Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > is it possible for attractive people to be very lonely?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 eaglesfan7
Msg: 1
is it possible for attractive people to be very lonely?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
just want to know what people think when they see an attactive person about whether he/she is taken or not. i believe that there are attractive people out there that have a hard time getting dates.
 bobalouie
Msg: 2
view profile
History
is it possible for attractive people to be very lonely?
Posted: 1/8/2007 2:22:13 AM
I have talked to several women who I think are attractive who have spent many Saturday nights alone. I think we just assume they have someone because they are attractive. I am intimidated by beautiful women and seldom approach them, but then I have an inate fear of rejection (typical Leo).
 lilangel77
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/8/2007 3:13:36 AM
I would say...looks don't matter (everyone : attractive or not) can or have been lonely!

I have people tell me all the time that I am unapproachable, when they first see me but of they know someone I know then meet me through them they are glad we meet! But still tell me if they saw me in a bar or anywhere that they would not have the nerve to come say HI.

And this happens all the time! !

I am not sure if this is because I look stuck up or (B*tchy) or because of looks or what...

But I know I have had some Saturday nights alone!
 907daydreamer
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/8/2007 5:04:10 AM
Some people prefer to spend time alone regardless of how attractive the world may or may not find them.
 AcesDJD
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2007 6:43:20 AM

there are attractive people out there that have a hard time getting dates.

You wish! There are always guys that are willing to take their chances on attractive women. In fact more guys are willing to hit on women they consider out of their league than in their league, because the rejection from a "10" doesn't sting as much.

If people didn't care so much about looks on here, the amount of single people would plummet. Sure, I appreciate looking at a good looking woman as much as anyone, but if you fall in love with someone who has even a modicum of attraction to you they will be beautiful to you and that won't be important.
 flowerist
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/8/2007 7:49:04 AM
thought i'd just reply to this thread for the h*ll of it.

I am intimidated by beautiful women and seldom approach them, but then I have an inate fear of rejection

I cannot help how my genetics have made me look or that i have spent all my life looking after my health and wellbeing.
surely that proves consientiousness? and dedication? something i would like to share with a man, preferrably one who will love me 100% and not feel the need to have other women in his life .
i have been alone for 7 years, and have been told much the same as you have said in your post. that i am intimidating, how?? i don't understand - i'm kind. laid back a great sense of humour, i don't drink except for the odd glass of wine with a meal. i do however smoke, and yes, i guess that puts some men off. but..... i am just me. attractive some say- and i often get told that i must have a queue of men waiting to date me, untrue, utterly so untrue its unbelievable.
as for the fear of rejection being a Leo thing? i don't think leo's have the pitch on that. I'm a Scorpio and petrified of rejection.
 psssst
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/8/2007 1:07:01 PM

It's possible for anyone to feel lonely... an attractive person is no different from anyone else... they have the same fears, hopes, wants and dreams as we all do...

i believe that there are attractive people out there that have a hard time getting dates.
Perhaps it's more common for an attractive person to be asked out or hit on by someone, but that doesn't mean they would say yes any more or less than a less attractive person...

We're all people, just in different packaging...
 bobalouie
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2007 1:34:39 PM
Just my take on things. I have a friend who is a ten. I won't date because she, my ex and i are all friends. Unless she goes out with a group, she spends a lot of nights alone.
 pinky8370
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2007 1:36:40 PM
It is possible for anyone to feel lonely....
 lorelie37
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/8/2007 2:50:35 PM
I am a attractive lady Im told, sorry I don't have a picture for you to judge that but, I have been single for quite some time. Yes it gets very lonely at times, but I hang in there.
I don't get asked out but from older men like in their 60's.
I really have not put myself out there, I am not picky its just that I don't want to settle with the first one that I spark their interest.
I would walk into a room and look just amazing and not one person would say hi to me, yes they all stared but they looked afraid, and I just never understood that I keep up the beauty and Im sure that someday God willing he will bring that special man in my life
 *tinydancer*
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/8/2007 3:11:42 PM
Well, I'm not about to admit that I think I'm anything special. But I suppose I don't look too bad for my age. And I sit home dateless most weekends. Not meaning that I don't have friends to do things with occasionally. I wonder how I can be on 100+ favorites lists and have no boyfriend. It's a mystery to me......
 MDNinja
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/8/2007 3:26:39 PM
attractive people are often the most lonely
 P.A.T.C.H.
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/8/2007 3:36:12 PM
It is very much so possible for anyone to be lonely. Also, just because a person is attractive on the outside doesn't mean they are attractive inside. You can be a perfect 10 in looks but if you don't have a good personality to go with those looks you could be lonely for quite a while. Some people learn that the hardway when they only go for looks... and so do the people who are so conceided they don't realize how rotten their attitudes have become.

Confidence is one thing... c*ockiness is another.

Some of the most beautiful people I have met are the ones who are beautiful from the inside out.

And in many cases... some people just haven't found someone for themselves yet. It doesn't matter how many men/women come knocking at your door, if you arn't attracted to them then it doesn't matter.
 bkrn2006
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/8/2007 4:14:00 PM
So if I'm lonely, does that mean I'm attractive?

Seriously, I've met some very famous people where I work at, and they are, on average, very lonely people! It's really sad to see, but I guess the saying is true: It's lonely at the top. But then they never know who their true friends are.
 heavenscent12345
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/8/2007 4:25:50 PM
Sure attractive people can be lonely. Anybody can. Everybody, especially women, have people who just want to bed them.
 Guardian_Of_Gaea
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/8/2007 4:26:59 PM
It comes with the territory.

~ David
 Will_NeverGiveUp
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/8/2007 4:45:32 PM
I agree with msg. #13 on this one.
 *Illsa
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/8/2007 5:10:41 PM
I don't know if it is possible because I am an unattractive really ugly little bugger....also I am horribly wicked & mean....but most of the time I am not lonely. And most people I know, for one reason or another are actually kinda attractive people...and they're not lonely either.

Except for tonight, my micro-wave won't work...and I am very lonely for popcorn...
poof!
 jeebs again
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/8/2007 5:40:34 PM
"Attractive people are often the most lonely".

I think that is one of the most over generalized statements ever made.

Are the "avarage" or "ugly" people supposed to feel sorry for "attractive" people who are alone and single?

This whole debate falters at the fact that "beauty" doesn't have a universal face.
 Guardian_Of_Gaea
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/8/2007 5:50:41 PM
um, you don't get it, jeebs...

By attractive, we don't just mean pretty. We also mean attractive in terms of personality and all that.

Look at some of the most kind, gentle people on the forums, and you'll notice that many of them are single.

We don't show it, because we'd rather put a good foot forward...

I mean, the sad fact is:

The attractive may be very lonely, but the lonely are not very attractive.

Go figure.
 deleted00801
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/8/2007 5:56:52 PM
im told im attractive every once and a while, but nevertheless i dont go out much these days.

a word of wisdom, dont give power to someone who has a pretty face, its almost a metaphysic made manifest by our own attitudes. we create some kind of power, and give it to these individuals.
 907daydreamer
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/8/2007 6:04:52 PM
In terms of loneliness, the only difference between attractive and unattractive (inside or out) is that being attractive means a person has more in the way of options. It doesn't mean that any greater percentage of those options is compatible and while those that aren't compatible might be available to offer the appearance of not being lonely, if it isn't a match you are still lonely on the inside.
 pansatyros
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/8/2007 6:21:16 PM
If she is alone I assume she is not taken, if she is with a guy I notice the body language to discern the degrees of intimacy they have. Sometimes boyfriends have just a loneliness-killing function and nothing more...
 daisie
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/8/2007 6:22:05 PM
"loneliness" is an attitude, a frame of mind, a way of percieving the world. All of that has almost nothing to do with appearance. The correlation is not very strong.

A person can have a strong, healthy attitude regardless if they are FUGLY or gorgeous.

Same goes for crappy, pity-party attitudes.....not much to do with where they rate on a scale of 1-10 in appearance.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > is it possible for attractive people to be very lonely?