Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Fishing      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 crazzyjunior
Msg: 1
FishingPage 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Just how many people on here like fishing (as in with a hook and line) and how many women do? The reason I'm asking is I'm trying to gauge whether it'd be worth trying to set up some sort of fishing type POF meeting this summer. So if you have an opinion on this subject lets hear it.
 Ruby 2 Shoes
Msg: 2
Fishing
Posted: 2/7/2007 5:23:22 PM
Well I like to fish in the real world, and in a real Lake too. I hope you find some who would enjoy going out Jr. Been years since I've gone fishing but who knows??
 primadonna5
Msg: 3
Fishing
Posted: 2/7/2007 11:43:37 PM
We talking boat charter(s)? off the side of a pier??? I like the middle part - catching...but please don't ask me to bait the hook or remove the fish!
 Leeanne
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Fishing
Posted: 2/8/2007 6:25:35 AM
I love to fish - my fiance and I were considering a fishing event this year!! I love any type of fishing - it's all kinda fun!!!! The worms are not really my bag though!!! I guess everyone will need a licence then if there is something planned!!!!
 Sweetnessc
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Fishing
Posted: 2/8/2007 6:37:42 AM
Believe it or not, I have never gone fishing!
If I did I was probably a child, but I think I would recall it.

I guess I dont get out much LOL

I would love to try it out, I think it would be lots of fun!
 RoseBoots
Msg: 6
Fishing
Posted: 2/8/2007 6:38:08 AM
I love fishing, although, it's been years since the last time.
 JeepRennie
Msg: 7
Fishing
Posted: 2/8/2007 6:40:19 AM
Just hook and line? No trawlers or anything?? Fishing days can be fun with the right group.
 prof_chaos
Msg: 8
Fishing
Posted: 2/8/2007 6:41:06 AM

Just how many people on here like fishing (as in with a hook and line) and how many women do? The reason I'm asking is I'm trying to gauge whether it'd be worth trying to set up some sort of fishing type POF meeting this summer. So if you have an opinion on this subject lets hear it

Id love to do something like that ,I love fishing too and havnt gone in a looooooong time.
 Darkash
Msg: 9
Fishing
Posted: 2/8/2007 7:12:34 AM
sounds like a good idea ,at least i could take the fish hooks out of my eyes from when american Idol was on ...they are starting to hurt just a little ........
 KatzzMeow
Msg: 10
Fishing
Posted: 2/8/2007 7:15:14 AM
Are you kidding me love fishing and camping....I"m in.
I even have extra fishing poles for those that dont' have their own.
I say set it up!!
 lovejr
Msg: 11
Fishing
Posted: 2/8/2007 7:54:24 AM
awesome idea crazzyjunior......

As Kattz said....SET IT UP..... you will get tons of people to come.

I've been fishing since I was a little girl and take my kids now....yep...I'll even put my own bait on.....lol
 KatzzMeow
Msg: 12
Fishing
Posted: 2/8/2007 7:56:35 AM

I've been fishing since I was a little girl and take my kids now....yep...I'll even put my own bait on.....lol

So do I and can even put my own tackel on. Been a couple of years but it's like riding a bike once you've learnt you never forget.
 womanandmom
Msg: 13
Fishing
Posted: 2/8/2007 8:40:18 AM
I don't mind fishing, as long as the fish are ultimately biting, lol. Fished off the shore on the Manitoulin this past summer and we fried up our catch right then and there. Even gutting and skinning the babes wasn't too bad! I've got a license, and rods and tackle and rubber lures. I have to get myself a good filetting knife though.

Would love to fish off a boat. Nothing like the fresh air in the middle of a lake! :)
 Ruby 2 Shoes
Msg: 14
Fishing
Posted: 2/8/2007 8:44:07 AM
Well girlys I can put my own worm on if I want and as for removing the fish.....you just need a pair of needle nose pliers and it ain't so hard. I'm not a fish cleaner though, but I sure can cook em! Geez I have done Lake fishing and channel fishing and stream fishing. Always been very curious on fly-fishing as well. Do you know that when the Salmon come into the streams off Pt. Stanley you can actually walk into the water and throw them onto the shore??? We done that one a lot over the years and had many good BBQ's that way.

When you live on Lake Erie shore front for 35 years, you soon leave to fish.
 JeepRennie
Msg: 15
Fishing
Posted: 2/8/2007 8:54:54 AM

Do you know that when the Salmon come into the streams off Pt. Stanley you can actually walk into the water and throw them onto the shore???
I remember way back in ancient history when you could go to a smelt run off the Lake Ontario beaches in Burlington and do the same thing... and the things were actually edible!!
Last time I went fishing up French River way, the fishing was still fun, but the fish didn't seem too abundant. Fishing is definitely a sport of patience!!
 Darkash
Msg: 16
Fishing
Posted: 2/8/2007 9:00:29 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun indeed ....been along time since i dipped my rod in anything ....
 Alva-Musicman
Msg: 17
Fishing
Posted: 2/8/2007 9:24:40 AM
LMAO ancient history, smelt fishing.I remember as a kid going to lake Huron fishing for them.Now i go for rainbow trout salmon pike speckled trout brown trout lake trout.Remember folks when the wind is from the west the fish bite best,when the wind is from the east the fish bite least!!My dad taught me that and its true. Speaking of all this fishing i need to find my rod and reel and have it ready for the last saturday of april.Its trout season unlike here fishing season is open year around.
 mystrygal
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Fishing
Posted: 2/8/2007 9:29:33 AM
I like fishing and even bait my own hook and will take the fish off also...

just dont ask me to clean it lol leave that job for someone else...

I usually only keep enough for a few meals other then that it

catch and release......fishing when where huh.....cant wait lol...
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Fishing
Posted: 2/8/2007 9:31:58 AM
I have at least 13 rod and reel combos that I use regularly. another 5 - 8 my father has, plus tackle coming out of my ying yang for everything from Crappie and Yellow Perch to Chinooks, Northerns, and Giant Catfish.

It would be a fun idea to put an event together like this. Especially if we can hold it during a good run of fish where shore anglers can access them as well.
 0rgan donor
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Fishing
Posted: 2/8/2007 9:33:02 AM
slimy worms and fish, sharp hooks, cleaning the fish/throwing it back anyway.... uh i think there's better ways to enjoy a sunny day on a boat. i'd rather just smoke bots and listen to a jays game
 Kitkat45
Msg: 21
Fishing
Posted: 2/8/2007 9:33:51 AM
We used to do the smelt run at midnite at Port Stanley many many moons ago...Oops, showing my age here!
I have fly fished and caught a 4lb small mouth bass. Have also fished for pickeral, perch. Hardest fishing is for Lake Trout though....all that jiggin!!!

So OP? Looks like you have the answer you were looking for! This fish love to fish!!
 KatzzMeow
Msg: 22
Fishing
Posted: 2/8/2007 9:34:55 AM
Mentioning Salmon coming into the streams reminds me of a place called GoldStream Park.
Very much a sight to see if you ever get out to BC. Kinda sad actually.

Fishing in the Ocean is the best!! Man those fish can put up one h*ll of a fight.
 Darkash
Msg: 23
Fishing
Posted: 2/8/2007 9:36:52 AM
If anyone need help with baiting there hooks ....just ask as i am a master baiter .......UH HUH...
 MoXieMinX
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Fishing
Posted: 2/8/2007 10:12:34 AM
I love fishing but haven't done it for several years. Love to watch the mist rise up in the early mornings, the serenity, the odd bird call, sitting quietly at the pier. I don't get grossed out by touching leeches or worms.
 lovejr
Msg: 25
Fishing
Posted: 2/8/2007 10:31:16 AM
Some of my favourite childhood memories are of me and my dad sitting out in the boat for hours fishing....no sister in site....lol

Oh yeah...and the time my mom was with us and she caught a big one and got so excited ...lets just say she was a little loud......a voice came from a nearby island yelling "hey lady shut up" ... well that made it worse cause everyone around, us and other boats then started laughing too.

awwww....memories
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Fishing