Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > STD Risk: Oral Sex, Kissing, Hand jobs      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 krillbee
Msg: 1
view profile
History
STD Risk: Oral Sex, Kissing, Hand jobsPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I know that STDs can be passed pretty easily through oral sex, but how easily? If I don't see any bumps or anything on her mouth/lips can I assume that she is safe? (I have no diseases)

If STDs can be passed through oral sex then they probably can through kissing too, right? how easily?

And are hand jobs much safer than oral? how risky are handjobs for catching STDs?

If you had to rank oral sex, kissing, and hand jobs, in order of most dangerous to least dangerous, what order would that be?
 millwrightpaul
Msg: 2
STD Risk: Oral Sex, Kissing, Hand jobs
Posted: 1/21/2007 4:35:21 PM
actually std's cant be passed through oral sex ...well not all. certain types of herpes can be, but not gonerhea or syphallis, these cannot survive in the mouth. aids can be, only if you have open sores in the mouth or bleeding gums,etc.
obviously you are safest with handjobs, but again any open skin areas negate that level of safety.
if you practice good oral hygiene, you will be fairly safe with sticking to oral sex..

hope this has helped
 prolibertate
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2007 5:03:34 PM
OP, use Google and do some searching on the subject...you'll get much better information from that than from here. it's not always easy to know if someone has herpes, as some don't show symptoms, and they casn also shed and pass the dioeseas with no rash/bumps present. also, one can have a cold sore on their lip and pass it on to the genitals and vice versa. Lastly, hand jobs can pass things if one has an open cut on their hands. There are a he|| of a lot more STDs than you or the other poster mentioned; one of the worst is chlamydia, which has no symptoms and can render a woman infertile. If you're going to have any form of sex, practise it safely, and that includes oral sex...there are things you can use to do that safely...but first you need to get educated on the subject.
 millwrightpaul
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/21/2007 6:19:12 PM
that is absolutely true, however there just wasnt enough time to go forever on the subject...your advice to research the subject is the best.

however just a correction regarding herpes...a coldsore is herpes simplex one, it does nt pass on and become genital herpes...these are two distinct and seperate viruses.
 Recycled-Chaos
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/21/2007 6:30:32 PM
I just recently went through a barrage of blood tests on EVERYTHING connected to anytype of disease, i wasn't worried about it, it is a new year and i just wanted to know if i was a carriere of things. Nope, i am spotless and have decided to actually put the test results from my doc in my wallet (ya, i know, abit odd..lol) that i'm clean. My suggestion is, go have yourself checked out, for the amount of time it takes is nothing compared to what may happen to your life..
 prolibertate
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2007 6:33:58 PM
mill, I didn't say it became simplex two...but one can pass simplex one (cold sores) to the genitals and simplex two (genital herpes) to the mouth...the virus stays the same simplex form whereever it gets transmitted, but it's still unpleasant wherever one has it and whichever one they have. Both come from the same virus, which also includes the chicken pox virus and a number of others in the same family. See what research can teach one? ;) I'[ve always thought it's better to be safe (and knowledgeable) than sorry.

As for the post abot testing, be aware that not all tests are 100% correct, especially some of the blood tests for things liek herpes. the only definite way to know if one has herpes is to have a test of the breakout when they have a breakout. Blood tests are not conclusive.

Here's a few links to get the OP started:

http://www.webmd.com/hw/genital_herpes/hw264763.asp

http://www.herpesdiagnosis.com/diagnose.html

http://familydoctor.org/165.xml

http://www.epigee.org/health/std_testing.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STD_testing

http://www.4woman.gov/faq/stdsgen.htm
 whodeletedme
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/21/2007 6:39:19 PM

however just a correction regarding herpes...a coldsore is herpes simplex one, it does nt pass on and become genital herpes...these are two distinct and seperate viruses.

that may be a comment that is a bit misleading ....

HERPES simplex ONE can INDEED be transferred to the genital area .Genital herpes is caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). There are two types: HSV-1 and HSV-2. Most genital herpes infections are caused by HSV-2. HSV-1 is the usual cause of what most people call "fever blisters" in and around the mouth and can be transmitted from person to person through kissing. Less often,( but it CAN HAPPEN) HSV-1 can cause genital herpes infections through oral sexual contact. The genital sores caused by either virus look the same.

Play safely.
 millwrightpaul
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/21/2007 6:40:06 PM
proliberate...while i agree that this is true in theory, you also need to have active sores for this to happen. and while it is possible it is unlikely because the herpes virus while very virulent in its preferred habitat it does not do well outside of it.
but i do agree oral sex with someone that has an active outbreak is not a good idea
yes i do research too
 Cinemacatchick
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/21/2007 7:05:02 PM
confused yet krillbee?
 I love hockey
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/21/2007 9:12:13 PM
Oh pahleeze!
No, you cannot get cooties from a hand job!
But yes, through oral they can.
And no to the kissing one.
I'm sorry, but you're how old and still know nothing about facking, etc?
Dont be dipping your sausage in anything human until you know your stuff.
 krillbee
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2007 10:38:19 PM

confused yet krillbee?

yes, very hahaha. i went online and read a lot of stuff, and i know that if someone has an open sore that's bad, but if i gather it right, it sounds like even if they dont have open sores on their mouth, the girl can still pass it on to the man through fellatio, right?
I've read a lot of stuff and see conflicting answers and things.

Oh pahleeze!
No, you cannot get cooties from a hand job!
But yes, through oral they can.
And no to the kissing one.
I'm sorry, but you're how old and still know nothing about facking, etc?
Dont be dipping your sausage in anything human until you know your stuff.

im 22, but ive never had sex or anything close to it before, but i want to be ready for it when it does happen.
 judythecuety
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2007 11:24:08 PM
uuugh Mill.

You mean He can't get it from a bj..She can..He could have something and not know and give it to her..( I am assuming someone cares about whether she lives or dies,,of course)
And she can get it even if shehas no open sores,,gum problems.

It is possible for herpes to be spread even when there is a minumscule sore..(it is even just at the point where the person feels a tingle there)

Unless you are monogomous and have both been tested it's best to always use a condom whenever saliva is involved.

You can't get aids form kissing..or HJ's.

prolibertate
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2007 6:05:14 AM
mill...you need to so a little more research ;) As men are built differently than women, they can have an outbreak inside the shaft and not know it...and pass it on. Also, one doesn't need an active sore to pass it on...those studying this virus believe that one can 'shed' the virus even without an active outbreak and pass it on...one reason it's become so prevalent. Also, this shedding is one reason a pregnant woman has to be very careful, especially if she's recently had an outbreak prior to giving birth.
 fluffygal24824
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/22/2007 7:24:23 AM
you can get std's through kissing but its very rare since most ppl r doing oral and stuff.... even though there is no bumps or anything doesnt always mean that they dont have anything...... cause sometimes it takes days maybe even months for the physical stuff to show. handjobs r not as risky..... and if i have to rank them it would be oral,kissing,handjob.

ive been through some pretty deep stuff...... i went and stayed a weekend with this guy i used to date and after the weekend was up and i came home he called and told me the thought he had gonerrea! *screams* i cried for the whole night and the next day i went and go checked and i didnt have it..... that was just from oral..... and ill be honest ive only had sex once my whole life.... but i do my research..... gl.........
 millwrightpaul
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/22/2007 7:48:30 AM
proliberate...i am a man, and i know we are built differently. if there is an outbreak in the shaft, you may not see the sores, i agree, but you will feel the incredible burning when you urinate and you will see the bloody discharge from the end of the penis. both symptoms that would say something is not right. as for the shedding of the disease, i did read about that, and it is only a theory at this time and has not been substantiated...but definately worth caution, i agree.

judy, judy, judy...the hiv virus passes through any open wounds quite handily whether they be on the hand or in the mouth. so, if the girl has a cut or abrasion on her hand or if either party has bleeding gums or cankers, etc. it most certainly can be passed through kissing and oral.

i love spirited discussions.
 rubyred6301
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/22/2007 9:52:00 AM
deepblueyes,

good for you. If everyone would take the time to get tested and carry those results around with them there wouldnt be so many people playing russian roulette with their lives. I hope the ladies you date appreciate you.
 Guardian_Of_Gaea
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/22/2007 10:53:12 AM
^^^

That's something I can only say one thing to:

I agree, I think I oughta do that myself...

Good idea, and definitely worth the time and effort, in my opinion.

~ David

PS: Does it cost anything to be checked for STD's? I never found out...
 Guardian_Of_Gaea
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/22/2007 10:53:25 AM
I hate this site... I really do sometimes...

DP
 ~Brook~
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/22/2007 10:59:33 AM
awww no you don't you love us lol

and no it does not cost money to get tested, at least not here in calgary
 judythecuety
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2007 12:17:41 PM
judy, judy, judy...the hiv virus passes through any open wounds quite handily whether they be on the hand or in the mouth. so, if the girl has a cut or abrasion on her hand or if either party has bleeding gums or cankers, etc. it most certainly can be passed through kissing and oral.

Hi Mill..
speaking Solely about kissing..( I mean people doing that and nothng else ) My sis works with the cdc ..there has never been a case of aids transmission to date,,even including "making out". Herpes is another story..Just to clarify..I didn;t say it could not be passed by sores/cuts..I said it can be passed Even If there are no sores or cuts ..Particularly thru oral sex...

To other poster ..eek. I may get flamed for this! I would want to know what if anything you'd been up to since the test and I might even give me more pause that someone was so "ready for action" they are carrying around proof they're ok..I dunno..if other women would see it this way. Not saying it is 'wrong" mind you.
 krillbee
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2007 12:46:34 PM
for the record, i know i dont have any stds because i havent done anything sexual before. So if she has an std and gives me oral, what are the odds I'll contract it?
 mystlw
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2007 1:47:32 PM
I may get flamed for this! I would want to know what if anything you'd been up to since the test and I might even give me more pause that someone was so "ready for action" they are carrying around proof they're ok..I dunno..if other women would see it this way. Not saying it is 'wrong" mind you.

No, it's not just you. The part of my brain in charge of paranoia and suspicion would assume that any man carrying around his test results would be looking at it as a Golden Ticket.

So if she has an std and gives me oral, what are the odds I'll contract it?

Those chances are miniscule. It would take an open wound on both her mouth and your penis, and still it's a very minute possibility.
 millwrightpaul
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/22/2007 3:37:22 PM
judy;

speaking solely about kissing...

might not be a documented case, i dont know, but in order to be a documented case there must be irrefutable evidence that it was contracted that way. so i tend to believe their are suspect cases which do not get documented. i am not willing to take that chance with someone with hiv and open sores in the mouth, and i would venture to say neither would you.

i apologize if my assumption is wrong but i dont think it is.
 stangsnthangs
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/22/2007 3:41:05 PM
http://www.westoverheights.com/freebooktext.html

Here you go people. This will take you to all the information you could ever want to know about herpes and genital warts.

millwrightpaul, you are dead wrong! Cold Sore + Oral Sex = Genital Herpes

Hey, don't take my word for it, go to the site I put at the top of this post.
 rubyred6301
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/22/2007 4:44:43 PM
Hardly a golden ticket, to me someone who is showing some responsibility. If I was on a first date and he whipped test results out I would be a little freaked but going into a sexual relationship I would know that he took the time to get tested and would be willing to do it again. OP: If you are a virgin go see your doctor about the hpv vaccine, I just got my daughter vaccinated for it and she will never have to worry about it.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > STD Risk: Oral Sex, Kissing, Hand jobs