Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  > Girls into cars.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Devilbrad
Msg: 1
Girls into cars.Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Where are all the girls that enjoy hot rods, drag racing, and getting dirty working on hot rods and muscle cars? Car shows, drag races, swap meets, that kinda stuff. Speak up!!!!! Us mechanically inclined guys could use a female hand!
 debb1110
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Girls into cars.
Posted: 2/23/2007 9:53:26 PM
Well i love nascar
 bladerunner14
Msg: 3
Girls into cars.
Posted: 2/23/2007 10:56:48 PM
Good lord!! What the little girls on this sight are bored, and do not wish to hear about some guys desire to want a women whose interested in cars"?

Man, I have to see these stupid subjects like, "what color should my nails be" and why do women take so long in the bathroom" forums.

Honestly I am not nascar person, nor hot rodder, I do own a Z but who cares...I have seen so many other stupid forums, I believe if there is interests let him or her do it.

Truthfully, I like a forum on why Americans drive gas guzzling RVs and SUVs but I will not push my forums. I know we are only interested in meeting socially on this website.

My point of view is I would love to see more girls in cars, especially my own car. If any young women out there enjoys dancing and having fun, and is not stuck up or playing games she is more than welcome to go out with me. I promise fun and excitement beyond sex. There's always time for sex later.lol

cyrano
 ashleigha
Msg: 4
Girls into cars.
Posted: 2/23/2007 10:58:40 PM
im totally into cars. i love hot rodes. and i work on my car all the time and did i forget i go drag racen i know this really awesome place if anyone wants to race
 theshadowcatcher
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Girls into cars.
Posted: 2/24/2007 12:06:13 AM
I think that his post was simply a rhetorical question...simply an observation and one that was spoken without really expecting a response. I read his profile and he really is into hotrods so where is the problem? Sounds like either sex discrimination or a double standard here. Let me prove it to you...If a gal had posted "i'm totally into knitting. i love intricate shawls. and i work on my knitting all the time and did i forget i go knitting bees and i know this really awesome place if anyone wants to do a group knit...i'mkrazy'boutknitting"? Let's take it one more step...suppose it had been a gal that had posted the original note? Wellllll? I would bet there wouldn't be a single protest registered about her advertising 'cause she was only expressing and interest in knitting (or God forbid - Hotrods!) and only posting it to see if anyone else was as interested in knitting (or God forbid again - Hotrods!) as much as she was! Now, because of someone's own self serving interest in controlling what is and is not discussed and by whom...an issue has been created when there really was none. So, which is it...sex discrimination or a double standard! I vote no to de-posting this post. Have a nice day knitting or hotroding or whatever it is that floats your boat and stop bothering people that only trying to find the love of their life! WHOA...God forbid that on a singles dating site! Where are dating cops when you really need 'em!
 Cali760
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Girls into cars.
Posted: 2/24/2007 2:17:10 AM
Well does it count that i like to street race ?Other than that I don't know anything but to drive like mario andrettie
 mystical
Msg: 7
Girls into cars.
Posted: 2/24/2007 2:23:11 AM
I'm one of them...i LOVE old cars especially when they are fixed up..57 CHEVY MMMMM..I love GTO.TA's Fire birds,I use to drag race when i was a teen ager.I had a 64 GTO that was a hard car to beat..Even out ran a few cops:)..muscle car's and truck's RULE:) car shows are great:)I even like getting under the hood and work on cars...NOT THE NEW ONES THOUGH:( so I'm raising my hand here...I'm one:) I was wondering what happen to the guys that liked them things....
 longcoolwomangt
Msg: 8
Girls into cars.
Posted: 2/24/2007 6:18:57 AM
My kids (21 yo's), say I'm having a "midlife crisis" in regards to my love for Mustangs (I've got two of 'em).

I tell them Mom had a '67 Cougar, 289 sm block, a 280ZX, BEFORE I had twins! LOL THEN came the minivans and SUV's.

It was only after they were grown that I could return to my love of powerful cars. Vroom! Vroom!

I get a lot of comments in public from people about my GT. I'm always thrilled when a woman shouts out "cool car"! A like-minded soul!
 dwkfym
Msg: 9
Girls into cars.
Posted: 3/9/2007 12:29:02 AM
Devilbrad:

When I really really get into talking about cars I just sound like a total nerd .. I don't think any lady would like to spend hours listening to me try and explain what bound and rebound is, car dynamics and how to drive, etc etc.. Its always cool to meet girls who like cars though. It's at least a conversation starter.

I could see a cool car impressing girls, but I think I'll save that for a later time in my life when I can afford more luxurious cars. Right now I can only afford the poor kid's racecar and even that pretty harsh on my pocket!

Some of the girls I've met that are REALLY into cars, or in this case racing, are super competitive. I know some guys are into girls like that and I can see how a strong woman can be very attractive, but for me that's sort of like dating a dude... lol! Oh no, I'm probably going to get killed in the near future for saying that!!
 dwkfym
Msg: 10
Girls into cars.
Posted: 3/9/2007 12:31:37 AM
Cali760:

hey!
people are starting to forget who andretti is. and the other racing legends.. dan gurney, ayrton senna, jackie stewart.. I WISH I could drive like any of the above!
 will211ca
Msg: 11
Girls into cars.
Posted: 3/9/2007 1:18:37 AM
Nah, if I want to talk about cars or sports I'll hang out with guys. I like "girly girls".. the ones who are interested in makeup and pink things and purses and victoria's secret and all that. I just really like being very different from the woman I'm dating. Girls who are way into sports and traditional "guy" stuff just kind of freak me out. I never feel any sexual chemistry with them because it's like being with a man in drag.
 tdbc
Msg: 12
Girls into cars.
Posted: 3/9/2007 5:54:57 PM
hmmm..well, what about a gal who's painted them, and loves beautiful paint on a ride, but likes to wear VCs, and do her hair. If you DID mean this literally, it's because of guys who stereotype us ladies and do freak out when we tell them. It will test the meddle of any gal, and make us NOT be in a hurry, because you know the right guy is going to like you for YOU. Then again, who wants to be liked because of what they DO, not who they are? And it's a good idea for a gal to know how her car runs, yadda yadda......
 Tinman2009
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Girls into cars.
Posted: 3/9/2007 6:38:52 PM
I too prefer girly girls, this includes girls who drive girly cars. To the post above, how many girls can honestly say they like a girly guy who's into watching soap operas, checks himself in the mirror every chance he gets and wears lip gloss? well, you get the point.
It's not a stereotype, just a preference. It's not judging you for what you like or do. Why is it that when men admit their preference in women, someone always finds a way to describe it as being shallow??
 will211ca
Msg: 14
Girls into cars.
Posted: 3/9/2007 8:36:56 PM
Yup I agree. I'm not judging them, I'm just sharing what I like, you know? I like feeling like a man, and when I'm around feminine women it makes me feel more like a man. Just as I assume feminine women feel more womanly around manly men. Nothing against guys who enjoy watching soaps and painting their toenails and stuff, but lots of women just aren't into those kind of guys.

I prefer sexual dimorphism.
 tdbc
Msg: 15
Girls into cars.
Posted: 3/10/2007 7:16:32 AM
Yoooouurrr the one who said 'shallow', which IS interesting.
I think it's cool that you like girly girls. I feel pretty girly-I just redefine 'girly' and I figure (don't take this as a slam please) that the guy I'm with won't be bugged or need to have his masculinity re-enforced by by how 'Barbie Doll' I am...because here's the thing....there's something really funny about the idea of going out with a guy, not mentioning that I've custom painted cars, everything's cool and going great..then on about the sixth date you tell him and he poofs...lol.
Seriously-most guys think it's cool. But, each to his own.
I just think guys still need liberating in this sense....or else it's their backlash to feminism...or maybe both. The world is evolving. People have the right to use their talents in a way they see fit. For some of us, our work is our passion and we're willing to pay the price in our personal life (not that we have to, but it's an attitude). for those who support the arts, and appreciate a nice paint job on a car (or canvas, or wall....),,,that's a good thing.
 Tinman2009
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Girls into cars.
Posted: 3/10/2007 12:11:40 PM
I said shallow because I've seen other posts were guys are labeled as shallow for not liking a certaing type of girl, BBWs for example. If I'm not attracted to them I'm labeled as shallow because "it's the inside that counts," when it's simply not my preference. After all this is said, I still prefer girly girls and there's plenty of fellas who don't, just a prefernce that's all, nothing to get worked up over.
 Devilbrad
Msg: 17
Girls into cars.
Posted: 3/10/2007 4:35:41 PM
Not replying to you Swordfish, you just had the last reply button I saw. Now, my original question was asked because I would prefer to find a girl that I could get serious with. That means spending a lot of time together. I dont want to date a girl where every weekend I am off to a car show or race or working on one of my trucks and she wont go or participate because she doesnt like it. I want to spend time with her dammit. Yes, its ok if she has her interests too. And I am completely down with enjoying them with her (even if its knitting!!). It just seems harder to find a female that will appreciate (allow???) and enjoy a guys passion for cars and trucks. It sucks up a lot of money! And the jealousy starts kicking in "You spend more time with you truck than me!!" I dont want that. I'm not looking for a casual date or booty call, so things like this ARE important. Girly girls are fine, but when her car breaks down and she cant fix it, and you cant fix it, and you are both at the dealer spending $1000 for a ten minute $5 fix.........................its nice to know that can be avoided.
 asianace10
Msg: 18
Girls into cars.
Posted: 3/10/2007 8:53:20 PM
I learned from my mechanic that when you buy a new car you shouldn't use synthetic oil in the engine until you pass the 10,000 mile mark, and that you should vary the speed you drive when the engine is new because of the etchings or marks that are made inside the cylinder walls; he also recommended changing the oil on a brand new car first at 500 miles, then again at 1000 miles, at 1000 miles again and then go to the regular 3000 mile oil changes; I would like to know more about cars, I don't find it boring at all. I do some reading online when my car acts up.
 Devilbrad
Msg: 19
Girls into cars.
Posted: 3/10/2007 9:15:12 PM
I will agree with your mechanic on the synthetic oil not being used in a new engine, but I disagree with his mileage quota. 5000 miles is more than enough for an engine to be broken in. His oil change intervals are open for interpretation as well. A brand new car off the show room floor, you can go straight to 3000 (or whatever the first oil change interval is) with no problem. The machining and tolerances the factories of the auto companies have now a days is astounding. They spend a ton of money to keep their cars running long enough to beat the warranty period!! Now if you have say a 67 Mustang and have the local machine shop rebuild your engine, then yes, change the oil instantly!! LOL Otherwise, I like the idea that you ere to the cautious side, wish more people did. Of course, I would have no job............
 longcoolwomangt
Msg: 20
Girls into cars.
Posted: 3/10/2007 9:15:32 PM
I still prefer girly girls

Uh, what's so "un-girly" about liking to drive fast?

I'm as feminine as any woman. I don't think the OP was necessarily talking about just those chicks in overalls with grease to their elbows and a wrench in their hand.

I've got a Hot, Fast car. If someone is so insecure that they don't want to go out with me because of it, I'm not interested anyway.
 Devilbrad
Msg: 21
Girls into cars.
Posted: 3/10/2007 9:40:24 PM
Actually, being the OP that I am, I think its hot that a girl would be laying on her back under an old muscle car or one of my trucks, helping and wrenching away getting dirty and making progress towards a goal. Owning a bone stock factory car that is touted as being special just means you can afford said car, not work on it, modify it, or restore it in 20 to 30 years.
 longcoolwomangt
Msg: 22
Girls into cars.
Posted: 3/10/2007 9:42:43 PM
Absolutely OP, I didn't mean anything derogatory about those ladies who can wield a wrench with the best of 'em.

There are all different levels of interest in cars.

And there is something to be said for stock...classic...
 Valicious
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Girls into cars.
Posted: 3/10/2007 10:33:45 PM

Owning a bone stock factory car that is touted as being special just means you can afford said car, not work on it, modify it, or restore it in 20 to 30 years

Well said! I totally agree with you there! Whats wrong with a woman knowing how to work on her own car? Doesn't make her anyless girly....just makes her more valuable
VaL
 vstarcruiser
Msg: 24
Girls into cars.
Posted: 3/11/2007 8:01:28 AM
A brand new car off the show room floor, you can go straight to 3000 (or whatever the first oil change interval is) with no problem.

I may be a bit OT, but when I buy a new car, I get the oil changed ASAP, motor oil has a tendency to degrade in an engine based on TIME and mileage driven and driving conditions. I have no idea how long that car has been waiting around for me to buy it, so I spend 30 bucks on baby's first oil change and feel I started off right.

This is especially true of motorcycles, they wait around on the show floor a long time too.
 asianace10
Msg: 25
Girls into cars.
Posted: 3/11/2007 8:27:06 AM
Yes my mechanic is the type to err on the side of caution and preventative care for cars, he is a real car nut and into speed boating; but I do wonder about driving in heavy traffic with the car sitting for long periods in So Cal how that affects the viscosity of the engine oil, and perhaps would be prudent to change it more often, if you are a driver that has to sit in traffic alot? Does oil regain viscosity when it returns to a cooler temp? Or once it loses it, is it gone? As far as warranty period I had one on a car and I should have had a independent mechanic (not the dealer) check my auto transmission before the warranty ran out, because I did have problems with the tranny and didn't know it, and it blew up on my way to Palm Springs a month after the warranty period, and I knew it wasn't quite right; so heads up on warranties need to be proactive.
Show ALL Forums  > California  > Girls into cars.