Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is kissing more or less important to you in a relationship as you get      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BobbinAlong
Msg: 1
Is kissing more or less important to you in a relationship as you get older?Page 1 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
As you've gotten older, is kissing more or less important to you in a relationship? Do the kisses you receive from the opposite sex today seem to have the same passion, intensity and sensitivity as the kisses you remember from your teenage years?

I can remember kissing for hours in the back seat of some guys hot rod when I was a teenager. It never went "all the way" (well, it didn't for me anyway) but it was so incredibly sexy! I don't remember ever hearing a girl say "geez, he's a bad kisser" back then. Today, I hear it all the time (as well as think it!) Is that because we were all inexperienced teenagers then? And, now we've probably kissed dozens (hundreds?) and we're jaded by the experience? Does it just take more to satisfy us now that we've been there, done that so many many times? Is kissing enough any more? Or even all that important? Do the people you kiss today seem to consider kissing just a preliminary to the "good stuff?" Do you? What do you consider a "good kisser" and if your partner isn't, are you willing to offer suggestions or just shrug it off on your way to the 'goodies?' Ah so many questions, but in my humble opinion, SUCH an important subject.

The journey of a thousand tingles begins with just one kiss.

~Bobbin
 moonflwrs
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Is kissing more or less important to you in a relationship as you get older?
Posted: 2/17/2007 11:27:30 PM
Kissing is still very high on my list of priorities and I give them out...sparingly! A sweet, soft passionate kiss still makes me weak in the knees! Oh...and the forehead kiss...something really adorable about a guy that kisses me on the forehead...maybe it's just me, but age hasn't changed it!
 Mr. Reemann
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/18/2007 12:02:28 AM
Are you kidding?

It doesn’t matter how many you’ve kissed – from the back seat of the hot rod, until today.

All that really matters is who’s the next to curl your toes.

It’s the one thing you can’t do for yourself - no matter how independent you may be.

Actually, kissing is everything…and nothing all at the same time.
 motherbear
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/18/2007 1:02:29 AM
Kissing is extremely important to me. I love it so much. I would not get involved with a man who did not kiss well. I think now that I am older, my expectations are higher and it needs to feel great.
 YonkersGuy
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/18/2007 4:23:36 AM
Good question.....and I believe the answer is yes, it is still important. These days folks are more hard pressed in their day to day activities. Coming home to that special person, your best friend helps relieve those pressures of the day and there is nothing more confirming of the love between the two than spending quality time which should include some soft, tender kissing.
 prolibertate
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2007 4:52:09 AM
Kissing is and will always be important...for me, I don't see that much difference between the passion, intensity and sensitivity of 30 years ago or today...I've always enjoyed it, but how much now depends a lot more on who I'm kissing and how I feel about them. It's only been in the last 10 or so years that I've realized that if he's stimulated my mind with his intelligence, wit, and personality first, the kisses are a *lot* better. Kissing before was simply a nice, warm, enjoyable, physical sensation, even when I thought I was in love with the person. But if he's gotten my mind involved, now it's enough to knock every coherent thought out of it ;)

As far as being preliminary to the 'good stuff'...I see kissing as part of the good stuff, and something to be enjoyed throughout. And there's still something good to be said about necking like back when we were teenagers ;)
 SailAria
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/18/2007 5:50:15 AM

Kissing before was simply a nice, warm, enjoyable, physical sensation, even when I thought I was in love with the person. But if he's gotten my mind involved, now it's enough to knock every coherent thought out of it ;)

Well said. As enjoyable as a kiss can be for itself, once it becomes a part of true intimacy, it can only get better.
 NapJoe
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/18/2007 5:56:29 AM
Love it as long as we are in bed making love.
 The Magician
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/18/2007 6:05:52 AM

What do you consider a "good kisser" and if your partner isn't, are you willing to offer suggestions or just shrug it off on your way to the 'goodies?'

In my youth, kissing was just that, kissing. Today, I find that is is much more important to searching out what the true make up of a potential partner really is. I suppose I am jaded by a (nearly) sexless 28 year marriage. I find that the tight lipped, seemingly passionless kisses can turn me off any follow up with a person. No, I don't make any attempt to offer suggestions, I just turn and walk away. On the other hand, when I find a soft, playful, kisser, all hell breaks loose! Now, if I could get my lips on Miss Bobbinalong, I can just imagine how those lips would return the touch.
 gsnancy
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/18/2007 6:11:40 AM
A kiss is beter than a rose!!!!!!!
Simply wonderful........
I don't think that there is a human being on the great earth,
that does'nt like to kiss..........
(not afraid of pda's)
 kicnbac
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2007 6:59:52 AM
I can take it or leave it. However, once years ago me and my g/f were kissing and rubbing for hours. it was probably the best sex I never had. My lips were numb
 SueM
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/18/2007 7:00:56 AM
Kissing is important whatever your age. why should we give up when we are so experienced at doing it right!!!
 BobbinAlong
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/18/2007 7:23:06 AM
Thanks for replying and not deleting as redundant (I searched, it really wasn't).

As important as sex is, it's nothing without kisses, IMO. And kisses are nothing without passion and sensitivity. It seems to me that a lot of men today don't put any emphasis on kissing, or seem to enjoy it much. And that's sad. Some seem to think that it's just an exercise to prove how long and well muscled their tongue is. I don't want to have to explain that the way to my heart is NOT through my tonsils. Others limit kissing to "grandma kisses" that I could share in front of (or even with) my minister without blushing.

What a wonderful sensation to get, as Magician described, "soft playful kisses" from a man who remembers what LIPS are for. (And, Mr. Magic Man, that was NOT the first time I've imagined your kisses...or those "thousand tingles' afterwards *blushing*)

~Bobbin
 Soleil24
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/18/2007 7:49:16 AM
I like kissing. No longer inexperienced, I know what I like in a kiss.

As others have said, tight lipped (passionate-less) or tongue down the throat first thing (blech) is a turn off.

Like proliberate, I want my mind engaged first (making him the right man). Then, soft, sweet kisses. The passion builds from there.

It's all part of the way to make love to a woman. Many men don't get it. They rush things. I guess it is the difference between making love, vs. having sex.

Give me a man who recognizes the value of kissing.

*sigh*

prolibertate
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2007 7:55:34 AM

As enjoyable as a kiss can be for itself, once it becomes a part of true intimacy, it can only get better.

So true...And I'll never understand how people, once they're in a relationship or marriage, let something so wonderful and that means so much, disintegrate into a quick peck when they leave for work in the morning or get home at night...to me, that's starting down the path to taking one's SO and the relationship for granted. Making the effort to express oneself and how important the other person is to them shouldn't have to *be* any effort...it should be looked at as a blessing and a bonus, to have found someone you feel this way about...so making it a good 10-20 second hello/goodbye kiss goes a long way ;) And sometimes, just spending time kissing, without it necessarily leading to anything else, does the same.
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2007 8:03:29 AM
It is important. To me, this is just as personal as making love and I don't want to skip one step to get to the other.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2007 8:30:39 AM
And, now we've probably kissed dozens (hundreds?) and we're jaded by the experience? Does it just take more to satisfy us now that we've been there, done that so many many times? Is kissing enough any more? Or even all that important? Do the people you kiss today seem to consider kissing just a preliminary to the "good stuff?" Do you? What do you consider a "good kisser" and if your partner isn't, are you willing to offer suggestions

...KIssed hundreds, far from it....but never the less I could never become jaded by the experience....I could kiss for hours ....I have never considered kissing a preliminary to the "good stuff". It is the good stuff. Kissing is lovemaking. How important is kissing you ask?
Lets put it this way....I have fantazied more about a kiss than the actual lovemaking.

...maeflowers
 Nicky2Tone
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/18/2007 8:37:57 AM

Love it as long as we are in bed making love.

I find that interesting, since in your profile you say you're looking for something romantic. Romance starts way outside the bedroom.

Back to the OP: Kissing is an art form and kissing the right person, is a million times better than sex with the wrong one!
 blondago56
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2007 8:38:13 AM
MORE! the 'good stuff' is frosting on the cake... A yummy,good, awesome, passionate Kiss has the Power to stop wars!
 NapJoe
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/18/2007 8:39:41 AM
Okay, you're right. Kissing is better than the act of sex. Who wants the full experience of love. When you can feel incomplete. Such superficiality pleases, satisfies the superficial in all of us. Shallowness is next to godliness.

Shallowness makes us whole. Give me less, so I can have more.

Why not just hold hands. Or not meet at all. That way you could have a complete love affair.
 SueM
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/18/2007 9:37:07 AM
Kissing is not better than sex when sex is what you want with the person whose kiss is so great it melts your undies off!! But the kiss tells you when something is special... makes you feel special.

A kiss is no more superficial than sex is... They are all part (or should be) of some irresistable attraction.
 NapJoe
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/18/2007 9:39:46 AM
Oh, you mean the bedroom isn't romantic. Let's not kiss in the bedroom. Lips should not touch each other in bed.
 Soleil24
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/18/2007 9:56:54 AM

Okay, you're right. Kissing is better than the act of sex. Who wants the full experience of love. When you can feel incomplete. Such superficiality pleases, satisfies the superficial in all of us. Shallowness is next to godliness.

Shallowness makes us whole. Give me less, so I can have more.

Why not just hold hands. Or not meet at all. That way you could have a complete love affair.

In some ways kissing alone can be better, nap, and it is not shallow. No one said no intercourse. It was just suggested as a variation. And heck, many of us want to be kissed well.

Kissing for the sake of kissing, not jumping immediately to intercourse can build desire and arousal. It leads to more MUTUALLY satisfying sex later. Isn't that the point?

Kissing is at it's best when there is mutual affection, an emotional and mental connection or even better, LOVE.

As an aside, don't automatically discount the value of holding hands. In this germaphobic time I am beginning to think hand-holding is becoming an act of greater intimacy.

BobbinAlong
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/18/2007 9:57:12 AM
Napjoe, your original post sounded to me, and perhaps to others, as if in the bedroom was the ONLY place you thought kissing was good/important. Perhaps we misunderstood?

~Bobbin
 Nicky2Tone
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/18/2007 10:28:23 AM

As an aside, don't automatically discount the value of holding hands.

Nothing should be discounted at all, which is I guess why I didn't understand his post. The sight of a little old couple, clearly having been together decades and decades, holding hands is one of the great sights ever.

To me, that's the full experience of love, not just...hey, all the extra is nice but let's go have sex! Been there, done that...got the empty experiences to show for it. I learned my lesson. Not interested anymore.

The kissing, holding hands, the stolen glances, the smiles, the hugs...all of that and more makes the experience. If all you're looking for is sex, you can find it anywhere. Love and everything it encompasses, is a whole lot harder to find.

There's something to be said for laying in bed on a Sunday morning, doing the crosswords and passing the time away making out for hours! If it leads to more (Hey, I wouldn't discourage it lol) but like the poster above said, it doesn't have to.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is kissing more or less important to you in a relationship as you get older?