 PM
I think you've had a terrible sampling..I don't deny that women have standards and expectations, who doesn't? But we're not all like that, or that extreme..try looking in different places if you don't like what you see on this site!
 parry10
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2007 7:36:51 PM
I think the women here all marvellous......never had to be the one to ask one out yet.....it's always them doing the asking......they're awesome by and large!.......sweet, intelligent and interesting.....

neil89
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/2/2007 7:37:02 PM
there's always inflatable dolls
 ChaoticDreamer
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/2/2007 7:41:28 PM
For one thing....you've been here less than two weeks. So, unless you have spent every waking hour on here since becoming a member...how can you make such a statement about the *women* here on PoF??

You might be using the wrong searches and looking for barbie dolls...who in turn want ken dolls...ever thought of that ?

Don't make such a generalized statement as the one you have because you don't know all the women here. If you have had poor luck with a few...then fine...chalk it up to experience and move on. But, by no means should you come in here and bash the female gender because of the actions of a few.

Everyone and I mean everyone is entitled to making choices on who they want to meet. Everyone is entitled to be picky. Granted some are overly picky..but just the same..it's their right. I could sit here and bytch about how men only want barbie dolls...and for some I've run into that stands true. I won't rant and rave about that because that's their choice and because I know all men aren't after barbie dolls.

If you are so displeased with the women on these sites...then pray tell...why are you here? I'll tell you why. Because somewhere deep down you think there is someone here that you are going to connect with.

Now...stop being so picky and superficial regarding profiles and get to know a person instead of judging by profiles. That's the same as judging a book by it's cover. Hell...some would think I'm a bit of a hardazz after reading my profile...and they have found that isn't true at all. Get the picture ????
 seriecita
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/2/2007 7:43:13 PM
Ok, this guy sure sounds upset.

Men are as picky (if not more) than women. Shortest answer I can give you.
 MotleyGrrl
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/2/2007 7:44:44 PM
I have very high standards. I knew exactly what I was looking for and wouldn't accept anything less. And guess what- I found who I was looking for and couldn't be happier!!
Nobody should have to lower their standards. I think it's ridiculous the OP is complaining about this.
 DontTouchMyHibiscus
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/2/2007 7:45:25 PM
My retort to you would be..who's profiles are YOU looking at??

I don't think that women are as picky as wanting someone who is financially secure..What's so bad about that? It's nice to have a guy who can hold his own and not scrounge for money from his mother's coin purse.

How abou tthose girls who are average looking and message those guys who are gorgeous, great body, incredible eyes, pecs, etc? I'm sure that guy would not give 2 sh!ts about what she has to say..I'm probably just bitter, but guys are the same way in most cases.
 luggerchick
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/2/2007 7:46:29 PM
Awww thank you parry!!!
I agree here that not all of us are the same.
I can understand how some women can post exactly what they are looking for...maybe to weed out the riff raff? Who knows.

My profile gets quite "yakky" and it's only because once I start typing, I can't stop. LOL
But I would want the guy who is reading my profile to get a better understanding about who I am (by reading first)........(and the fact that I refuse to change for any man!!) :)

Read them again, I would call her bluff. LOL

(I think some women make themselves out to be "more" than what they really are, for impression maybe?)

My opinion.

Good luck!
 DallasFlier
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2007 7:46:43 PM

One thing that I'm sure every guy who has used POF will agree with...

You better stop and rethink what you're SURE every guy here will agree with, because you've already been proven wrong. This may well be THE whiniest post of the new year so far. Are you always this whiny, or just having a particularly bad day, OP?
 seriecita
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/2/2007 7:49:38 PM
Don't touch: Not only that.... Not long ago I got a guy who im' me and says:

"Liked your profile, but I don't believe in interracial dating"

The incredible part is that I "look whiter" than he does...

(He sort of looks like Pancho Villa)

And I didn't initiate contact!!! I got "unsolicited rejection".... Darn it! hehehe
 krazyxexykewl
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/2/2007 7:51:35 PM
"im not just complaining because Im bitter and rejected" ... really?

Lots of fishy in the sea... one can be picky.. freedom to choose. :)
 UrbanX
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/2/2007 7:54:47 PM
Would you like some cheese with your whine?

Cheers,
Mike (something stinky perhaps?)
 fiestyangel2007
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/2/2007 8:03:17 PM
Man I think this is hilarious, when a man complains about the woman's standards mmmm gee kind of nice that the shoe is on the other foot for a change. Do you know how many profiles say they want a slim, blonde, athletic, together, yadayadayada barbie doll man to bad you don't read the male sites!

My words of wisdom--ta da-- "suck it up princess" we are not going to be everything to everyone that is life...I want to be that everything to just one....

fiesty
 seriecita
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/2/2007 8:07:41 PM
Angel! You are my hero!

You actually had the guts of telling this guy what I wanted to tell him...

Yes, ask me how many profiles I have read asking for those same "qualities" that you describe...

If I had a dollar for each of those, I could buy microsoft... CASH!
 HilbertSpace
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/2/2007 8:08:34 PM
It's called a free market. If someone's too picky, they don't get anybody. If they're not picky enough, they get someone like me. You just have to do your best, and the Invisible Hand will pat you on the back.

Either that, or you can just go back to Moscow...
 ForumFrenzy
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/2/2007 8:08:36 PM
Wow, way to sink your own ship.

Let me tell you something. I purposely did not post a picture here to weed out the superficials. You have that option, you know.

And guess what. I met a great guy. And he does not look like Brad Pitt either. He is just a very sweet, respectful, decent human being.

Women are looking for The Guy. Sometimes they are hunky and sometimes they are not.

But women have no interest in being insulted by a pompous little turd who likes to speak for the masses.

I think you owe the POF'rs an apology or kiss your dating chances good bye.
 ctlocal
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/2/2007 8:11:00 PM
man DallasFlier i couldent of said it any better ... props to u
 summerskies3
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/2/2007 8:11:12 PM
"Most above average looking women will not give the time of day to a guy who isnt a total hunk or a superstud. Guys arent that damn picky.

You see the contradiction?? can ya see it??

Maybe you shouldnt be going for ONLY above average women??

I hear you in some way.. but.. don't speak for all.. read my profile..
 amourvigoureuxx
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/2/2007 8:11:27 PM
Completely acceptable and understandable when the ratio of men to women on this site is 10 to 1.

I will agree, though, that some "are farting higher than from the hole" That is a French translation here.

rollergrrl
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/2/2007 8:12:27 PM
op - would you like to borrow a midol?
 belly18dancer
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/2/2007 8:12:59 PM
oh it's true men are not picky...they will f u c k anything that will f u c k them back....

and basically that's what the majority of men on this site seem to be looking for...and for the few men who aren't....the others are screwing it up for you....
 Thatguy67
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2007 8:13:19 PM
It is a good standard to post a picture of yourself. You'll get more responses.
 dodgeandburn
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/2/2007 8:15:34 PM
Like you said, women get tons of emails. At least a few of them have to come close to what they want.

If I was getting tons of emails I'd be tightening up my criteria, too.
 smiles644
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/2/2007 8:17:32 PM
Once again someone who thinks this is a gender thing. Like stated above men are just as picky. The funniest thing that I have noticed is that the guys that whine the loudest are the most pickiest of them all.

OP - think twice next time you reject someone because they might not be pretty enough to meet your expectations.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Women on POF have standards way too high[Locked VERY Redundant - Saved for reference - if any get suspended for Flames, you know why]