Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > indian women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 diamond hunter
Msg: 1
view profile
History
indian womenPage 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Not to many indian women date white guys, anyone want to shed a little light on this one for me?? i have some of my own idea's but i would really like to hear from some indian women..
 diamond hunter
Msg: 2
view profile
History
indian women
Posted: 4/13/2005 12:26:43 PM
like i said it's hard to get any input here'
 bromly
Msg: 3
indian women
Posted: 4/13/2005 12:39:30 PM
well your being really general and biased, maybe its just in your experiences indian women don't date white guys, but I Have seen tons of it.
 JessKO
Msg: 4
view profile
History
indian women
Posted: 4/13/2005 12:40:16 PM
I know an indian woman who ONLY dates white guys.
 Singlemaltgirl
Msg: 5
view profile
History
indian women
Posted: 4/13/2005 2:03:57 PM
well, i only date non-indian guys. and i'm indian....

i have been called the worst kind of racist...by indian men, b/c i choose not the date them....even though my preference is based on cultural behaviour and norms that i know of and have experienced firsthand and am not interested in being a part of. i engage, associate and do business with indian people...i just don't date them. oh well, a racist i must be....

out of curiousity, why do you ask?
 diamond hunter
Msg: 6
view profile
History
indian women
Posted: 4/13/2005 3:29:19 PM
Hey singlemaltgirl, thanks for your reply, i had a friend who dated an indian girl and they wre an awesome pair! her brothers wee'nt to big on him or me though and trust me we felt it,lol No hard feelings here but i can see the pressure these women get from familly. big meenies,lol
 dasubergrok
Msg: 7
view profile
History
indian women
Posted: 4/13/2005 3:33:35 PM
While living in a city with a large Indian population I became fascinated with the culture, food, and hinduism. After a short period I fell into a realtionship with a wonderfull and loving indian woman-- which unfortunatly didn't last. Rascism is alive and well in all cultures.

To answer your question: I do think Indian women will date white men, but not all women and not all white men. If you would like to date Indian women, try immersing yourself in their culture, make friends, etc.... the same things you would do for a white woman.

Good Luck,

Rettam
Msg: 8
view profile
History
indian women
Posted: 4/13/2005 3:48:02 PM
A little insight, but not an answer. Asian women & men somtimes don't date Caucasians because they know down the road the family will disapprove (present company not included I adore Caucasian women.... must have something to do with being born here...).

In some East Indian family Circles, it's very strongly disapproved.
 Ultrapig
Msg: 9
indian women
Posted: 4/13/2005 4:02:38 PM
In some East Indian family Circles, it's very strongly disapproved
That can apply to just about any ethnic or religious group. It's about being insular and conservative I think. The poster's friend's experience may have been more about that than about them being from India.
 Singlemaltgirl
Msg: 10
view profile
History
indian women
Posted: 4/13/2005 4:10:48 PM
grey has hit the button there...many indian families expect that their daughters will marry indian men - muslims, black, chinese, white are all frowned upon. so even though we may live in the west, many families still cling to old traditions - even so far as continuing to practice arranged marriages and trips to india to bring back appropriate brides/grooms.

i don't get along with any of my extended family as i felt they were too suffocating and controlling. it helps that my mother divorced my father when i was 18 so my father can't dictate what i do in my life. i'm not subservient, dependent or submissive. there's plenty i like about indian culture - the food, the clothes, some of the celebrations, etc. i'm fortunate enough to pick and choose to be a part of the stuff i like and ignore the stuff i don't.

....and damn beemer....a shame you live in vegas!
 DJiane84
Msg: 11
indian women
Posted: 4/13/2005 4:29:37 PM
Ive heard about situations in europe where women of pakistani descent were being murdered by pakistani men because they were dating outside there race, a so called "honor killing", dont know if that has any relevance over here in the US, but if i was a women of middle eastern descent, it would make me think twice about dating a white person thats for sure
 Singlemaltgirl
Msg: 12
view profile
History
indian women
Posted: 4/13/2005 4:46:50 PM
djiane
same thing has happened in canada - a really famous case recently in vancouver,bc actually where her uncles had her killed b/c she married a guy who her family didn't approve of. he was indian but not the right "indian". and the families don't take it out on the guys...the women get the punishment for going against the family.

indian guys just tend to keep their white gfs as mistresses and marry according to family custom. or they simply marry who they want but feel family pressure about brides who are not indian.
 DJiane84
Msg: 13
indian women
Posted: 4/13/2005 4:52:30 PM
I actually watched a really intersting documentary about indian men who come to the U.S for job training and such, more often then not it seems once there alone here, they went out of control, sleeping around like crazy. apparently its become almost a coming of age thing for indian men in america, see how many white women you can sleep with before they go back to india. Im not sure how accurate the movie was, but it was quite interesting to say the least
 abyssdc1
Msg: 14
view profile
History
indian women
Posted: 4/13/2005 6:19:52 PM
I went through the family problem thing, couldn`t really understand it though. I mean I treated her well, was kind, courteous of her religion and culture, did all I could to learn about it and even some of her language. Didn`t mean squat in her mothers eyes. Ahh, you live and learn.
 loghomesweet
Msg: 15
indian women
Posted: 4/13/2005 6:55:50 PM
hi my name is brian i would like to get to know you hope to here from you soon.
 DJiane84
Msg: 16
indian women
Posted: 4/13/2005 7:01:13 PM
o................k
 Jetplague
Msg: 17
indian women
Posted: 4/13/2005 7:04:52 PM
I would think it's a culture thing too, isn't it? Relatives trying to match up their kids with other family friends or their children of similar race...seems like that still goes on today in every country.
 abyssdc1
Msg: 18
view profile
History
indian women
Posted: 4/13/2005 7:31:41 PM
I hope to god that post was for singlemaltgirl
 diamond hunter
Msg: 19
view profile
History
indian women
Posted: 4/13/2005 7:35:36 PM
I agree but I think it is much more so in the indian culture, and far more serious for the women. We have allready head of murder here in canada and recent to, I can say i have familly that has experienced the same situation, some years back. it really has to stop somehow??
 Ultrapig
Msg: 20
indian women
Posted: 4/13/2005 7:46:19 PM
re: I dunno, maybe he's interested in me Some folks, Dey jess wants the pink curly tail
 Ultrapig
Msg: 21
indian women
Posted: 4/13/2005 7:48:53 PM
Iv'e heard of similarly awful things in renegade mormon cult sects. You're right though, what singlemalt describes is about as bad as it gets
 alienboy
Msg: 22
indian women
Posted: 4/13/2005 8:51:41 PM
That reminds me of an Indian girl I dated at school... man, she was amazing...

um... I'm sorry, what was the question again?
 Human Ills
Msg: 23
indian women
Posted: 4/13/2005 10:42:46 PM
If I were a dating person, I wouldn't mind dating an Indian woman. Some of them are extremely attractive.
 desire10
Msg: 24
indian women
Posted: 4/13/2005 11:06:54 PM
Let me dream come true.

If u free, please call.
 Rettam
Msg: 25
view profile
History
indian women
Posted: 4/14/2005 4:31:52 AM
Single Malt - Yeah I've heard a few stories that sounded like that case, but never went quite that far. You hear more about them in Vancouver because there's a good East Indian population here.

I think sometimes there's a difference about being conservative in general, and being part of a culture that has certain practices. In a sense, holding to one's traditions is a conservative idea, but the intensity of one's conservatism in general by no means corrolates to whether a family will frown on interracial dating. I think there's a big difference between adhereing strongly to own's traditions on the one hand, and and the other hand to come from traditions that have values that appear to the western world to be conservative.

Personally I've found many asian families to appear conservative to westerners, but really, if contrasted with the rest of their own culture, they're actually very liberal.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > indian women