Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What does NO BAGGAGE mean?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GeorgieLeopard
Msg: 1
What does NO BAGGAGE mean?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I read time and again through the ads and note men are looking for women with no baggage... does this mean no children? Or, does it mean she lived in a bubble and was never bruised once by life in a way that helped form who she is today in a possitive way? I really have to wonder when I read that statement just what they really mean.
 GMCAcadia
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What does NO BAGGAGE mean?
Posted: 4/9/2005 4:09:14 PM
I think Baggage means a couple of things... Children is always one, but there is the Emotional Drama Queen Baggage as well...

Other than those 2 things, I can't think of any other kind of baggage, except maybe Financial Ruined Baggage...
 electricspatula
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/9/2005 4:11:15 PM
For me, if you're bruised and it affects you in a negative way, that's baggage. If you're bruised, and heal, and it affects you in a positive way, it's growth.
 Shugo
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/9/2005 4:12:45 PM
Baggage basically means somthing that is slowing you down in a way, it can be used in alot of ways.I think smitten below me used it the right way when decribing no baggage in realtionships.
 smitten2meetu
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/9/2005 4:14:33 PM
Dealing with "your stuff" and sending it on the next available plane somewhere...

No Baggage means...Not having any issue's and wants the same...no dramatics, headaches, former partners, emotional, financial, personal, issues and wants the same back...
 RitzNB
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/9/2005 4:18:47 PM
It's means letting go of the past. Healing those wounds in order to come into a new relationship with a clean slate. Baggage also refers to kids, the ex's .....
 a37064
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/9/2005 4:20:46 PM
No baggage is impossible unless you are Mother Theresa. It is how one deals with the baggage. Over and over I've met women who haven't dealt with the baggage. Emotionally, they are unable to handle a relationship of any kind. A committment is out of the question. They are so fearful of getting hurt that they are afraid to allow a relationship to develop naturally.

I dated a woman who was very compatible. We dated a couple of times and went to a park that was secluded, got out and opened the tail gate. We kissed and she pressed hard against me. We both got turned on, but nothing else happened. The next day she is having all the emotions from molestation surface and can't see me again.

Why was she dating if she was such an emotional cripple that she got upset over some physical affection? (If she were on this site, I wouldn't post this.) I'm not sure if I know what "no baggage" is, but I do know what baggage is.

T
 GeorgieLeopard
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/9/2005 6:16:12 PM
Everyone has a past and past experiences. If they cripple you I see that as unhealthy baggage, but if it were not for many of the experiences I've gone through in life, I wouldn't be who I am today--Guess what? I like me today! Better yet, I respect who I am as well.
 justaguy13
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/9/2005 6:26:30 PM
I want someone who has baggage and keeps it neatly packed away in a sturdy Luis Vuiton. They can rummage through it once in a while when they need it to but I don't want it falling apart in the lobby of the airport. If they have baggage, it means they lived life and learned lessons the hard way.

I think that a more appropriate term to use would be that they are looking for someone "with no outstanding emotional issues that prevent them from being available or focussed on the future".
 nick23
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/9/2005 6:32:41 PM
to me no bagage means some1 that never had a drug, alcoho,l smokeing problem or ben too promiscuous. their's alot of healf an moral rezons why i don't wona get invulved with some1 like that
 abyssdc1
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2005 6:46:20 PM
Someone that has lived on an alterante plane of existence and has had no contact with anyone. Ha, good luck.
 justaguy13
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/9/2005 6:58:53 PM
smoking is baggage? Filthy habit MAYBE.....but baggage??
 always_striving
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/9/2005 7:32:43 PM
Going along with some of the things mentioned above, I feel it is the reluctance to do things with me which happen to interest me based on her previous experience or some event which has tainted her view. It is not a starting off on a good foot when you are trying to get something going and you are already having to dodge and hurdle around your partners feelings or emotions it is just better to find another partner with similar interests. I want to be accepted and respected for standing my ground.

C
 poeticdreamer
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/9/2005 7:44:26 PM
dose that mean there looking for a new born child? how can you live life and have none of those things?
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2005 7:52:11 PM
People that are living in , and living for, the moment.

Most people spend their time living for the future, or in the past.

The former you cannot be assured of having, the latter you cannot change in any way.

Yes, life alters you. We are wiser , and stronger if we react to even those bad things in a positive manner. We are crippled and in chains if we don't.

EIther that, or he plans flying a lot with you , and wants to minimize the extra cost.
 smitten2meetu
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/9/2005 7:56:08 PM
Having baggage isn't a bad thing, it makes up who you are today. Its how others have dealt with their pass issue, when they say ..."NO BAGGAGE" Everyone has a pass, if someone can't deal with it, its their problem.
 bitiz
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/9/2005 7:59:19 PM
Baggage is insecurities from someones past relationship/s which they have dragged along for the ride..Id say its more mental/emotional!Things they struggle 2 let go of..may have been broken hearted or mistreated and instead of moving on thats all they wanna talk about 2 some1 new..
So if ya got baggage u aint ready 2 move on

strange0879
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/9/2005 8:58:07 PM
no baggage = no regrets = emotionally stable = head screwed on straight. ( my view of it anyway)
 aliveinndg
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/10/2005 6:37:50 AM
i agree with the posters here: no baggage is that you dealt with whatever hurt you in the past. for me i won't date someone who is fresh out of a relationship (that's baggage i can't handle)... i tell them to bounce somewhere else. but i do prefer people who'v had a past... experimented with life... got kicked around by life every now and then but survived...
 knightrd
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/10/2005 6:44:13 AM
Not everybody has baggage, but what I think someone is trying to convey by "no baggage" is that they want someone who knows what it means to leave the past in the past.

I've gone out with a lot of people who can't let go of their past hurts. It's hard being judged for someone else's fsckups. It's hard being into someone that isn't capable of being in a real relationship.
 bitiz
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/10/2005 7:21:14 AM
I think there should b an agony aunt page What u all think?please say u know what im talking about LOL..

GeorgieLeopard
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/10/2005 7:30:03 AM
I once met a guy, a few years ago, whose mission in life was to make all women pay for what his ex took him for in the divorce. His primary objective was to find out my credit rating. When I asked why, he informed me because he'd have control of all credit cards and would run it up to the hilt, then explained what his ex did to him.

That to me is baggage.
 justaguy13
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/10/2005 8:08:20 AM
Thats just FUBAR, I can't wrap my mind around a guy actually thinking that let alone saying it!
 twitchy
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/10/2005 9:11:26 AM

I want someone who has baggage and keeps it neatly packed away in a sturdy Luis Vuiton. They can rummage through it once in a while when they need it to but I don't want it falling apart in the lobby of the airport. If they have baggage, it means they lived life and learned lessons the hard way.

have you copyrighted this ^^^? if so, i'm willing to pay royalties to use it in its exact form.

fantastically put, justaguy
 keep it simple
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2005 4:31:51 AM
I ask the same question. I know that a LOT of people my age seem to be hanging onto their ex spouses especially if they have children. They are denying themselves a real future with someone who may be willing to UNPACK that old "baggage" and start a new BETTER life. Those are the one's that expect you not to have any "baggage" because they know how debilitating it is to a new relationship and probably think if THEY have it EVERYONE has it. They need to GO FORWARD!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What does NO BAGGAGE mean?