Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Unhappily married?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 blueyedbabe49
Msg: 1
Unhappily married?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
My question to you guys is "Why are there sooo many unhappily married men on the internet?" Does noone believe in monogamy anymore? Divorce out of the question because of financial or parental reasons? Or do most married or attached men on these sites just want something different or a playmate? Inquiring minds wanna know!!
 millwrightpaul
Msg: 2
Unhappily married?
Posted: 2/26/2007 6:35:19 AM
i think you will find that it is not limited to unhappily married men. lots of women on here in the same situation. you probably dont see it though, because you are searching men's profiles, but trust me it is true. i think the reasons would be as varied as the number of people searching.
 all about laughs
Msg: 3
Unhappily married?
Posted: 2/26/2007 8:32:07 AM
Well I am sure you are going to get a one sided answer here... probably they will say the fault lies with the wife / partner... after all she will not be here to defend herself...

Cheating is a cowards move, nothing more... if you do not like the situation you are in, then leave... it may not be so simple at first, but it is the morally correct thing to do...

As for why men are cheating... well, could be numerous reasons... like for example, they are lazy around the house, sit on the couch all day... wife / partner asks them to do something but they do not want too, upsets the wife / partner... yet when it comes to bed time, the guy wants some nookie, and the wife / partner is not in the mood because of friction earlier in the day... so man tells himself he will look elsewhere, and he can still be a useless shithead...

Anyways, people who cheat, no matter what the reasons are pieces of shits... no way to sugar coat it...
 h0ldfast
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Unhappily married?
Posted: 2/26/2007 8:32:55 AM
The internet offers an anonymous, convenient escape from the oppressive reality of a bad relationship, or of any bad situation. Why are there so many geeks, nerds and misfits on the internet? It's for the same reason: the real world isn't very kind to them.
 ubkobalt
Msg: 5
Unhappily married?
Posted: 2/26/2007 8:58:27 AM

Does noone believe in monogamy anymore?

Sure there are! But they also tend to be single.
 mnabtwn
Msg: 6
Unhappily married?
Posted: 3/8/2007 11:36:14 AM
Does no one believe in monogamy anymore?

Does any believe in sex after marriage and kids?
 all about laughs
Msg: 7
Unhappily married?
Posted: 3/8/2007 11:43:51 AM
But...

Wouldn't Happily Married be an oxymoron?

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
 all about laughs
Msg: 8
Unhappily married?
Posted: 3/8/2007 11:43:59 AM
But...

Wouldn't Happily Married be an oxymoron?

atlast
Msg: 9
Unhappily married?
Posted: 3/9/2007 9:50:57 PM
That is a big line. They are unhappy because their wife won't let them sleep around. If you are unhappy, you get divorced. These losers don't want to get divorced because their wife will keep all their stuff. Do women really still fall for that?
 Ron9
Msg: 10
Unhappily married?
Posted: 3/9/2007 10:00:17 PM
I think the stress of everyday life wears bad on some couples. It gets to be a “grind” people may be looking for something that takes them out of the grind of every day life - perks them up - they are often tired of what they have at home - invent reasons to rationalize. The net is an easy way to try to get something going.

They are cheaters in the making - or want to be cheaters or want some “strange” or looking for an excuse to bust their current relationship.

I would venture to say there are PLENTY of married females on the net as well as guys.

More females cheat on their SO than males - that can be verified by creditable studies.
 SweetieGuy_81
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Unhappily married?
Posted: 3/9/2007 10:52:35 PM
Well, alot of people end up cheating when their loved one works too much and/or doesn't give them enough loving.

I know for a fact that if i was married and i was working alot and my wife, time after time, tried to get me to spend more time with her and i didn't cause of work, she would likely end up cheating, in that instance, it isn't her to blame, its me and when the roles reverse, its her fault for working too much.

I admit, there is more to a relationship then sex, but you gotta admit, no one would be in a long-term relationship without any sex, even if its once per week, its just one of those things.

If your loved one is always available for you, for sex and romance and stuff and you still cheat, then you are just an ***hole and don't deserve the love you are with.
 roglol
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Unhappily married?
Posted: 3/9/2007 11:02:13 PM
Heck Im single and I still want to be happy , no girlfriend or anything . I think its an inside job thing . Nothing at all to do with the women .
 RedneckHippy
Msg: 13
Unhappily married?
Posted: 3/9/2007 11:36:49 PM

Why are there sooo many unhappily married men on the internet?"

For the same reasons sooo many
unhappily married women are on
the internet.

Cheating, or even the intent to cheat
is just wrong.
 Disco Daddy
Msg: 14
Unhappily married?
Posted: 3/9/2007 11:54:20 PM
They are unhappy! I don't know why they are unhappy, they just are...
I'm attached, and I'm here... I just dig the forums every once in awhile...
Look at the date I joined... If I was single for this long, I would have given up here a long time ago.
 All-in81
Msg: 15
Unhappily married?
Posted: 3/10/2007 1:48:05 AM
you are not cheating, until you are caught.
 Hghwyman44
Msg: 16
Unhappily married?
Posted: 3/10/2007 5:23:46 AM
Inquiring minds wanna know why after women get married, they put on weight and lose their enthusiasm for love making?
 blueyedbabe49
Msg: 17
Unhappily married?
Posted: 3/10/2007 5:32:14 AM
Well Hghwyman44, not ALL women do and I could ask the same question about men. It's a two-way street.
 lane splitter
Msg: 18
Unhappily married?
Posted: 3/10/2007 5:48:34 AM
It's because all married men are unhappy and now many of them have computers, trying to do something about it. Unhappiness is the price men pay to be with women. They pay the price because every so often out of nowhere, that woman he married will make him feel so good he knows life without her would amount to missing her. Men are cursed with the habit of loyalty, so that once they devote themselves and establish a sense of family, the are stuck under the load until their legs give out. In time he will either content himself with his lot, or else begin looking for a better ratio of joy to misery. The Internet brings the whole world of possibilities right into his own home, as long as she isn't looking over his shoulder.
 S_sweet
Msg: 19
Unhappily married?
Posted: 3/10/2007 6:58:32 AM
highwyman the reason woman put on weight after marriage is STRESS lol.and another reason is they have kids and some woman have a hard time loseing it (me for one) and I know alot of men with wifes that are not heavy and are not intersested in lovemaking anymore weight has nothing to do with it.lol ask my husband I love making lovemaybe a little to much hes the one thats never interested in it as much
 blueyedbabe49
Msg: 20
Unhappily married?
Posted: 3/10/2007 7:04:11 AM
lane........This from a man who is first of all "single" and secondly, has no kids. Hmmm, kinda makes the comment about ALL "married" men a moot point now doesn't it
 Nos800id
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Unhappily married?
Posted: 3/10/2007 7:25:26 AM
I'm happily married and my wifes not over weight and we have kids and I don't /won't cheat on her and she wouldn't screw around on me....
 blueyedbabe49
Msg: 22
Unhappily married?
Posted: 3/10/2007 7:31:34 AM
Cudos to you nos, and I do realize there are many happily married men out there. It's just my experience on this vast abyss we call the internet, has been there are many out there who don't have a problem with "playing around" with women who are not their spouses. Best of luck to you and your lucky lady!! BTW, I appreciate all you military guys and gals do for us.
 scruldbrug
Msg: 23
Unhappily married?
Posted: 3/10/2007 9:09:22 AM
I don't know of any men who have been really happy in their marriages after a certain point. Nor women, for that matter.

Women are on these boards looking for someone to get them out of unhappy marriages just as much, maybe more, than the men.
 Kenp3
Msg: 24
Unhappily married?
Posted: 3/10/2007 9:15:15 AM
People have an illusion of what marriage should and shouldn't be, I was married for 19 years many of them good and some not so good. I never cheated on her and I believe she didn't cheat on me. I now think that after a period of time we grew apart and wanted different things from marriage, I really feel no animosity towards her and hope that she does well. It seems strange now to say it but it's like we moved on in our lives and the other person isn't involved anymore.
 blueyedbabe49
Msg: 25
Unhappily married?
Posted: 3/11/2007 7:23:11 AM
Wow scruldbrug, that's a very broad opinion there! You either don't know many people or are a little closed-minded because I doubt ALL married people become unhappy at a certain point. However, your statement about women being just as unhappy as some men in their marriages is probably true; I just don't get chat invitations from married women......lol. Thanks for your post.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Unhappily married?