Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What does it mean when a man says "you scare me"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cinnamongirl40
Msg: 1
What does it mean when a man says "you scare me"Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I met someone months ago,(not on here) there was a definite attraction. He actually found out who i was thru a mutual friend and came out to me, introduced himself and said "I just had to meet u" I ran into him recently after casual chat he says "i am sorry I wanted to asked you out, but "you scare me"
 Smjle
Msg: 2
What does it mean when a man says you scare me
Posted: 2/18/2007 5:21:58 AM
Several possibilities. In my opinion, the most likely is he thinks you are out of his league.
 cinnamongirl40
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/18/2007 5:24:20 AM
hmm, thats too bad, he seems nice to me. thanks for the reply
 cinnamongirl40
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/18/2007 6:13:27 AM
should i ask him out? hmm.
 moon_fish
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/18/2007 6:22:57 AM
He could mean anything. You should get in the habit that when you are told something that strikes you as odd, to ask them what they mean. Otherwise your just guessing.
He could be scared of getting into a relationship or he is tempted away from his steady girlfriend or anything at all. Next time ask- what do you mean ??? and if you still dont understand ask another question to get your answer.
 Nicky2Tone
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/18/2007 6:23:37 AM
It could mean he thinks you're out of his league, could also mean he may feel that he could find himself really interested in you, really quickly...and that scares him. I would put my money on that one.

If you're interested? Ask him out!
 Livvy54984
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2007 6:27:13 AM
I think some men meet a woman who they believe could definitely entrap them emotionally and they don't really want to be in a committed relationship, so these women "scare" them.

I have had a similiar situation. There seems to be a connection and then he will pull back and attempt to make it very casual. I won't hear from him for a month or two and then he'll IM me and ask me out. We go out on 2 or 3 dates and then it'll be a month or so. I always have a nice time and wish it could evolve a bit, but after 3 or so years, I try to remain a bit detached. It seems the more emotionally involved he is during the date, the longer the spell between. Go figure!

I have come to the conclusion that I will never figure him out. After all, he's a man....
 Smjle
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/18/2007 6:35:30 AM
You are welcome. Of course, not all men think alike and my responses are based on how my mind works. If I’m right, it is also his way of giving you encouragement or the opportunity to reassure him by letting him know you won’t bite and would be receptive.

I think this is a lesser possibility, but a man might respond that way to give him an excuse for not asking sooner. Otherwise, that is based on the fact that he reasons that you would be offended (think he does not value you highly) if he was to ask after waiting such a long time.

Edit (add): If you are at all interested, you can be very friendly and flirty. Then, if he is interested, he should ask you out, at least suggest coffee. That's not too big a risk on his part. And, if he doesn't, then my guesses are probably incorrect.
 cinnamongirl40
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/18/2007 6:40:50 AM
thanks, your right, such a simple answer, next time i see him i will ask. Life does not have to be so complicated.
 moon_fish
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/18/2007 6:47:25 AM
So in your picture? are you waving? is it hello or goodbye?
 Bk2
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/18/2007 11:45:36 AM
cinnamongirl,

might mean what it says.....you scare him -he might of had some nightmares....maybe a dream where you were both a couple with 12 or so loving children.....your eyes look right through him....did you both have a stare off?....etc....lol.....sounds interesting...

as for you are out of his league hmmm that is just something nice to say.....of course opinions vary.....

some guys don't want to fall passionately in love right at the moment.....so if there was definite attraction I would choose that one.......and yes, you should ask him out......:)))

next time like some wise owls have said......ask what they mean.....makes sense....:)))

anyway, this could be love in the making so if you feel like going for it....you have my vote....'Go For It'!!!

Wishing you the best....

0:)

PS keep us posted... :)

AwP
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2007 12:00:06 PM
Most of the reasons I can think of for a guy to say this imply he's interested in you, so go ahead and ask him out. The worst that can happen is that he'll say no, but I think that's unlikely.
 behindasusual
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/18/2007 12:12:15 PM
I have said that before. "you scare me" in all of it's variations.

guys, no matter who we are, work on a sort of class system, some women are WAY out of our league. some, well, some are in anyone's league that will take them, they are not scary.

it's scary because we don't think we deserve "you", because, someone like you is scary, for the same reason driving a really really nice car is a bit scary. don't want to scratch it... ;)

Cory
 box within a box
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/18/2007 12:17:03 PM
Maybe he thinks you're a ghost
 867love
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/18/2007 12:49:26 PM
he was afraid he was going to wake up in a bathtub full of ice, missing his kidneys...
Posted: 2/18/2007 12:54:28 PM
I always thought it meant that he saw me without make-up on..
 smith2267
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/18/2007 12:54:43 PM
Could mean a lot of things.
Maybe you seem like you're husband hunting...
Maybe you are more forward than he likes...or kinkier...
 cinnamongirl40
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/18/2007 2:59:02 PM
Hello, bk thank you for the insight. Much appreciated.
 curlygrl
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2007 6:00:37 PM
hahhaha!! I always get this!!!

Yay -Im not the only one!!!LOL!!

It means you are incredibly f**king beautiful - and he
does not know what to do with you - Okay - my deffinition!!!!LOL!! - yes I made
this up along time ago so my feelings would stop being hurt -

I have no clue what it means - intimidating ?- who cares -
I give up-
 LaenDrawoh
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2007 6:12:05 PM
I think it can mean you come across as intimidating for him, but whats intimidating for one guy is merely self confidant to another. I have heard this from women before as well, normally after fire blowing. I honestly think it has to be meant as a compliment or else why would they seek you out to tell you? Honestly I have to agree best option to find out what me meant was to ask him. Also if you are interested in him by all means ask him out! Best of luck!

Laen
Stampeder #3
 dsbsnag
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/18/2007 6:19:26 PM
cinnamon,

it might have been that INCO tattoo you had on your shoulder. Or perhaps it was because you recited stompin' tom conner's "sudbury saturday night" by memory.

it could also be because you said you hang out in 'skead' on the weekends.

but, truth be told...it does mean you intimidate him. could be a number of reasons why -- but, he isn't going to make the first move.
 ______
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/18/2007 6:28:51 PM
that means that he thinks your super hot and he doesn't know if you like him. Could be a good ice breaker too.
 sirviver
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2007 6:43:08 PM
He probably thinks you are a beautiful woman who has a lot of admirers on your heels, and he doesn't deem himself worthy of you. Probably afraid of being rejected if he asked you out. Go for it, ask him out, will probably make his day.
jmo
 SnuggleSmacks
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/18/2007 7:00:31 PM
According to my sources (male friends) this usually means that he finds you intriguing enough to be able to picture the possibility of an actual relationship, which can be scary, but he's not sure if he has a chance, so he's inviting you to pursuit him a bit, sort of relieve him of the burden of taking all the risk.

If you're interested, definitely ask him out. And when you do, keep behaving exactly as you have been.
 Winebuddy
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/18/2007 7:27:20 PM
he and his 'manhood' must have had a little chat, and one of them can't handle you...I suspect its the little man
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What does it mean when a man says "you scare me"