Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > do gay older younger relationships work?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 davidcassidy
Msg: 1
do gay older younger relationships work?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I would like to know your opinion as I have had my heart broken by a guy too young for me (i know that in my heart of hearts) as tweenty plus age gap and he not even 20.
I just miss him and the friendship and chats we use to have. Its not the sex or adulation either. I have lived a very sedate life and not ventured on the scene as such. He just seemed to be my kindred spirit and I could and I though he could to chat about everything.
It lasted 1 year and then he just ditched me over something so trivial it does not worth mentioning. I begged him to retain friendship but he has refused even that. I was his first, and I guess he thought he was in love.
I miss and love him so much even though he cut all ties 5 months ago. I guess there is knowing going back I would be only too happy to have contnued as a friend its what I do best. London is not a good place to be gay if you are not out and about, I have found few genuine people and of course this boy was based outside London.
I say boy as that is what he is but so mature in all he said and outlook I wish we could of met and the years be even. I built hime up and I have been left low and deflated but I should of known and not got so attached. Mid life crisis who knows but I have never felt about anyone as I did him
 MISS13
Msg: 2
do gay older younger relationships work?
Posted: 3/4/2007 8:56:01 AM
hmmm...................36years-20years=16years old?????????????

Is that legal where you live????????????????????????????????????

justme1202
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/4/2007 9:36:13 AM
I dont anywhere where the OP stated the guy was 16 he did mention that the guy was NOT yet 20.

OP Love has no bounds.
 Nicky2Tone
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/4/2007 9:48:55 AM
^^^ The guy's age in his profile is 36 and he states in his original post there is a twenty+ year age difference between him and the guy. That would make the guy (KID) 16.

I have a huge problem with any 36 yo dating a 16 yo, yes. If it's not illegal where this guy lives, it should be.
 looking4u2345
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/4/2007 9:50:56 AM
Well...you refer to him as a boy. I think you know the answer. Twenty could be too young for you. At twenty you are so much different than you are at thirty-six. At twenty I know I had completely different priorities. I was just discovering who I am. I hadn't even figured out my major. I don't think he would know enough about real life yet. I personally would not have much in common with someone so young except the obvious.

Your origingal post did say 20. I don't know where people are comming up with 16. If it is 16 that is illegal and definately WRONG. So, my answer is yes 20 is too young and 16 will get you put in jail.
 luvtolaff
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2007 9:51:11 AM
He didn't have to say the other one was 16. Do the math. He's 36 and it's a 20 year plus gap. That kind of age difference with one of them still in their teens is wrong, regarless if its a gay or straight relationship.
 looking4u2345
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/4/2007 9:56:26 AM
^^^ I thought it was just the age gap. But, people started getting me thinking. Yea, sorry but still 20 is too young. Did I say that?
 davidcassidy
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/4/2007 10:32:15 AM
sorry my mistake guy is 19 not 16 !! but yes i think as you say age gap was and is too great gap
 Nicky2Tone
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/4/2007 10:42:35 AM
^^Ok, big difference in legality there between 16 and 19. I don't think age gaps matter the older both parties are, but him being 19 would be an issue for a lot of reasons. He probably hasn't had a lot of relationships and heading into his twenties, is going to want to go out and explore. It's rare that someone that age is not only capable but desiring an actual relationship.

Not telling you how to live, but at 36 you and a 19 year old are going to be at two very different places in your lives. If you're looking for an actual, long-term relationship (Although, I doubt it since your profile says you're seeking an intimate encounter) you'd do much better seeking someone a bit older than 19.
 sillygoose
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/4/2007 11:39:58 AM
Your one sick dude for wanting to have sex with someone that is so young. Oh my gosh that is just so yucky.
 MISS13
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/4/2007 11:46:15 AM
Quite making excuses for your actions and go get some help....you're having sex with teenage boys....

And I do believe your first post is correct...20 plus age gap....you're in denial....stop backpeddling.

SOBEIT19
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2007 12:05:40 PM
YOu know, I just dont have an answer to that. I have an older friend 60's, he's single and gay, it's hard out there for him.. All he finds to date is young grifters.

Maybe if he looked for more age appropriate relationships he wouldn't be alone.. maybe not.. I just don't know. Love is hard anyway you slice it.
 Old West Hero
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/4/2007 1:21:50 PM
ITS NOT VERY EASY MEETING A GUY WHO IS GENUINE AND PURE OF MIND AND SPIRIT AS HE

As a male hetro.. all I can say is.. Gee.. I like the appeal of a sweet, young, innocent child too.. everyone finds innocence intriguing.. but HEY!!!.. we don't all go out and seduce teens, or emotionally immature people.. just so we can feel like a protective daddy, who has a dependant personality worshipping us.

edit:.. lol.. by "child", i meant innocent young person.. not "child". lol.
 Dr.Strange
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/9/2007 8:40:40 PM

Quite making excuses for your actions and go get some help....you're having sex with teenage boys....

And I do believe your first post is correct...20 plus age gap....you're in denial....stop backpeddling.

I would be inclined to agree..........stop robbing the cradle and go after some one closer to Your own age,You played with fire and got burnt.

to answer the query to Your thread question as to whether they work or not? I guess that would be a no
 jamez19
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/21/2007 11:30:34 AM
at da end of the day it does not matter wat age people r age is jus a number an if he is 16 it is legal in the uk..... if u love some1 for them then it dun matter wat age they r... i myself am a 20 year old male an i prefer older guys up to the age of 40 the guys around my way that r my age r 2 imature so dats y i go for older guys but age is not a problem remeber its jus a number.......
 blastkissed
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/21/2007 1:44:56 PM
All of your ever-so-convenient age dodging remarks have indicated to me that this is NOT yet a man, but a boy!

Welcome to the world of pedophilia and you're lucky I'm not anywhere near you or I'd castrate you myself.

Dirty S.O.B.

I'm glad he finally got away from you.

Gawd, I hate it when sick freaking people inject spiritual hocus pocus reason crap into their perverse sexuality.
 Dr.Strange
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/21/2007 3:01:28 PM

at da end of the day it does not matter wat age people r age is jus a number an if he is 16 it is legal in the uk..... if u love some1 for them then it dun matter wat age they r... i myself am a 20 year old male an i prefer older guys up to the age of 40 the guys around my way that r my age r 2 imature so dats y i go for older guys but age is not a problem remeber its jus a number.......

Legaly by law maybe? but morally it is morally inappropriate by many standards.

Welcome to the world of pedophilia and you're lucky I'm not anywhere near you or I'd castrate you myself.

By law it is not pedophilia,i'm kinda of embarrassed for you and your post,such emotion ....what would it solve ..nothing.
 -=Kalidor=-
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/21/2007 3:16:33 PM

,i'm kinda of embarrassed for you and your post,such emotion

You get used to it after a while.
 alyosha
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/21/2007 3:40:38 PM
Wow! I can't help thinking that all the negative, even hostile responses you got are because you are gay. Far as I can see loving and missing this guy is as legit and as worthy of sympathy as if you were a 36 year old hetero who'd lost a 19 year old female lover.

My condolences and hopefully you will find both straight and gay people who are more tolerant than some of those here.
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/21/2007 3:48:26 PM
OP:

I, too, wish you every happiness and luck in life.

I agree with alyosha; the bitterness and incredible hostile responses from some on here are truly pathetic simply because you're gay.
 bam-bam f
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/21/2007 4:15:56 PM
OP....seems that during your time together,it was good,but that due to ''the split because of something trivial''he was looking for a way out to move on.
you say you were his 1st,so THAT shoiuld give you an answer inside yourself.
in no way am i being rude or nasty but,your were friends/soulmates etc,but then again just maybe? you were his mentor.
you taught him what he needed to know to which he then felt the need to move on,its a shame that he felt the need to break all ties but maybe it's just his way of dealing with it,maybe im wrong???
its just a shame that you got hurt along the way.
i guess there no need for me to say what im about to but it has to be said.....someone of your age and experience is gonna hurt because he was your friend/soulmate but you also must know that theres a time to move on and find your path in life,and hopefully you are strong enough type of guy to stand up,brush yourself off and realise there are guys out there worth your time and effort.
 blastkissed
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/21/2007 4:37:22 PM
The man is 38. He states 20 +yrs age difference.

He doesn't give the kids age!!! Why? Because he knows. Wake up!

And it has nothing to do with him being gay, give me a freaking break people.
 *mandrake*
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/21/2007 4:48:37 PM
I'm looking at the same figures as blastkissed, and I keep coming up with the same feelings. He is just a "kid". That is a sad situation. Find a man, and leave the boys alone.!! You deserve what you got and more!
 Dr.Strange
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/21/2007 5:00:01 PM

I'm looking at the same figures as blastkissed, and I keep coming up with the same feelings. He is just a "kid". That is a sad situation. Find a man, and leave the boys alone.!! You deserve what you got and more!

well at least the OP is not threatening some one's genitals,how does that make it right
just a little too much gay hate crime for Me.
 bam-bam f
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/21/2007 5:02:45 PM
age was given in message 8. read above ^^^^^
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > do gay older younger relationships work?