Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Massachusetts  > Can a blue collar man date a college educated white collar woman      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bostonguy88
Msg: 1
Can a blue collar man date a college educated white collar womanPage 1 of 1    
I have been in this dating situation many times.I live in Boston's city center in a sea of professional people.I am fortunate to earn the money it takes to live in my location,but at the same time it is hard to find a woman who will have a serious relationship with me who lives in my area.I have no problem finding dates.The problem I have is finding a woman who wants a life in the city and who wants a long term relationship with me.
 Sabre2003
Msg: 2
Can a blue collar man date a college educated white collar woman
Posted: 3/11/2007 8:36:30 AM
Don't be in such a rush. Enjoy their company. It will happen when it is right.
Sometimes.
 capegardengirl
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/15/2007 4:25:00 PM
sabre.....Absolutely yes!...Some of the most wonderful and treasured dates and boyfriends Ive had have been blue collar workers...Maybe its cos my daddy was a blue collar worker , a small business owner, that I gravitate and feel very comfortable with a man who gets his hands dirty for a living....Also, theres something creative and earthy and sexy about doing the work of a carpenter, woodworker, builder, ect....It doesnt really matter to me what a man does for a living as long as its legal and he takes pride in doing it...
Posted: 12/24/2007 4:04:40 PM
I think it is very possible for you to date a woman with an education. I know someone who is married to a nurse who is presently getting her masters in nursing. This guy happens to be my uncle and he is a foreman/sales man for a pool company makes plenty of money. I think they are a perfect match for one an other. Thats as close as I can get if this helped the hey no problem.
 softhearted6
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/21/2008 10:17:41 AM
I am a nurse and have a MBA in business and prefer to date men in the trades......I love siding a house or banging a deck together.....worked with a man in carpentry for six years, started his business.

I am in an area of craftsmen and you are in Boston....

When I worked in a Boston Hospital I commuted to Boston,the city life was not for me.

I think it is more about the city life or living outside the city than professions.

I have dated attys, psychotherapists, business people,but the smell of sawdust.... yummy!!

Craftsmen make a lot of monet in renovation as do many men in the trades.

It is not about $, but the right woman/man.

Just my opinion.

Judy
 MysteryAngel
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/7/2008 1:19:25 PM
Dating should never be about who has what degree or job or anything similar.. it's about two people connecting on a level that transcends anything else. Matching of the minds.. sense of humor.. and attraction that says it all. If one has been to college and one hasn't.. who really cares? It's what you do with your life that matters. Am I wrong?
 FrankR002
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2008 1:37:28 AM
Absolutly you can I am dating a very nice white collar lady now and have been for over a year. I am a firefighter and also do concrete construction, she is partners in a very sucessful accounting firm, that employes 65 people with 3 offices in 3 cities in mass. At first I was a bit skeptical about it thinking what does she see in me. But then I met some of the people she deals with on a daily basis, and soon realized they are phonies. We blue collar workers for the most part are an honest bunch of hard working guys earning a liveing and I think thats what they like the most. Just my opinion and thank you for reading
 harry_
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/16/2008 7:21:44 PM
For sure!

A year or two back I dated a very nice woman who is a lawyer. I am a carpenter. I was far more concerned about differences in income than she EVER was. If she is worried about the difference, then you obviously value different things.

As far as educated... what a joke. I know far too many people with half the alphabet after their name but yet cannot figure out how to balance their check book. Smart is smart, educated is educated. The smart person is not necessarily educated (like Einstein), the educated person is not necessarily smart (we all know someone).

Also remember that something like 7 out of 10 of the WORLDS richest people made thier wealth without a degree. Bill Gates dropped out of college!
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/29/2008 10:23:13 AM
Definately! (Especially if he's handy around the house -- do you have any idea how worthless a law degree makes you for even changing lightbulbs and hanging a mirror?)

The question is, is it too boring for you if your "educated gal" takes a lit course at night or wants to spend Saturday in bed reading a book, not going out to the cape or some other activity?
 Enigma252
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/10/2008 4:52:32 PM
How about posting a decent picture of yourself?

As far as blue collar, I have a lot of friends with no college ed who read a lot and are able to carry an intelligent converstion. We just need to find common ground--with or without a BA.
Show ALL Forums  > Massachusetts  > Can a blue collar man date a college educated white collar woman