Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Has anyone else taken Apple cider vinegar & felt great?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 quiet/guy
Msg: 1
Has anyone else taken Apple cider vinegar & felt great?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I recently started taking apple cider vinegar. As a supplement and it has made a big difference in how I feel. I have more energy & just feel much better. It is packed with vitamin C. I read that Christerfer Columbious had it on his ships to battle scurvy for the sailors.
Anyone else takeing it ? Thanks Ken
 Dana Scully
Msg: 2
Has anyone else taken Apple cider vinegar & felt great?
Posted: 1/18/2007 4:16:48 AM
I don't take it but someone mentioned it to me the other day. I was sceptical so it's quite fortuitus that you should post this as I wouldn't mind and independent opinion.

Do you mind telling me what the benefits are purported to be and when you say its made a big difference to how you feel, could you elaborate.

The friend that recommended it to me said it was really good for digestive health, immune system and general energy levels.

Thanks.

1ofTHEbest
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/18/2007 9:26:02 AM
i have heard the same thing. that is it is good for the digestive system and therefore will help you to feel better in the long run. i heard only a teaspoon is needed, maybe 2-3 times per day, or even 1 teaspoon a day is good.
 quiet/guy
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/18/2007 10:49:20 AM
I personally take 2 table spoons full a day. I learned this from a book. If you wish to know the book email me. I dont think they allow me to post it here. I had another post on this subject that listed the book & it got deleted. Not sure just exactly why. apple cider vinager is soo good for many things from toe fungus (got rid of mine) to just about any ailment. It really has made a difference in my LIFE!!. The book also talks about water & the oxygen content of water. in parts per million. Distiled water has more than spring water. Hope any of this helps someone else feel better. Also sorry about my spelling, as you can seee im not the best Speeler"". I will be happy to talk to anyone that emails me. Have a happy & healthy LIFE.
Thanks all you POFers you guys are the best. Thanks Ken F

harmony2710
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2007 10:28:25 PM
Apple Cider Vinegar is a really good liver cleanser and stimulates fat metabolism ie removes a lot of digetive "sludge". It has great anti-fungal properties (thrush and athletes foot) because it contains acetic acid and enzymes which discourage the growth of fungal and bacteial spores....thats why it is used in pickling!

Flyers_Phan
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2007 10:38:39 PM
I've not tried apple cider vinegar, but when i have heartburn, i take a swig of white vinegar and it helps. Is there a big taste difference between the two?
 fuzzle
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/19/2007 7:32:00 AM
Someone that I worked with once told me that they took it daily and had not had a cold since they started taking it. So I thought I would give it a try and OMG!!!!!! It tastes horrible!!!!! I haven't been able to bring myself to touch it since.

Cayenne pepper is supposed to have many similar benefits and it comes in capsule form but I get heartburn from it. It is supposed to increase your energy and your metabolism, clean digestive system, boost immune system and I forget whatall else.
 quiet/guy
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/19/2007 6:32:17 PM
Dear Fuzzlie

You can try makeing a cider cocktail. you mix 2 table spoons of apple cider vinager with 8 oz of water & add 2 tabel spoons of organic honney mix well. it still is a little bitter but much easier to drink than a stright shot of just apple cider vinager 2 tabel spoons. I like to just mix the apple cider vin with like 12 oz of green tea. thats how I get it down.
The taste at any rate is not good. BUT Its worth the Health bennafits!!!

BEEE brave My friends Ken
 heyjazz
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/20/2007 6:00:33 AM
Yep...keep trying all that nonsense Kevin Trudeau has in his book...he is laughing all the way to the bank
 Babylonia
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/20/2007 7:24:58 AM

Yep...keep trying all that nonsense Kevin Trudeau has in his book...he is laughing all the way to the bank

Huh?

I had a friend lend me her book and I read 3 pages of it and gave it back, and I knew about apple cider vinegar, lemon, cayenne and slews of other natural remedies that are very helpful to the body - as is food. Do you not believe prunes and fibre help in constipation; that cranberry juice helps with UTIs; meat products provide protein our bodies need in order to rebuild; carbohydrate products provide energy for our bodies and is the food of choice for brain function; or that foods in general have components that aid in the support of our overall health? If you do not, then why eat well at all? Why not eat a***nic?

Also, why would Kevin Trudeau be laughing all the way to the bank when he doesn't even own the apple cider vinegar and/or cayenne pepper we buy? It doesn't make sense. You can buy both of these at your local grocer.

I mean, unless you do not believe foods are medicinal in nature at all, your comment is absurd.
 XmerlinX
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/20/2007 2:40:03 PM
I was told to take one shot of vinegar daily to help control blood pressure,it seemed to work.Could have been the feel good effect itself lowered the pressure.
 heyjazz
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/21/2007 4:58:52 AM

Also, why would Kevin Trudeau be laughing all the way to the bank when he doesn't even own the apple cider vinegar and/or cayenne pepper we buy? It doesn't make sense.

Kevin Trudeau has made millions upon millions of dollars selling nonsense and garbage. He has been sent to prison and fined again and again yet he continues to peddle his drivel. His latest book, which he says he only has out to "help" people, is just another example of his charlatan ways. If he wanted to "help" people his bood would be free.

I have no problem with eating well and the "medicinal" value of good food. I do however have serious problems with liars and thieves such as Kevin Trudeau getting richer off the naivete' of the public
 Random Entry
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2007 8:49:36 AM
I read a whole hardcover book on apple cider vinegar and honey (long before kevin trudeau ever had a book out, BTW) and tried it for awhile. At first it caused some extra gas but it seemed to work. Eventually I just stopped doing it though I don't think I had any reason why.
 quiet/guy
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/21/2007 9:23:53 AM
*** Thank you Random Entry *** I did the same thing!! I stopped for a while DONT know WHY. Now im back on it AND I FEEL GREAT!! What can I say<<<<. This thread is not about any book or person ITS ABOUT HOW you FEEL after taking Apple cider vinegar.
I still say I FEEL GREAT. Is it the Cider Not sure dont care I just feel GREAT<<<.
Thanks thats my 2 cents. KEN
 Babylonia
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/21/2007 9:35:31 AM

Kevin Trudeau has made millions upon millions of dollars selling nonsense and garbage. He has been sent to prison and fined again and again yet he continues to peddle his drivel. His latest book, which he says he only has out to "help" people, is just another example of his charlatan ways. If he wanted to "help" people his bood would be free.

I have no problem with eating well and the "medicinal" value of good food. I do however have serious problems with liars and thieves such as Kevin Trudeau getting richer off the naivete' of the public.

For the record, his book contained NOTHING by way of remedies. He isn't laughing to the bank because people erroneously think apple cider vinegar has positive effects on their health. He wasn't the one who outed apple cider vinegar's uses. He's a crock. So, I find it confusing why you'd put this in this thread about apple cider vinegar and other possible natural remedies, etc., because it looks as though you are laughing at the idea of apple cider vinegar being used as discussed in this thread, as if it is a snake oil invented by Trudeau. It wasn't.
 fuzzle
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/21/2007 11:47:44 AM
Thanks for the suggestions Ken.... don't know which would be the lesser of two evils... swallowing two teaspoons and getting it over with quickly - or torturing myself with a whole glass full of the taste....LOL

Don't know about the green tea idea either, not a very big fan of green tea in the first place, don't think the dishwater taste will do much to mask the ACV taste... but I will give it a try just cause you suggested it! Thank you!
 quiet/guy
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/21/2007 10:04:04 PM
dear fuzzle at least its a clean dishwater taste! bee careful you might get hooked on the green tea thing It is a very good detoxer. & with the two honey its not bad. could even add a dash of the cyan pep just for s**ts & giglels. theres that poty mouth agin.
Happy drinking ken
 Random Entry
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2007 11:13:32 PM
I should start doing it again. I've been juicing lots of oranges and grapefruits lately. Had two grapefruit and 4 oranges this AM. I fill my coffee mug with that.

About the taste if you get the right mixture of honey to ACV it is not so bad. In fact I find it a little like some of the oriental sweet and sour flavors. They also have a chrysanthemum sugared powder for drinking which is for good health.
 heyjazz
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/22/2007 5:04:16 AM
babylonia, I think there is some misunderstanding. I have no issues with cider vinegar or any other remedy mentioned. Someone earlier mentione Mr. Trudeau's book. My comment was solely based on this. His peddling of his book and other merchandise.
 quiet/guy
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/22/2007 1:48:01 PM
Hayjazz I almost agree with you on some of mr trudeaus views!! he is way over the top on hateing the FDA the USDA & any government org that is there to protect the people from anything harmfull. I invite & respect anyones view or opinion on any of my post. Thank you for your comments & sugestions. You seem like you know good Health. Thats really what I am all about seeking better HEALTH and Feeling better. Thanks Ken
 Babylonia
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/22/2007 5:24:27 PM

babylonia, I think there is some misunderstanding. I have no issues with cider vinegar or any other remedy mentioned. Someone earlier mentione Mr. Trudeau's book. My comment was solely based on this. His peddling of his book and other merchandise.

There must be, because I was thoroughly confused at your post!! I don't understand why someone would even recommend Trudeau's book; there was absolutely nothing of substance in it. It turned out to be a big volume of his conspiracy theories that the pharmaceutical companies were after him and the FDA was in collusion because he was messengering out the truth, uhm, yeah....as I said, I read three pages, and then asked my friend to give me the short version because it was boring and he wasn't telling me anything I didn't know about nutrition, and I wasn't interested in anything else he had to say.
 MusicMan0070
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/23/2007 11:35:08 PM
hey Sparken, good for you, this is a good step towards good health. I have been taking & making my own for years. I started with the Manchurian Mushroom Tea, and then thought that white sugar & black tea were not the best. My search led me to the Natural foods cookbook by Beatrice Trum Hunter. She teaches the way to make ACV same procces as MMT Another great book is ACV Health System by Paul & Patricia Bragg. Food for thought is why this is so good for you. Answer Enzymes, the link that modern processing is killing by cooking & pasteurizing. a good book on this would be The Missing Link to Radiant Health by Humbart Santillo. and if your into the whole feelin' better thing you might want to read the No Cook Book by John H. Tobe Hope your feeling great lasts! MM
 quiet/guy
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/24/2007 12:00:29 AM
** Cool thanks so much music man I wrote it all down The acv that i take is by Bragg & they have a great little book I think you just mentioned. thanks for all the great info everyone has given. I have become a forum Addict now so I will see ya in the forums.
Everyone have a Happy & Healthy Life.
 Blink07
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/27/2007 1:55:15 AM
I have taken a few apple martinis with Kettle1 and felt VERY great.
Does that count? Smart a-- in every crowd!
 Eliz_beth
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/28/2007 10:36:39 AM
I take two teaspoons of ACV mixed in a half glass of water with one to two teapoons of baking soda to relieve my acid indigestion and heartburn...works wonders...
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Has anyone else taken Apple cider vinegar & felt great?