Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Girls...would you date a guy that wears diapers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 shadow88
Msg: 1
Girls...would you date a guy that wears diapers?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
If you were dating someone and found out he needed diapers for sleeping at night, or anytime restrooms were not convenient, such as amusement parks where lines for rides are long, long car rides, etc. Would this be a deal breaker or would you still consider dating him?

And how early on would you want to know this information?
 ryouforme
Msg: 2
Girls...would you date a guy that wears diapers?
Posted: 2/23/2007 6:50:14 PM
I dated a man for several months who had recently had major surgery. He had a problem with leakage after the surgery and would wear Poise Pads when sleeping, working, or riding his motorcycle. I had no problem with that.
Oh yeah, he told me about the pads shortly after we met.
 WWCND
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/23/2007 7:09:47 PM
deal breaker, I already have a baby in diapers. There is just something too unsexy about having to remove a diaper in order to have sex with someone. There is a difference if it's a medical problem and it's temporary, but I dont know if i could handle it if it was a pre-existing problem.

That makes me wonder, did you read that profile too?:P
 cotter
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2007 8:06:38 PM
I would want to know early on.

And by the way ... with me he would not have to wear a "diaper". They have such a thing as "condom catheters" for men. It is as non-invasive as slipping a condom over the penis.

Place the condom catheter, strap the sealed urine bag on his thigh and go to the amusement park, go on the long car ride all you want. Empty the urine bag at your convenience. I would not suggest this for bed, but it would not bother me in the least if he needed some extra protection while sleeping.

While I enjoy sleeping next to my partner in the "buff" ... I would not have a problem if he slept in his underwear pants. I'd just want him close by.
 darlyngirl
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2007 9:05:15 PM
I had an apartment-mate in undergrad who decided he'd had a bad childhood and was going to relieve it by going back into diapers. So if someone was doing it for psychological reasons than no (too wierd). If they were doing it, short-term because of a medical problem or even long-term becuase of a medical problem then yes. But- I would definately be turned off if he tried to initiate sex wearing it- I mean the way to do it in my mind would be get inimate then after guy gets up and puts on required sleeping gear :P
 SweetTreat
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2007 9:11:10 PM
Damn thats a tough question. I think the post above me said it as best as I could tho...erm minus the apartment mate wearing diapers to relive his childhood!
 HotDogTaco
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2007 9:20:20 PM
well look at it this way man if she dont like u cause u have a medical problem then shes pretty shallow
 Morning_Glory_
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2007 10:11:20 PM
I have no problem with diapers as long as he is changing his own!

I spent three years in home health care and left because I hate changing adult diapers! If he doesn't need my assistance, I'm fine with it. If he needs me to diaper him - I'm gone!
 Kame
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/23/2007 10:17:10 PM
This is NOT a very nice thread
 ~TrueBlood~
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2007 10:37:11 PM
I think shallow is a term thrown around too much. Not dating someone because their eyes are green instead of blue is shallow. Not wanting to date someone because they have a medical condition whereby they cannot control their bowels and require assistance is another matter.

Also, I think the age and lifestyle of the woman has to be taken into account. An active 35 year old would view this quite differently than a 57 year old woman.

If it is a pre-exisiting condition, is it just going to get worse? Does the condition affect him sexually? Because he wears diapers, does he actually ever put himself in a position to take long car rides, or go anywhere restrooms are not convenient? Maybe he doesn't and stays close to home because of it.

All factors to think about.

Again we are not talking about a woman who was already in love with this person and the condition happened, we are talking about a woman meeting this man and having to decide if she is willing to have his condition affect her, too.
 swee10lo
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/23/2007 10:55:19 PM
no way!! unless he was my husband down the road and developed that condition.
 ab_qt
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/24/2007 5:32:27 AM
At this point of my life, I don't think I'd be able to deal with a guy who wears diapers.
 shadow88
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/24/2007 1:53:55 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. There was a good mix from both sides for 'okay with it' and 'not okay with it'. Just to clarify, someone brought up uncontrolable bowels, but that is not the case in this post, it is strictly bladder control, no messes. The diapers are worn every night and on the rare occasion that they are worn during the day is usually precautionary.

It's good to know that there are some people that will overlook this if they encounter it. The majority of women that I have met were of the 'not okay with it' group. Reading some of the replies here I can understand why they would choose not to deal with it. A few women I dated were okay with it for a while but then didn't want to deal with it anymore. One woman had no problems at all with it, but we split for other reasons.

I respect everyone's choices and have held no resentment towards anyone.

Thanks again for all the feedback.
 JulietJuliet
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/24/2007 6:23:44 PM
I don't see a problem here at all, but that maybe due to my line of work where I am use to it.
If I'm in love with a person who cares about such a trivial thing? There is always someone worse off than the next, and I would be thankful that this issue is only minor compared to what some people must endure.
I can't believe that some people are so very shallow, and makes me wonder how they would cope if they had to wear a diaper. It's NOT the be all end all, merely a small hiccup.
To all the shallow people out there.......Be thankful YOU don't have to endure the usage of a diaper, and have a bit of respect for those that do have to live their lives like this.
 whitestarmama
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/24/2007 6:44:21 PM
i guess it would depend on a few things. as always, the answer is not so straightforward. if he generally takes care of his own personal hygeine, i don't see a problem. if he would need me as a caregiver, it might create a situation where he wouldn't feel like my equal partner, in which case it would become an issue. then again, maybe it won't, hard to say!
 Greggy01
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2007 9:18:39 AM
Is this not a similar question to dating someone who needs a wheelchair to get around? Or a walking stick or someone with a false limb?
Are such people destined to become single for the rest of their lives because prospective partners cannot see beyond the device need to make a sufferers life easier?
I find the womens remarks particularly interesting because a great many older people suffer from bladder weakness requiring some form of protection and of that section of society the larger proportion are women.
Why is bladder weakness and the methods used to deal with it so taboo and hush hush? Is this not the 21st century? Are we not enlightened people . . . . guess not!
Why are people who suffer from some form of problem that affects their dignity shunned by the more fortunate?
Any kind of life changing illness or disability can affect a perons life dramatically even before they consider entering into a relationship and it takes a great deal of courage for a sufferer to divulge their 'embarressing secret' when entering a new relationship.
I will guarantee that all those making adverse comment in this post above are fully functional, simply because of their blinkered views.
Anyone of the above posters with adverse comments care to challenge me on this?
Glasses wearers and contact lense wearers beware, yours is a prop to make your life easier too!
 SnuggleSmacks
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/13/2007 9:34:33 AM

Is this not a similar question to dating someone who needs a wheelchair to get around? Or a walking stick or someone with a false limb?

You know, I wasn't going to comment until I read this. There was a thread recently which asked what is something you absolutely would not do in front of your SO or want them to do in front of you. Guess what kept coming up over and over? Yep...bathroom business. We all go, but we don't really want to see it, hear about it, or have it in our faces. It is definitely different than someone with a prosthetic leg or even a wheelchair.

That said, for me, I could deal with it if it were not something I had to "deal with" all the time. I would have to understand the issue behind it, though. I have a small bladder, often have to get up in the night to go, stop fairly often on long trips, and I don't wear diapers or have an issue finding a bathroom. There are even medications out now which help with frequent urination. The diapers would have to be worn for a reason I could grasp.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2007 10:12:13 AM
Well, I have met a lot of men that are big babies, I suppose it's not a far reach.

Seriously, if it's a medical condition, I don't have an issue with it. If it's a fetish, that is another thing entirely.
 Fujie900
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/13/2007 12:48:00 PM
Well im satrting school soon as a patient care tech(cna, phlebotomy, ekg) but i know ill be working alot as a cna, so ill be wading in poop and pee all day lol.

This post got me thinking how i would react if i dated a girl then found out she had this issue. Id prolly be ok with it i guess, i mean if i went out with her then it's because i like her as a person too.

And what the hell, ill be good at dealing with that stuff..........
 misticmaiden
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/13/2007 1:58:25 PM
Wouldnt date a guy that wears diapers deal breaker all right.
 Greggy01
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2007 2:03:22 PM
Msg 18 reply

There are many reasons, nerve damage and diabetes incipidus (scuse spelling) are two main ones and of course back injuries from industrial or car accident.
There are many ways of dealing with a problem such as invaisive surgury sheaths or diapers.
At the end of the day its all about individual choice, but my point was that people with physical problems should not be derided for their choice in dealing with a personal situation.
Nor does it give people a right to judge someone for their choice either.
And when a couple are first attracted to each other, the fully functioning part of the couple should look on the other as a whole and not because he or she has chosen to wear diapers or whatever to deal with a problem.
A relationship should be based on what each partner can deliver to the relationship so that it grows in a forward and developing way.
We all have annoying faults and quirks, no-one is perfect.
There's an old saying that goes 'you should walk a mile in the other guys shoes.'
I think it says it all.
 skittyscat07
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/13/2007 3:52:36 PM
I can't say i would find a man wearing diapers attractive!! and yes can be a tad offputting lol..but i guess if there were medical reasons ?? I really couldn't say 100% that if i were told this from the start i would be comfortable with the thought..so, what i would suggest is that the man would say nothing until maybe he knew that the woman liked him enough to look through this problem and maybe liked him enough to accept that yeah this is a real nice guy and yeah..so what if he wears diapers?? Really this isn't a problem i have ever come across and truly wouldn't know how i would react..but thinking about if my ex had told me say after a few dates..i would have thought aww,,,rather than eww :O)
 Greggy01
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2007 4:29:48 PM
It's a case of different strokes for different folks, every body has choices relating to prospective partners and that's fine but also you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.
Superficially a hansome bloke that your interested in could be wearing the mask of a nice guy and you fall for that 'person', but as time goes on it becomes increasingly difficult for him to keep the pretence up and the mask slips revealing the true nature of the man.
Any similaities here?
Whereas say a guy that was not too hansome in the face department would have to work doubly hard to overcome the looks dept. by building up the personality dept in order to win the heart of his intended fair maiden.
The same is true for the man/woman who has 'personal difficulties' to overcome, they would have to work harder in other areas to compensate.
 GreatAttitude
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/13/2007 6:21:56 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with it and would respect him for letting me know by date 2.
 DeadlySin
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/28/2007 9:17:42 PM
Would you date a girl who wears diapers is a better question? Where do you people come up with this stuff? And why would you broadcast it? Humans...funniest creature alive..and we are suppose to have been elevated above the primates...kinda doubt baboons worry about this crap.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Girls...would you date a guy that wears diapers?