Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > How can u tell if he is sincere or if he's just trying to get a booty      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 baytowngal77
Msg: 1
How can u tell if he is sincere or if he's just trying to get a booty call?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I have had this question more than once on a few guys that I have talked to and that I chose to meet. It starts off great online, then over the phone every thing seems to click even more, when I make the decision to meet them, it turns out that they want a booty call. Then reguardless of the outcome of the meeting, they blow you off. How can I tell that someone I have an intrest in is sincere?
 millwrightpaul
Msg: 2
How can u tell if he is sincere or if he's just trying to get a booty call?
Posted: 2/27/2007 8:45:20 PM
i think you have to pay close attention to the signals he is giving out. what happens on the dates, when you say goodnight and dont invite him in, does he call you back and ask you out again?

when it comes right down to it, you have to trust your own character judgement. some will be good decisions, some wont.

life happens
 moon_fish
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/27/2007 8:52:30 PM
You can tell because he won't run or pressure you when you say no to sex. Don't have sex with him and if he likes you for more than a booty call, he'll hang around.

Stop having sex with guys if your looking for something more than sex. It really is that easy.
 Bk2
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/28/2007 1:48:08 AM
Hi baytowngal,

How can I tell that someone I have an intrest in is sincere?

Simply by seeing that he sincerely respects how you feel and your wishes.

Remain respectable and if he is chooses otherwise......'catchandrelease'.... again, simple.

Wishing you the best!

0:)

Foxx Mulder
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/28/2007 4:58:30 AM
You can't tell, because not all guys are the same. If a guy is looking for only a "bootycall", more then likly he will not tell you that.
 Doouglass
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/28/2007 5:56:06 AM
All you gotta do is fit a Polygraph into the mix. Polygraph and drinks anyone?
If that ain't happening, just fack your way through 'em all until you find a keeper.
 magicallaroundme
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/28/2007 8:54:48 AM
Looked at your profile very carefully. The only answer I can give you is that in your case ALL are booty calls. You might just as well have sent a personal email to every pickup artist on the net that says "Come Do Me PLEASE!!!"

To pickup artists it is a science. They take one look at what you have written and see paydirt. You don't hear from any of the guys who are open to long term because they don't know the drill and can't spot all of the little clues. They see what you wrote and think, "too tough for me" and click on the next picture. Honestly, I don't think you could have done a better job of freezing out the sincere ones and begging for a booty call at the same.
 workingonagoodname
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/28/2007 9:07:19 AM
I think you have to ask the right questions, LISTEN to the answers and go with your gut.

IMO
 mrRL
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2007 9:09:51 AM
accept the fact that first and foremost, he's trying to get some a$$. and i don't want to be too harsh, just real, but, having a pic of you and your baby with "long term" as what you're looking for, reaks of desperation. so either you're going to find the right guy or the right now guy. i'm thinking you'll more frequently find the latter.
 bbobvilla
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2007 9:23:37 AM
I agree with the last poster.
Showing a picture with you and a child tells some men, ok she puts out.
Also requesting long term and in your profile saying you are not looking for anything serious and that you just got out of a relationship tells some men that you can stand to be alone and need someone right now.
And as far as clubbing on a first date, kind of hard to really talk in a club.
If $50.00 for a nice dinner is too much for a guy to spend to get to know you, then he probably isn't worth the time anyway. I mean you have chatted on line and talked on the phone? Right?
 girlie1549
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/28/2007 10:10:18 AM
i want know if this guy is sincere to me he we agreed to meet but then he sent me message telling he cant cozz his coworker is sick and he need to to fill in well is he telling the truth.
 misticmaiden
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/28/2007 10:34:00 AM
You look him right in the face and ask him! If he start laughting uncontrolably hes sincere. If it takes him time to say some dumb responce he trying to think of a way out booty call!!!!!

Just kidding but you should try it a great way to break ice ;)

Mistic
 babygirl_1
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/28/2007 10:54:54 AM
most guys just want a booty call, but if he likes u then he wouldn't blow u off, and would call u before u call him. The guy also won't put pressure on sex as most guys do. so if he doesn't call u because he didn't get any then u know he just wanted a booty call

carrie
 baytowngal77
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/1/2007 9:46:00 AM
I dont put out on the first date (always). and the father of that baby couldnt keep it in his pants. lol
 MomWarnedYouAboutMe
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/1/2007 12:10:01 PM
The only way you know if he's gonna stick around AFTERWARDS is by how he behaves before hand. You have probably already discovered a great way of finding out: Withhold sex. If he's going to stick around, he will be back for a second, third, fourth date. See, you already knew the answer!

the father of that baby couldn't keep it in his pants.

Wait, so your baby's father raped you?

If that's the case, I'm sorry. But I'm guessing that's not what you meant, so all I want to say is, it takes two to tango. Sex is mutual... if what happened wasn't mutual, then it was rape.
 OnTheBus
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/1/2007 7:40:53 PM
you can tell they are sincere when they come right out and say they want a bootycall
 wonwascallywabbit
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/1/2007 7:50:12 PM
Your way seems to be working great, weeding them out one by one. You can never know whether a person is sincere until you give them the chance to show it. Ya it sucks wasting time on players, but how else will you know. Great to see someone who's smart enough to wait and see where things are going before giving away the farm.
 Seavoyage
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2007 11:02:41 PM
There is no sure and tried way to know if a man is after your booty or not, until he flat out says it to you. Unless you can get that vibe and tell, then it's hard. Some women can tell who is a player and who is not. It is funny how guys never ask this question. You should make it clear to the person that you don't have sex with guys until you know they are good dating material, you've gotten to know them well, hung out with them. That would weed out people who want a quick one. Many men know if they just say they want to bed you, they won't get anywhere, but these guys shouldn't post their profiles here and go on some adult site.
 SlyKnight
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/2/2007 1:41:16 AM

You look him right in the face and ask him! If he start laughting uncontrolably hes sincere. If it takes him time to say some dumb responce he trying to think of a way out booty call!!!!!

Just kidding but you should try it a great way to break ice ;)

Yes! You really should do this. I'd bet money it's the best way you'll get a genuine answer in his body language & level of surprise, etc.

To be honest, most men who are into booty calls are pretty capable liars. You are not going to be able to pick up on any 'little signals'. If you want to know, you need to push him out of his frame of comfort. You have to surprise him. Fry his brains. Only then for an instant will his true intentions get out.

No matter what you do, the chances of figuring out if he's only after a booty call in the first date or two is slim to none, regardless of how well you think you can judge people. So just don't sleep with him for a while.

That will just leave you with the genuine guys, and the more patient booty callers :P
 Game0n
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/2/2007 3:21:35 AM
The more patient booty callers... LOL... that was funny.

They are ALL.... and I mean ALL after the BOOTY!!!

Everyone single guy out there is looking to throw a leg over a good looking woman
like yourself and that's just the way it is. Geeezzz... you're not new to this!!

So if they all want it and you got it... who's actually in charge? Who calls the shots?
Who's got the play book with all the rules?

You are the coach but you don't want tell the players how to play the game??

Soooo... don't hate the players... hate the game. We just want to score.
(was that pun intended)

Bottomline... make your rules/guidelines and stick to them.
My advice would be to look a for nice single dad. ;-)

Game0n
 Kahndor
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2007 4:02:02 AM
ill give you the straight poop here
and this is how it is for me
if the girl stays true and conforms to what she says
NO sidestepping issues, No dishonesty, No misinformation
absolutely who she wrote about, who she talked that she was
this includes everything: physical, mental, work, hobbies, personna, activities, personal life, etc
then no problem whatsoever and everything continues in line to where things were destined
if anything and i mean anything does not remain true, than to me, i have absoluteln no respect whatsoever and thus you waisted my time

and ill just **** you on principle and leave it at that

so what i am trying to say is just be yourself, and not what people want to see and or hear

hopefully this helps you out

everyone comes to the answerman
 miss.behaving
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/7/2007 1:16:52 AM
First off change your profile!
Its not working for you is it? Just a guess; I mean I could be wrong but, you are complaining right?
Saying that you are looking for long term on an online dating stite is a ridiculous expectation. The best you can do is meet someone that you get along with, maybe click, and see what comes out of that. Try switching to friends or dating.

It also says that you are fesh out of a relationship. Guys see that and think damaged goods. What kind of guy wants to settle down immediately with someone putting out a vibe like that? Or jump into long term period? Christ what happened to dating?

Your first date? Reaks of booty call. Why are you going out drinking with a guy that you don't know? And then baffled that he expects you to put out? You want to get to know a guy on a real level? Then stick to chatting with him for awhile, feel him out and then meet him for coffee. Thats right; a day date.

Don't be ashamed of your kids on your profile... sure put that out there but again there is a certain stigma attached to single moms. I think my male friend used the term "hey at least she goes"

Ok that turned into a rant; sorry. My actaul suggestion. The long term thing (creepy), Rethink your first dates. Take a little more time before meeting these guys that do. Make them wait. You are worth it, if they can't then it surely was a booty call mission on their part. Take out some of your bitterness from your profile and replace it with interests and hobbies. Things that make you you.

Best of luck
 reggy
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/7/2007 5:05:23 AM
depending on the circumstances get him into a very relaxed mood in the kind of environment that he is most comfortable in everyone has a comfort zone so he is very relaxed in so he is very relaxed try and get him to have a couple of drinks one very important thing is do not act out character try and get a drink or 2 in him to help him relax and when he is very calm and relaxed pay close attentoin to his facial expressoin and ask him straight to his face in a calm tone if he remains calm and says no straight out you are right if he suddenly tenses tone of voice or facial expressoin changes hes using you
 Spartan1
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/7/2007 5:23:09 AM
If a man holds your hand & gives you a hug after the 1st meeting.And does not expect booty on the 2nd ,3d date then he may be willing to invest the time to look at you as & equal and build your respect of his good character traits.
Hey the old saying> once you get it,you never forget it.Sex is great,but true friendship towards one another makes love and that is the greatest sex of all.wink
 FemmeBridgette
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/7/2007 9:05:18 AM
I read your profile baytowngal, and I have to say no wonder you are attracting losers. You state you don't want "anything serious" as you are just out of a relationship, yet you do not want a bootycall... well what is it that you DO want???

You also say you do not want to have dinner/drinks with a date because you don't want him to waste the money on you. If you do not think you are worthy of a simple date, how can you expect him to think you are worthy?

You've posted way too many pictures of your kids.

You state in your profile "No hispanic or black men" ... This makes you sound like a racist.

For your ideal date, you wrote: "A stroll around wal-mart"

Duh.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > How can u tell if he is sincere or if he's just trying to get a booty call?