Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > FAQ: How Do I Find My Forums or Posts      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Oral*Heat*
Msg: 1
FAQ: How Do I Find My Forums or PostsPage 1 of 1    
When u are able to see the last 25 forums u were involved with, is there an easier way to find what u wrote in the forum as opposed to scrolling all the pages to find yurself? I know yur profile has only the last 5. Sometimes I like to see what has been posted since last I posted.
 Designer111
Msg: 2
view profile
History
FAQ - How Do I Find My Forums or Posts
Posted: 1/21/2007 12:11:19 PM
I started a forum - yesterday. Received a number of posts. When I go to my forums - it doesn't show it today. Last 25 posts only shows about 5 and doesn't show my post responses to people on my forum.... hmmmm guess it's lost

You start threads, threads reside in a forum as an FYI.
Read the FAQ posted at the top of every forum - it was probably deleted for any of the reasons found in the FAQ

- Trappedonbayst
 Designer111
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2007 7:20:36 PM
The FAQ won't even open when I click on it - nor will My Forums open now - at all

The threads you posted to were under a different alias, as for the FAQ not opening, I'm not sure what you're doing - try the FAQ link to the left on this line. Trappedonbayst
 pensky
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/29/2007 6:02:36 AM
I need to find a post of mine from--I think it was a few weeks ago. I joined POF on Dec 18.
I post constantly these days, so my last 25 changes every day. I've tried hunting for it in all imaginable threads, checking page by page for what I thought might have been keywords in the title of the thread. I've looked for hours. I am now savvy enough to copy posts of mine to a document file for (way in the future) reference like this. Is there any way I can ever locate this lost post?
 DonInVictoria
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/29/2007 7:14:54 AM
Use your browser's "Save As" is a way of archiving your efforts to your PC for posterity (much quicker than copying to a document file, may have to use different file names so might as well add a keyword or date, eg. YYYYmmDD).

-if you know for sure some of the keywords in the title of the thread/topic, that's how the site's search tool works

-the brute force approach is to visit each forum where you might possibly have posted, and then open any threads going as far back as seems likely that sound remotely possible as something you would respond to, and scan those for your name

-or, just pray that someone freshens the thread so that it will eventually show up in your My Forums' threads' listing again
 miss_kitty
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2007 12:11:49 PM
I am going to ask a question in this post as I dont' seem to be able to read the replies to my own thread. I don't have any problem finding my post. I see that I have a reply, however I can't read the reply. What on earth am I doing wrong. This has not been a good experience for me.. LOL HELPPPPP

I hope that nobody minds that I butted in . I just am not finding forums to be a very user friendly experience !
 bigblond4
Msg: 7
FORUMS: How Do I Find My Forums or Posts
Posted: 9/8/2007 8:39:48 AM
can you tell me is there anyway that i can get pics from a past wakefield and leeds meet. im not wanting the last meets but a couple before them i attended and had some nice pics im trying to get. could i do this? julie
 tj2free
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/19/2007 1:42:20 PM
how do i post my own forum question
 Ticketoride
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/19/2007 5:47:37 PM
Forum noun, (pl. "fora" or "forums") An online Discussion Group providing a Variety of Forums in which Participants with common Interests can exchange open Messages. Reading a Forum's Archives can be a good Way to obtain a basic Knowledge about a Topic, and it also provides a historical Perspective on Trends and Opinions.

In any of the following Forums ...Global Forums
USA Forums
Canada Forums

... click on any Forum Category ...

Top left of the Page you will see an Option to create a --->

Enter the Name of the Thread in the Subject Line.

Subject

The Name of the Thread must reflect the Topic of your Message Post, as outlined in the Forum Posting Guidelines

Also, it must have a valid Topic for Discussion, not for Chatting, contacting People, Spamming, etc. per the Forum Rules

You cannot make a New Thread nor post on the Forum for the first 72 Hours except in the Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help Category of registering a new Account.

You can only make up to 2 "New Threads" per Day.

Before making a new Thread, search for an existing one on the same Subject or Topic.

Search Instructions --->Thread Search

Redundant Threads will be deleted.

Related Links:Forums: Redundant Threads/Archival Value
Forums: Posting Problems
Forums: Posting of Links "Only" or Copyright Sources
Forums: WTF? Where is my Thread?
Forums: Why not delete Posts instead of Thread?
Forums: Redundant Threads - Crackdown
Forums: User Votes wrongly delete Threads
Forums: Excessive Reporting
Forums: False Reporting & Report Thread Abuse
Forums: How to prevent your Thread from being deleted
Profiles: Forum Post/Report Member Links Requirements
 guesswhoo
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/2/2008 6:12:42 AM
Hope you can help me, I had deleted my account and when I returned the name I used was taken, which is fine, so I've now registered a new name Guestwho and for some reason when I post it showed Guesswhoo??? can you help clear this up?
Thanks
 Sweet J-me Baby
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/2/2008 6:56:21 AM
Go to your Edit Profile page. Then look for this:
Edit More Registration Details like passwords HERE,

Delete 'o'. Mission accomplished.
 Ms Taken
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2008 10:34:46 AM

I've now registered a new name Guestwho and for some reason when I post it showed Guesswhoo?

Log out of the forum, clear your forum cookies and temporary internet files, then log into the forum again using your new name. Msg 2 in this thread explains what to do if you're not familiar with clearing cookies and temp files:

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts8364735.aspx

Admin needs to stop allowing user names to be used again if it's that easy to post as someone else. It must be a little disturbing for a woman who's here for the purposes of dating to be mistaken for a guy looking for intimate encounters.
 guesswhoo
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/2/2008 6:49:51 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, going through the edit part of my profile did not work as it has my correct name in there, neiter did the other, or as far as I know, when I post here lets hope it says Guestwho.
 guesswhoo
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/2/2008 6:50:22 PM
nope still shows Guesswhoo not Guestwho........... oh well !
 Julietsmirror
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Following up on your posts
Posted: 2/26/2010 11:05:29 PM
I tried to track my post from last night, and I know I have had more than one since I started doing this. For some reason, only one of my posts show up and of course my replies. I would really like to know what happened with my "lack of..." post from ask a guy. The guys were giving me some good advice.
 anniesea
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Following up on your posts
Posted: 2/27/2010 4:49:29 AM
When in any forum and logged in, click on the Mod Threads link to the right above the thread titles. You will then see a link to Deleted threads. Click on that and you can go through the pages to find your thread.

If yours was called Lack of... it was deleted by a mod, presumably because it has been asked many times before and therefore redundant, if you were getting replies that answered your question and not flaming / trolling.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > FAQ: How Do I Find My Forums or Posts