Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Girl sportbike riders, male sportbikers help wanted      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Risk nothing n lose
Msg: 1
Girl sportbike riders, male sportbikers help wantedPage 1 of 1    
Ok guys, help me out here....I have been a rider pretty much all my life and bought my sportbike 2 years ago....some of the biker guys i have dated have been extremly turned on by this but then when they realize i ride hard and fast and most of the time harder then themselves they get intimidated by me, I don't ride any different if im riding with my group of friends or on a date, are they embarrassed by this? do they feel less of a man because a girl rides faster in the corners then what they are comfortable with...im kinda confused.
since my ideal next partner would be a rider am i just gonna scare them away by my riding style....sheesh lol
 ubkobalt
Msg: 2
Girl sportbike riders, male sportbikers help wanted
Posted: 1/4/2007 10:07:59 PM
Whoa! We got a wild one here. And not necessarily in a bad way either.

I'll never understand the intimidation thing when it comes to this. I don't think it's being "beaten". I think it's more of a "holy crap, what do I have here?" kind of thing. In my opinion, you reek of that dangerous kind of sexy, without being intimidating in your tone. (From your profile and post, you seem quite gentle.) But, sexy ITSELF can be intimidating, not the actions you do. And maybe that's it.

Somewhere between being not worthy, and if you do get her, what would you do with her? By not worthy, I don't necessarily mean inferiority. I mean, they type that is so awesome, you have no idea what kind of respect to pay towards them. THAT is intimidating.

Why do dogs chase cars? What would they do with one once they caught it?

Keep an eye out for a guy who can "keep up" so to speak.
 forummb
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/5/2007 1:57:24 AM
a comment and a question for you
if you call him a baby and challenge him you'll have him. Tell him to pull up his pink panties or say pull out your tampon and keep up or else he's buying beers. Negative Motivation works.

My question for you is what made you ride your bike down a muddy road more or less a quad trail, it looks like your riding a R6 and thats a fairly nice bike?
 Nightwing66
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/5/2007 4:55:05 AM
Hahhaha....I've ridden all my life & guys on bikes are no different than guys in general. You'll find a guy w/ your attitude & skill level, just be picky. Look for the guy who doesn't brag & just rides....also look for tires that are worn to the edges! I'm faster than the group I ride w/...but that's why there are track days.

I'd love it if my GF even rode...much less could keep up in the twisties! Hell, I bought her a learning bike, but no dice. No biggie, she keeps up in other areas.

Your part of the country has some of the best riding anywhere...ever dated an offroad guy? They usually have fantastic bike control & are often pretty fast on the pavement, too. You can learn alot about street riding by spending some time in the saddle of a nice dirt bike...especially when it comes to throttle control & extreme situations.

Rock on, girl.....I'd be giddy w/ laughter if I found a chic who could pass me on the outside of a fast sweeper. But I'm not going to hold my breath on that one....
 Red2314
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/5/2007 5:42:54 AM
Best advisement: seeking for skill (msg 4). Suppose I shouldn't chime in, but rode for 28 years, found (some) similiar attitudes both on the asphalt and the Trap field, but never at the school/track or in competition. There's a big difference between general concept (or titalation) and enjoyment at a shared level of skill. Like dancing, a gracious partner often adjusts to what their partner can cope with; but a little friendly competition - particularly between skilled individuals - is just the spice of life. Greatly agree with (msg 4)
Look for the guy who doesn't brag & just rides....also look for tires that are worn to the edges!
. Check the boots, pegs too. Although these are not as telling as the tires. Then enjoy yourself, I did. Love it. A lotta good men out there, seek those skilled.
 CloneAlone
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2007 7:11:46 AM
I've been riding quite a few years, both sportbikes and Harley's and I know one thing. There will always be someone who is a better, crazier, more on the edge rider than me/you/them.
And I agree with what someone said about there being all types of guys out there, both on and off bikes.
Personally, a woman who is still a woman off the bike is sexy as hell. A woman who is the tomboy or 'one of the guys' off the bike, not so sexy.
That said, I may not be able to keep up with you on the twisties but I can keep the shiny side up and ride within my abilities so I'll still be alive when we get home. And if you ride like you say, I'd be the guy at home saying 'You know hon, if we jet and pipe your ride you could get another 10 hp out of that engine!!' as I grab for my wrenches. Full support, and if it meant being your 'pit crew' if that made you happy and you are that good a rider, any guy would do that for you if he really cared.

Clone
 Risk nothing n lose
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/5/2007 8:40:52 AM

My question for you is what made you ride your bike down a muddy road more or less a quad trail, it looks like your riding a R6 and thats a fairly nice bike?

GREAT question, and I get asked this alot now since I have the proof that I actaully do it,

My bike is an 03 yamaha yzf R6 SE and thank you it is a nice bike.

Because its fun and scary......Yes I get called crazy for doing this, not only because I have a nice bike, but the risk of loosing it is greatly increased, and or the lack of control you have in the mud. I have had people tell me its impossible to take a sportbike mudding, yea try telling a hard headed guy that its easily done if you trust yourself and your bike, its not like i take it into the mountains where i know i will get stuck. The reason for the pic was to end all those comments about Im a lier and your full of shyt, I don't make myself to be more then what I say I am, but when i think something is fun I share and try to find others willing enough to join.

I think it's more of a "holy crap, what do I have here?" kind of thing. In my opinion, you reek of that dangerous kind of sexy, without being intimidating in your tone. (From your profile and post, you seem quite gentle.) But, sexy ITSELF can be intimidating, not the actions you do

*blushes* thank you and yes I am a gentle person by nature, can be shy and quiet, but I have confidence where and when it counts, and I will keep my eyes open for someone who keeps up, I guess to me it doesnt matter if they can keep up, I know I will wait for them at the end of the run, I don't judge people for being slower then me, i'd rather they be honest with themselves and get to the end safely rather then them tring to keep up and prove to me they are somewhat worthy, I'd just like to find someone with the same passion for riding these style of bikes as I do, but yea the faster the better lol

kinda replying to alot of the messages in this post sorry if its long and boring

Your part of the country has some of the best riding anywhere...ever dated an offroad guy? They usually have fantastic bike control & are often pretty fast on the pavement, too. You can learn alot about street riding by spending some time in the saddle of a nice dirt bike...especially when it comes to throttle control & extreme situations.

Rock on, girl.....I'd be giddy w/ laughter if I found a chic who could pass me on the outside of a fast sweeper. But I'm not going to hold my breath on that one...

I have dated guys who grew up on dirtbikes like myself, but it seems like we end up as good friends rather then persuing something romantic...

Im gonna give you the same advice...keep looking she's out there

a gracious partner often adjusts to what their partner can cope with; but a little friendly competition - particularly between skilled individuals - is just the spice of life

Red I totally agree with you on this and a very good statement, thank you

Personally, a woman who is still a woman off the bike is sexy as hell. A woman who is the tomboy or 'one of the guys' off the bike, not so sexy.

I'd be the guy at home saying 'You know hon, if we jet and pipe your ride you could get another 10 hp out of that engine!!' as I grab for my wrenches. Full support, and if it meant being your 'pit crew' if that made you happy and you are that good a rider, any guy would do that for you if he really cared.

well I am no prissy lil thing, but im not one of those butch biker girls either....the sleek sexy look of a bike suits me just fine, I am the same on my bike as i am off it.

WOW, where can i find a supportive guy like that who's willing to do all that stuff...clone huh good name....I wish it was possible lol....

thanks for replies....I really do appreciate the feedback and input....keep it commin...thanks all

Jarbarian
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/5/2007 9:36:45 AM

Ok guys, help me out here....I have been a rider pretty much all my life and bought my sportbike 2 years ago....some of the biker guys i have dated have been extremly turned on by this but then when they realize i ride hard and fast and most of the time harder then themselves they get intimidated by me, I don't ride any different if im riding with my group of friends or on a date, are they embarrassed by this? do they feel less of a man because a girl rides faster in the corners then what they are comfortable with...im kinda confused.
since my ideal next partner would be a rider am i just gonna scare them away by my riding style....sheesh lol

Most of the women I have dated in the past have been riders and they were pretty fast. It's never scared me at all, in fact, I loved it. Racing motorcycles is my passion (see my pics) so I would ideally like to be with someone who shares some of my interest. It would help a lot if they enjoyed the sport as much as I did.

And don't let the guys be intimidated by you. I know some very, very fast women on sport bikes that could put a guy to shame.
 wrencher77
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/5/2007 9:55:18 AM
^^What he said.

As an mx'er and now atv mx, there are a few female racers that are lighting fast, too bad they're all 18-21!!! I think it's awesome and not intimidated by it all. I treat all racers with the same respect, it's takes a lot of personal commitment, talent and hard work.

I dont' think you'll scare the "right guy" away....Just the posers......
 athletic2222
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/5/2007 10:14:24 AM
Yeesh.. no man is intimidated because you ride faster or better than him if that is even true and i doubt it is. If anything they would be impressed by the ability. It just sounds like you are on here blowing your own horn bragging about your bike and the fact that you race. Look at the real reason men are leaving you. It's not your bike riding but a thread like this gives me some ideas about why they wouldn't want to date you.
 Nightwing66
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/5/2007 10:20:56 AM
Now you have a perfect example of the type to avoid.

Back when I was racing off-road (virtually ZERO women roadracing @ the time, even in the local club classes), I raced against Mercedes Gonzales a few times. She was wicked fast....I think I only beat her once out of 3 times & that was on a much larger bike in a cross country race. I know she could kick my ass on a small MX track.

Intimidated? Nah....she was cool as hell!
 Risk nothing n lose
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/5/2007 11:10:38 AM

Racing motorcycles is my passion (see my pics) so I would ideally like to be with someone who shares some of my interest. It would help a lot if they enjoyed the sport as much as I did.

And don't let the guys be intimidated by you. I know some very, very fast women on sport bikes that could put a guy to shame.

I have been thinking about getting on the track and alot of my friends support me on it but was kinda worried if i did that more as a season thing would I lose my passion for it, I doubt it but who knows...

I wish there was more women who rode here, I have 2 g/f's that ride sportbikes and i feel terribly bad for one, she keeps crashin, nothing serious but one day im scared it will be a lil more then just scratches and brusies and she's such a pretty girl, but has no co-ordination on her bike, makes the rest of us nervous but we respect her and help her out...thats what ridings all about...

SWEET PICS ALSO.....very nice

I dont' think you'll scare the "right guy" away....Just the posers......

I guess your right wrencher, I have made alot of good friends by being the style of rider I am, but most of them are just that...friends...I guess I could be staring mr right, right in the face and not know it..

Yeesh.. no man is intimidated because you ride faster or better than him

It just sounds like you are on here blowing your own horn bragging about your bike and the fact that you race. Look at the real reason men are leaving you

nice to think that one man has the ability to speak for ALL men....hmmm...kinda actaully shows the type of person you are by that one statement, thinking you can speak for all out there...

yes I ride well and no im not ashamed to admit it, doesnt make me a bragger, I enjoy talking to other riders who share the same passion I do, we all like to tell our riding stories, triumps and crashes...shyt who dont...hell yes I will brag about my bike, its not the best and quickest out there but i love it to death, I worked hard to buy it and im proud to have it...who wouldnt be..

Now you have a perfect example of the type to avoid. Intimidated? Nah....she was cool as hell!

yea it is huh....oh well theres all types of opinions out there and im open to em all, each to thier own

its nice to see that guys can get along with women racers and just have them be apart of a team...I think im living in the wrong state LOL

thanks again for all the input, I appreciate everyones opinion, good or bad...

OnLoch
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/5/2007 2:05:20 PM
Hello. Nice R6 (got a '98 gsxr600 myself)

I've ridden with some people and have stopped because everything turned into a race or every stop light became a drag race. I'm just out there to enjoy the ride and sometimes you want to see how fast you can take the corner and other times you want to just enjoy the scenery. If you ride hard and fast all the time then you should find someone with the same riding style. OR If you do find someone that's intimidated you could offer to make him a better rider.
If you're interested in racing try a track day or two.

I used to ride with an attractive French woman who had a Kawi 750 and because of the tight leathers that she wore, she was always in front of me.
 Risk nothing n lose
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/5/2007 2:27:27 PM
hiya OnLoch and thanks
lol....love what you said about always being behind her...thats awesome...

the group of people i ride with are all casual riders some have more skill then others, but its usually me and my best friend chris leading the group since we are the faster paced riders, and it never seems to bother my friends, just the new guys that either are introduced to the group or i have met elsewhere. I will deffinately keep your advice in mind
thank you

and im still thinking about the track....I think once i get a second bike i might not be so shy about it but as for now i only have the one and id like to keep her in running condition lol....on the road as a group we all have that respect for each other, on the track it would be more tire to tire and fairing to fairing...so the second bike would be nice to have just for that
 Goldeylocks
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/5/2007 4:21:58 PM
Hey girlie... too bad you live so far away from me, you sound like someone I would love to ride with! If you ever go on a road trip and head North to B.C. Canada, you send me an email and I'll show you the roads around this part of town. I am fortunate to have a great group that I ride with here (as well as know three women riders that are pretty darn fast!!) that would welcome you into our group after checking out your skills.

I know *exactly* where you are coming from on the question thing though. I have been riding for almost 9 years now, started on a '95 Honda F3, then moved onto a R6, then rode a R1 for 4 years and now I ride a BMW R1100s. I haven't dated a fellow yet that can keep up, mind you... I have met many that can and are better riders than myself, but they have either been married, spoken for, or not datable (if you know what I mean)... so I am still looking. I really don't like to judge newbie riders, however I tried dating a fellow for all of last summer that was in his 2nd year of riding and it was really hard to slow myself down and still be able to enjoy the ride while worrying about him the entire time.

I think the BEST advice for you... would be to enjoy your riding with your riding friends (male or female) and keep it separate from your dating life. At least that way you don't have to worry about your significant other going too hot into a corner behind you and you hearing that CJUZZZZ sound of metal hitting pavement... eeek! So you can do your biking thing some of the time and your romantic stuff the other part of the time. Everyone needs hobbies and interests separate from the relationship they are in, might as well be riding. Gee, can you tell I've given up my hope of finding a great handsome guy that rides well?? :angel
 Risk nothing n lose
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/5/2007 5:45:06 PM
dang not only am I in the wrong state im in the wrong country lol....its nice to hear from another gal that rides...and yea i hear ya with the ones who are faster, the ones here are too young and silly or are just that married and or taken. The slower pace can be somewhat annoying but as long as he knows to go at his pace and i'll go at mine and theres that understanding there all would be good...when riding in a group we usually make sure at least one rider behind can see headlights of the one following.....

The reason I have been tring to find a guy who rides is more the fact that my ex b/f who didnt ride was very jelous of my friends and couldnt understand why I had so many male friends, so I would have to cart him on the back which I didnt mind at all but I needed some extra fast paced runs here and there to get that so called fix....kinda hard when u have a guy telling you to slow down all the dang time lol especially taking a clover leaf at 30 mph was too fast... so I really dont want to have to explain my passion to someone who has no idea of why I ride so much.....or the fact of why I have so many male friends... a rider would be more likely to understand this...

same goes for yourself....if your ever down this way give me a shout....the more the merrier...
thank you for your post....I hope you find the one your lookin for as well
keep in touch

athletic2222
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/5/2007 5:49:54 PM
It makes no sense at all that a man would say "wow that woman is such a good bike rider I would never be good enough for her". No man would say that and yes I'm speaking for all men. You can see all the posts here. No one is saying they would be intimidated by a female bike rider (good or not). Makes no sense at all. Like I said earlier and many on here have said they would be impressed not intimadated. Look at other reasons things are working for you. Don't make excuses and run for the truth. Face the truth and do something about it.
 box within a box
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/5/2007 5:54:17 PM

I agree, you're just asking for buildup in the internal components of that fast street machine. There's a reason Yamaha makes off-roads me thinks...I believe they were uhhh, engineered for that purpose...HAHA

Not to say that street bikes especially R6s which are engineerred to go REALLY fast on flat asphaltish surfaces can't be taken off-road also.

You go GIRL for proving you can take that badboy in the mud too!

semper_vera
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2007 6:06:26 PM
I've been riding for 16 years (cruisers, touring bikes, sport bikes), and yeah I have been known to ride hard and fast. The guys I used to ride with were totally blown away that I had no problem keeping up to them. I've found that the guys who are going to be intimidated by the way you ride are ones who have issues with a lot of things that 'modern' women do, so you're better off without them anyway. There are enough guys out there that are going to be turned on by an aggressive rider...

sv
 Risk nothing n lose
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/5/2007 6:15:36 PM

I agree, you're just asking for buildup in the internal components of that fast street machine. There's a reason Yamaha makes off-roads me thinks...I believe they were uhhh, engineered for that purpose...HAHA

Not to say that street bikes especially R6s which are engineerred to go REALLY fast on flat asphaltish surfaces can't be taken off-road also.

You go GIRL for proving you can take that badboy in the mud too!

I know im running a risk of hurting my bike but I do pay alot of attention to it, I keep everything as clean as I can, I also have a buddy who details cars and bikes so I am very fortunate....I grew up on off road bikes and I do love that too, I guess the loose feeling of taking her offroad appeals to me a lil more, gives me a bit more of a rush i guess...

Look at other reasons things are working for you. Don't make excuses and run for the truth. Face the truth and do something about it.

wondering what your advice would be on this? im open too discussion...your ok to point this out but my topic was asking for advice on this, a lil advice on your opinion would be great..good or bad I have a very open mind....what am I missing that you feel could possibly help me out in my current situation.....Thanks
 Risk nothing n lose
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/5/2007 6:20:41 PM
Thanks SV....it was kinda the same for me when I first started riding with people here..the shock value was quite amusing...

thanks for the input and i agree im better off with out them
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Girl sportbike riders, male sportbikers help wanted