Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Meth addicts drink urine to "get high"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 blady
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Meth addicts drink urine to "get high"Page 1 of 1    
Some Meth Addicts Turn to Urine to Get High
Saturday , February 03, 2007

Some hard-core methamphetamine addicts will do anything to get high, including collecting and drinking the urine of other users.

Police in New Mexico recently discovered meth users running "urine extraction" labs, reported Minnesota's news station WCCO.

The first indication of the new trend came when deputies opened up a smelly rented storage locker where they found 50 1-gallon jugs of urine. Police told the owners to throw away the contents, which made them physically ill.

A week later, Narcotics Sgt. Becky Howell received the report on the incident.

"I said, 'Oh my gosh, this is a meth lab. This is a urine extraction lab,'" Howell told WCCO.

It's the newest way to access meth. Some users drink the meth-tainted urine to get high while others use the cooking process to filter the drug back out.

"I'm not 100 percent sure what this guy was doing," Howell said. "Five years ago, I probably would have been surprised at that. But now, knowing and understanding methamphetamine and an addict's addiction to it, it doesn't surprise me."

In December Gov. Tim Pawlenty appointed Chuck Noerenberg to a new meth coordinator position. Noerenberg's job is to figure out where the state stands on meth and where Minnesota has to go.

"We have the foundation in place but we still have a very serious problem in Minnesota," he said, pointing out that 80 percent of meth in the state is imported from Mexico.

While the state has made great progress in combating homegrown meth, no one in government, law enforcement or even on the streets expects the drug to go away soon.

"We still have a ways to go," Howell said.
 e-wok
Msg: 2
Meth addicts drink urine to get high
Posted: 2/5/2007 6:15:35 PM
They should use the footage to show the kids in school what to
expect in their own lives if they search for easy answers or
what appears to be an easy escape from reality....but I know that
some people are beyond reach.
 Eric-s Smokin Hottie
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/5/2007 6:35:58 PM
Meth users have a ninety percent chance of being hooked by their second time using (stat from Calgary Drug cops and RCMP), so this doesn't surprise me at all that they are going to these lengths to get their high.

What surprises me, is I am in agreement with ewok! Take video footage and show it in the classrooms. Youth tend to respond to extreme visuals. Scare the crap out of them and hope they never touch the stuff!
 bolotye
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/5/2007 7:22:57 PM
Horrible Horrible Horrible drug.

I know of one person who is dear to me who is dying from HIV given his bad judgement while high on meth.

Altho his HIV is fairly new, his drug use is so profound that he has deteriorated rapidly.

This poem is a good representation of this drug, worth the read.

http://www.mappsd.org/Poem.htm
 Eric-s Smokin Hottie
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/5/2007 10:18:18 PM
I spoke to an expert on this who I have interviewed in the past after reading this. Apparently, this is nothing new to law enforcement. This person went on to tell me something just as, if not even more grotesque.

Meth crysatllizes under the skin surface which is why a meth user is always scratching. They're always itchy and they develop sores that scab over. I was told that they will eat the scabs or smoke them to get their high!

Now, that's rock bottom!
 blady
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2007 9:36:03 AM
I wonder if other addicts do this too, such as heroin, cocaine, and crack users.
 ~*chan*~
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/7/2007 5:40:37 PM
uhm..... ewww?
 N0t FISHIN
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/7/2007 5:43:48 PM
that is so dam sick! not to mention dangerous for so many reasons.
what is wrong with people!??
 boisegoodbadboy
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/7/2007 5:48:03 PM
ive always said meth users were pissbrains.....

now the proof
 Chrysostom
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/7/2007 6:00:48 PM

I wonder if other addicts do this too, such as heroin, cocaine, and crack users

Blady, this has been going on since before 1000 BCE as attested in the Rg Veda, when the seers/priests would ingest the "soma" plant (probably the mushroom Amanita Muscaria) and later proceed to ritually drink their own urine - not once - but three times, as each stage of digestion was a "pressing." If the experience is fully analagous, then not only is re-ingesting the meth metabolite an effective way to get high again, but the body's natural filtration might produce an even more potent drug.

That said, why store it in bottles? Wouldn't it be prudent to boil down the raw material as much and as fast as possible?
 mungojoe
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/7/2007 6:37:45 PM
later proceed to ritually drink their own urine - not once - but three times, as each stage of digestion was a "pressing." If the experience is fully analagous, then not only is re-ingesting the meth metabolite an effective way to get high again, but the body's natural filtration might produce an even more potent drug.

The excreted product is rarely, if ever, more potent than the originally ingested substance. The main reason for this is that at least some fraction of the original substance is metabolized within the body into an inactive metabolite, what comes out the other end is always less than what went in.

An extraction process may provide a purer form of the active chemical but only because the extraction process will target the active substance and not the inactive components. However, as before, the actual quantity is less than what would be obtained by extracting from the original source (i.e. you will get more ibotenic acid and muscimol from the mushroom than you will get from the user's urine).

I wonder if other addicts do this too, such as heroin, cocaine, and crack users.

The process described will work to one degree or another with any substance that can be detected in either it's active form or by active metabolite in the urine. It won't work with substances that can only be detected by their inactive metabolites.
 blady
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2007 11:08:24 AM

Blady, this has been going on since before 1000 BCE as attested in the Rg Veda, when the seers/priests would ingest the "soma" plant (probably the mushroom Amanita Muscaria) and later proceed to ritually drink their own urine - not once - but three times, as each stage of digestion was a "pressing." If the experience is fully analagous, then not only is re-ingesting the meth metabolite an effective way to get high again, but the body's natural filtration might produce an even more potent drug.

That said, why store it in bottles? Wouldn't it be prudent to boil down the raw material as much and as fast as possible

@Chrysotom; I do believe the article alludes to the fact that ,indeed that urine is boiled down to crystallization for smoking as well as being used in a liquid form for drinking. Maybe some addicts are to impatients to wait for the boiling down process to take place.Gives a new meaning to the "cocktail hour" doesn't it?
I will continue to drink Southern Comfort ..my drug of choice , that's enough for me!!!
 blady
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2007 11:09:08 AM

That said, why store it in bottles? Wouldn't it be prudent to boil down the raw material as much and as fast as possible

@Chrysotom; I do believe the article alludes to the fact that ,indeed that urine is boiled down to crystallization for smoking as well as being used in a liquid form for drinking. Maybe some addicts are to impatient to wait for the boiling down process to take place.Gives a new meaning to the "cocktail hour" doesn't it?
I will continue to drink Southern Comfort ..my drug of choice , that's enough for me!!!
 betterlate
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2007 10:46:38 PM
I saw that too, it stated that a large portion of the drug is washed out in the urine and can be recaptured, yuk!! Last year Barbara Walters tasted Monk urine on tv, on the view...some people pay big money to get the first morning urine of these pure, young monks and they drink it for some preceived benefit, that is just as crazy to me. There are so many crack kitchens being shut down in and around the midwest that addicts are trying anything to keep the high going, it is a terrible drug and I think the most impressive anti drug ads were the ones showing the before meth and after meth photos... showing really good looking people before and horrible monstors after word, no teeth, zits, greezy hair, urp, I threw up a little...

SAY NO to DRUGS!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Meth addicts drink urine to "get high"