Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Footage of a "witch" flying in Mexico (from the news)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 V1DG4M3R
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Footage of a "witch" flying in Mexico (from the news) Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Footage of a "witch" flying in Mexico (from the news)
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e27_1173581537
Some freaky stuff going on there, dunno what to say about this...

except...

OOOGA BOOOGA!!!
 rockondon
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Footage of a witch flying in Mexico (from the news)
Posted: 3/19/2007 9:17:17 PM
in unrelated news, I notice that april isn't too far away
 cougar99
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/19/2007 9:25:41 PM

Footage of a "witch" flying in Mexico (from the news)

If she had a bag she could of been a drug mule, at least she won't have to worry about border patrol.
 lotacus
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/19/2007 9:43:58 PM
LMAO. Crazy mexicans.
 Love_on_fire
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/19/2007 10:54:51 PM
Wow, and these people actually beleive it was a witch? I wonder who that was, and how they pulled off that sprank.

I think this should maybe be in the current events forum.
 Bright1Raziel
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/20/2007 12:22:56 AM
With such grainy footage it could be just about anything.

The simple explanation would be it is a hoax. It is not a very dificult thing to hoax either, just fill a few ballons full of helium, paint a face on them and glue some light cloth to them. They do not even have to be very realistic because at that hight they would barely be visable. they would be easy to move around too, just attach a string to the bottom of the ballon and tie it to your truck.

Its a very simple thng to hoax this video footage beacuse it is of such poor quality and shows very little.
 Love_on_fire
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/20/2007 6:49:39 PM
What gets me is that the law inforsement in Mexico they seemed to be freaked out about this too. I mean obviously one would have thought that they would have known it was a prank or hoax. But they even claimed (if I remember correctly) thet they felt threatened?
 nedly
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/20/2007 8:50:55 PM
It's not much different than the "flying cars" and "lawnmowers" you see on Youtube.

They look VERY realistic but are simply remote control airplanes.

A few balloons and a bit of plastic sheet and a wind and there you go. Just the plastic sheet caught up in a wind will do. ( Notice the black Witch changes to a clear/white colour when it passes in front of the hill. - just a change in backlight)

When I was a kid we would throw sheets of newspapers into a narrow cleft in a school building. If the wind was just right the paper would spin around like it was caught in a tornado and rise up like magic. I watched one sheet rise right out of sight perhaps as much as 500' straight up without leaving the school parking lot area. It could easily have been mistaken for a UFO because it moved so slowly and completely against the wind.

I learned a lot more about "real science" playing in that parking lot than I did in school.
 AwesomeNerd9
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2007 12:17:21 AM
It looks like someone filmed in slow motion and backwards riding a zipline to me...

As for the cops, we all know how honest Mexican cops are, my bet is that they got hurt doing something they shouldn't have been doing and seized on this as a good explanation for their wounds.
 sum1reel
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/21/2007 1:11:59 PM
films and photos are the easiest thing to fake.

its amazing that after all these years of bogus film clips of bigfoot, UFOs, etc....that ppl still fall for this kinda stuff!
 lateā„¢
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/21/2007 1:25:39 PM
http://www.3d-nut.com/videos/wilga.wmv

It's a witch!

When I was a kid we would throw sheets of newspapers into a narrow cleft in a school building. If the wind was just right the paper would spin around like it was caught in a tornado and rise up like magic. I watched one sheet rise right out of sight perhaps as much as 500' straight up without leaving the school parking lot area. It could easily have been mistaken for a UFO because it moved so slowly and completely against the wind.

We used to use candles/drinking straw frames, and dry-cleaning bags for UFOs in the winter, ...they go straight up and then the wind makes the move around, two or three of them flying in formation used to spook the rural folk silly. You can see them for miles, the whol bag lights up.

Seal the hanger-hole in the DC bag by placing it between a folded pice of newspaper and ironing it. put the birthday candles on a cross-frame made out of straws. It works best if you fill the bag with hot air from a hair-dryer first.
 UrbanX
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/21/2007 3:51:46 PM
A video of a witch!

Throw it in a pond! If it sinks, it was a video of a witch! If it floats, it isn't!

Wait! That's too complicated. What else floats? I know! A video of a duck! If the video of the alleged witch weighs more than the video of the duck, then it's a video of a witch all right!

Then we burn it.

Cheers,
Mike (ah, the crackle of burning mpegs)
 SapphyreSkye
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/21/2007 4:42:22 PM
Thanks for the link...that was great fun! I love the use of the word "humanoid". It was mentioned that there are strange things flying above this town; so why don't they use a type of camera that can actually zoom in on these humanoids and other phenomena to get much more detailed footage? I wonder why they don't they try to capture said humaoids.
 M2k7
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/21/2007 6:53:01 PM
I find it interesting that when people can't explain something, it automatically dips into the supernatural. And why is it when something is captured on film, it's always taken by the most untalented , crappy, photographers?
 SweetTreat
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2007 7:18:38 PM
http://www.3d-nut.com/videos/wilga.wmv

It's a witch!

That's cool! I want me one of those LOL I could have fun with that! Was it remote controlled? I saw that they threw it up but it seemed like there was something coming out of the broom part.

It was mentioned that there are strange things flying above this town; so why don't they use a type of camera that can actually zoom in on these humanoids and other phenomena to get much more detailed footage?

I always thought that down in Mexico that they are very superstitious and truly beleive in this kind of occurance and take it seriously and not as a joke, maybe they are too "scared" to go out and seek stuff like this on film?

I find it interesting that when people can't explain something, it automatically dips into the supernatural. And why is it when something is captured on film, it's always taken by the most untalented , crappy, photographers?

It's unexaplainable and they seem to beleive it was a witch, so I can see why its deemed "supernatural". It was probably caught on a camera by a tourist, or just a normal person using their video camera, not a "professional".

It was entertaining to say the least..but not as entertaining as the link late provided...again..I want me a witch like that!
 Love_on_fire
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/21/2007 8:48:11 PM

I always thought that down in Mexico that they are very superstitious and truly beleive in this kind of occurance and take it seriously and not as a joke, maybe they are too "scared" to go out and seek stuff like this on film?

LOl....well hey you never know, they may find these sorts of things totally fricky, I mean this did not happen in America (where most of the hoax(cough)...I mean phenomena like this happens) and yeah mexicans use witches in their folklore alot sooooooaaahhuuummm......yeah I think that is a fair assumption.
 Srgnt
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/22/2007 8:17:20 PM
LOL this is er a ummmm ........... well lets begin shall we ... Im a witch ... (chirp chirp) yes a real live witch and guess what folks I can't fly and no other practicing witch I know can either, I wish I could it would make getting to work so much easier and faster. Obviously a person with too much free time on their hands got high and soon after felt crafty ( no pun intended ) any the who back to the realy real world all.

srgnt
 lady-fair
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/22/2007 8:20:39 PM
I think people have too much time on their hands. *g* nifty little gimic though.
 e-wok
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/25/2007 4:40:48 AM
It's no coincidence that in the digital-camera age, the dude who
actually has the opportunity to capture pics of aliens or
witches is carrying with him an '80's camcorder and nobody
with him has the sense to snap a digital pic from their cell-cams. LOL
 Gypsygirl29
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/25/2007 3:25:30 PM
It's got to be a hoax. Poor quality of the video - could easily be a toy helicopter or something else that has been dressed up to look like a witch. Ufo? Doubtful. Besides, witches only use brooms to sweep their floors now adays.
 Justin Case Sr.
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/7/2007 2:02:39 AM
Funny stuff.

What can ya say.......it was real......and it was fun....but was it real fun?
Perhaps
 TouchSamadhi
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2007 8:30:58 AM
thats stupid, what would be the purpose of flying on a broom for a sorceress?
enjoying the view?
the real shamans in mexico would never be seen doing anything so extraordinary.
 skypoetone
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/7/2007 12:57:08 PM
pssssst! it was my ex-mother-in-law on acid.
 Stonestongue
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/7/2007 1:44:50 PM
Maybe she took a class from Kriss Angel?
 skypoetone
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/7/2007 4:41:12 PM
Kriss Angel? What's with that guy? You should open a new thread after what I just saw... the "half woman" thing, that is so bizarre!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Footage of a "witch" flying in Mexico (from the news)