Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why do guys always ask for more pics?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 blueyedbabe49
Msg: 1
Why do guys always ask for more pics?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Hey guys, why do you always want to see more pics of us women when we have 8 pics on our ads here? I get this all the time from guys who only have ONE pic on their ads which is usually not a good pic of them. Yet I hardly EVER ask to see another pic of them. What's wrong with THAT picture??? Please clue me in
 mark j w
Msg: 2
Why do guys always ask for more pics?
Posted: 3/4/2007 5:11:06 PM
ok when a guy takes an intrest into you, they need a lot of visual aids because from what i no not many of us have an imagination, and if they do it normally only goes one way! or there just being greedy, or there trying to see if the new pics your sending are all the same hence, then they no you have a webcam!
 misticmaiden
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/4/2007 5:37:57 PM
because there hoping for a nude pic lol.
 richard233
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2007 5:39:26 PM
I guess it would depend on your pics.
Have you seen "myspace the movie" on youtube?
Part of it has to do with the "myspace angles" which meant that the pictures really don't
give you a good idea of what they really look like, just idealize pieces.
Other examples of this are the glamour photos which use clothes, lighting, and poses to
optimize the image.

As to guys having bad photos, well, lots of us don't have photos taken that often of us.
In my case, I usually get photos only when I'm with someone, and I feel cutting them out
is kind of tacky.
 Moontress
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/4/2007 5:46:39 PM

because there hoping for a nude pic lol

Agreed. I was just going to say that. lol
 techgirl27
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2007 5:49:54 PM
If they want more pics, it means they uhm, like you, or think they might like you.

It means they want to "see more". And yes, that too, but in general, it means well overall.
 JDRHODES
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/4/2007 6:05:27 PM
Well the way I see it which I never ask that anyways, but most women on here post only a head shot. Lets be honest guys dont care about just your face, they want to know what else you have or dont have. I have fallen for that pose once, never again.
 867love
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/4/2007 11:40:41 PM
They may be intrigued, and want to learn as much as they can about you.
I would be more worried if they started sending you pics of themself -and other parts of their bod...
 Lookinginfresno
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2007 12:07:20 AM
I believe it can go both ways. Just ask him way and he should tell you why he wants more picyures. It can take the guessing out of the equation.
 Jameseroo
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/5/2007 6:08:34 AM
Asking for more (recent) pictures serves as a validation of a visual connection that is being made.
 Foxx Mulder
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/5/2007 6:58:37 AM
First of all, not all guys ask for more pictures. Your statement makes you appear to be stupid, and very ignorant!!!!!!!!!!! Second of all, why does it bother you that someone asks for more pictures of you? If you are not interested in them, tell them no, and move on. If you are interested in them, and happen to have more pictures, then why would this bother you?
 blueyedbabe49
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/5/2007 8:24:17 AM
Dear "Sir" Foxx,
After reading various responses from you in these forums, I see that you have a pattern of referring to people whom you don't agree with by the word "ignorant".....which, in my personal opinion, makes you a ROYAL ASS! So if you have nothing else to do but slam posters here then why would you even grace us with your appearance??

NUFF SAID!!
 millwrightpaul
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/5/2007 8:37:29 AM
we men are visual creatures. what we relate to is what we can see. while women are excited by the written or spoken word, men respond more to visual stimuli. we are not looking for a nude picture, if we were, we wouldn't be on POF where they are not allowed.

besides, men like to look at beautiful women, so if a man is asking for more pictures, you can generally take that as a compliment.
 !somewhere
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/5/2007 8:45:09 AM

you always want to see more pics of us women when we have 8 pics on our ads here?
why not consider that a compliment?

If the guy saw one pic of you, and didn't want to see any more, maybe that wouldn't be a good thing?
 blueyedbabe49
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/5/2007 9:03:15 AM
Thanks guys, point well taken and I appreciate your input. You're right, it is a compliment most of the time but I think other posts here are correct too. Sometimes they are just looking for more revealing pics and I SHOULD ask them if that is what they want.
 indianrose
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2007 9:44:26 AM
what is it men are visual creatures and women arent?? as for op if they ever ask you for more just sure hon but you send one and I will and if he wants another one do the same till he gives up, lol .same with the friggin webcam if the notice you have a webcam picture lordy lord they will drill you to the end to put your webcam on atlease with most men, unless they have a webcam too it is a littlebetter.
 Foxx Mulder
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/5/2007 10:26:26 AM
I refer to some one as ignorant because of the things they do, or say, not because they disagree with me. If you can produce a thread, or quote, that you have seen me do this, post the link. If you can't produce this, you will not only be ignorant, but also a liar.
Your statement implied that all men ask you for pictures. I know this statement that you have made, is incorrect, because I am a guy and I have never asked you, nor any women for more pictures. Since I have never asked you, your statement is therefor a generalization. The statement then becomes an ignorant one. If you are unable to see why this statement, is wrong, then you my dear, are in fact ignorant.
 sometimes_miss
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/5/2007 12:07:34 PM
We're ruling out the negatives. Guys work kind of backwards; we go for anything as long as there's nothing about you that turns us off, because if there is, then sex can't happen and both of us will eventually be disappointed.
 blueyedbabe49
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/5/2007 1:26:50 PM
These forums are for posting your opinions on the thread that is posted, not for verbally abusing other forum users Foxx. I reported you for doing such.
 smith2267
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/5/2007 2:12:19 PM
Some of us are too polite to ask for a sexy pic, but we want to leave the door open for you send us one if you get the urge.

Not necessarily nude, maybe a bikini pic or something.
 gotphish?
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/6/2007 12:17:58 AM
You do have about 7 or 8 pics but from what i can tell just about all are blurred expect maybe 1 or 2. so by asking for more pics we hope we can see a good crystal clear pic.
 truebluewing357
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/6/2007 12:37:59 AM
Men are a very visual bunch. We need visual stimulation.
 spannna
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/6/2007 1:45:01 AM
I realise im not male but had to laugh when i read that some guys are to polite to ask for a sexy pic???? omg how many woman here have been asked flat out for sexy ones? if they want bikini or semi nude ones i just tell them to look at the top 500. 90% of the chicks on there are 1/2 dressed leaving less to the imagination than brittany spears....
 CloneAlone
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2007 3:27:04 AM
You have lots of pics so they think it obvious you don't mind taking pics of yourself. At that point they ask for more hoping to get a 'good one'.
Start sending pics of stuff like your dog, your breakfast, your shoes and see what they do.

Clone
 smith2267
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/6/2007 5:37:30 AM
>>I realise im not male but had to laugh when i read that some guys are to polite to ask for a sexy pic????

I guess I'm weird then. I would feel awkward asking for one, unless the girl already had similar pics on her profile.
That doesn't mean I don't want one...
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why do guys always ask for more pics?