Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > FEATURE: Fish Personality      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 plzd2meetu
Msg: 1
FEATURE: Fish PersonalityPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Hi folks. I am confused about the new option about personality type. I have completed the questionnaire about this, and my result was INFP...however, how do I use that information to decide which sea creature I am? When I started the questionnaire I read that upon completion my type would show in my profile. Maybe I am misunderstanding something? Thank you very much!
 plzd2meetu
Msg: 2
sea creatures/personalities question
Posted: 4/3/2007 6:53:27 PM
Dear Moderator,
Thank you very much. I thought I was missing something or my blonde roots were showing. I was under the assumption that by answering the personality quiz questions, I would automatically be assigned a sea creature. Thanks again!
 Colin S
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/4/2007 3:38:06 PM
yes, i too assumed exactly that. That once I did that REALLY ANNOYING AND STUPID personality test my effort would be rewarded with a fish personality. no such luck.

I'll be nice and not complain that Jung never intended his personality types to be perverted by Myers & Briggs.

GIGO
 SmooshMe
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2007 11:29:55 PM
me too - and i am definitely a brunette! lol

in edit profile section you can choose your fish personlity - so when you see the link for testing your personlity type - you would assume that's what it is referring to.

maybe there should be some definitions (just one-liners would do) written for the fish personlaities
 Silver Surfer
Msg: 5
view profile
History
NEW FEATURE: Fish Personality - sea creatures/personalities question
Posted: 4/6/2007 5:59:40 PM
I just spent ages filling in the very long questionnaire only to be be told to stop wasting time as I had opted to use the first option more than ten times. Now I don't remember reading that this was a rule.
but, when in my opinion on a question the two answers were equal then I had no other option so I think it was unfair to to be so rude. Especially as this is an experimental stage.
Kindness is a virtue don't you know!

To add insult ... up came the questionnaire minus my answers. Surly had I gone over the max for option 1, you could have at least given me my submitted version to peruse and see if I could change my mind..... makes sense to me!

oh! and by the way.... the fish thing was a breeze! (not that I really understand the point but I do like dophins!)
 SingleFather2Kids
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2007 3:31:55 PM
how do you know what fish you are? i mean. I have no idea.
 guernsey_donkey
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/28/2007 5:34:48 PM
I'm sorry I can't help but this thread made me laugh so much I inhaled my coffee and nearly choked.

HELP!
 Waxpoetic
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2007 7:06:28 AM
I just chose "Turtle"...that way I'd have my "virtual shell" with me... and not be shy about sending "virtual Teddie Bears" or "virtual Glasses of Wine"!... Am I a Turtle? You bet your sweet ass I am!
 angelle2007
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/29/2007 2:31:23 PM
I'm sooooooo glad to know that i wasn't the only one being all confused and laughing at this subject alone......i just guessed at my sea creature.....nothing is THAT easy...is it?
 fyremoon
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/30/2007 7:47:10 AM
Is the sea creature more of a label than a personality trait?

I chose starfish because it sounded colourful and bright and the sort of personality I show to the world.
 agentofevolution
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/18/2007 12:04:14 PM
Has anyone met a bottom dweller yet,kinda scary if you ask me in the dark dwelling ,Waiting for the small happy fish to swim past (curse my vivid imagination).
now i'll never sleep.
 psychchick28
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2007 12:53:31 PM
personally i think little descriptions of the personalities are a great idea! i took the quiz too and was disappointed by no suggested fish personality. i think something needs to be added there!
 DrDreIII
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2007 9:34:59 AM
Finally, the forum I've been looking for

I have had the same question about the fish thingy. I think it falls in the same category as dreams, where dreams can only be interpreted by the person who had the dream, not by some psychologist or psychic guru. Perhaps thats why no definitions are attached, to make a conversation piece or in other words , to help spark up a conversation other than "Hows the weather there?", instead "Why that particular fish?". There is no denying that everyone is different, even by one degree and that is why the fishies are there just to incite curiosity on the person looking at your profile ; )

I think the Personality and Compatibility tests do enough to give the searcher an idea about who you are. The fish is to fill in any gaps the Personality and Compatibility tests missed about you. In fact, both of those tests do warn that their results are not entirely accurate, but as close as possible in describing you. Any two people can pick the same fish but have a different interpretation, which is why there are people that will find you either attractive or not even though they are looking at the same person.

This is the most logical explanation I can think of about the personality fishies

Ticketoride
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/27/2007 10:18:18 PM
I think the Personality and Compatibility tests do enough to give the searcher an idea about who you are. The fish is to fill in any gaps the Personality and Compatibility tests missed about you.

Related Links:Profiles: Your Fish Personality
 CatLadyNeko
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/11/2008 8:15:53 PM
I chose "Catfish" because, well...I am the cat lady!
 4rum
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/12/2008 7:11:55 AM
I believe the 'fish personality' was created as a fun option for a conversation starter.

I did a google search and most didn't get past one click. I chose big mouth bass because it appealed to me on a couple of levels.
 Carol423
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2008 9:17:04 PM
I HAD to LOL!!! When I read this answer! I haven't heard the Turtle question and answer in FOREVER!!! (Now I'm trying to remember the initiation questions.... LOL!!! Thanks for the laugh! and memories!
 yshi_isld
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/25/2008 11:19:02 AM
I took the personality quiz and got the "wrong" type and wish to delete it from the site. According to this site, I am an INTJ but I am really an INTP, the latter of which is the type I've scored every time I've taken the quiz, even just months ago.

So, is there a way to retake/remove my current INTJ?
 TheDirtyBen
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/25/2008 9:59:12 PM
You can choose to have some fun with the Fish Personalities, or not.

For instance, with my username I, naturally, chose the clownfish.
 KittyKatKat67
Msg: 20
view profile
History
FEATURE: Fish Personality
Posted: 7/18/2009 1:33:00 PM
I found a site that does fish quizzes if you can't figure out which one you would want to be. This one is pretty good:

http://ashira.blogspot.com/2008/07/what-fish-are-you.html
 just_al
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/18/2009 1:59:04 PM
played the fish game.....eeeeek turns out im a hammerhead shark

As an extremely adapted predator, you use your oddly shaped head to increase your ability to find prey. Your eyes and nostrils are located on both ends of your hammer shaped head. Your vertebrae are especially designed for quick turns and maneuvering. Ranging in size from 3 feet to 20 feet long, you can weigh up to 1,000lbs. You feed on fish, crustaceans and especially enjoy eating rays. You prefer warm temperate and tropical water, and can be found swimming along coastlines and continental shelves in the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian Oceans and the Mediterranean and Black Seas. You may even catch a tan while swimming in shallow waters. During the day you often swim in large schools, sometimes containing more than 100 fellow hammerheads, but prefer to hunt alone at night.

As true with most shark species, you are in danger of becoming extinct. Highly sought after, your fins are considered an expensive delicacy (used to make shark fin soup), your liver oil is often used to make vitamins, and your skin is use to make leather. While people are not legally permitted to catch you, you are often caught by longlines and driftnets, and rarely make it out alive.

duck46
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/30/2009 1:42:46 AM
Check this web site for your fish personality.
http://www.youthink.com/quiz.cfm?action=go_detail&sub_action=take&obj_id=503

After you take this quiz you will know what kind of fish you are.
 25brent25
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/3/2009 7:33:05 AM
thats the same sit weve all been getting. leaves me wondering what i am aha!?
 scenicsolitude
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2010 2:18:25 PM
this is a great insight. i like your explanation
 braveisanoun
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/14/2010 3:18:19 AM
I dunno, the personality test was fun to answer but, my reason for takin' it was to be assigned a fish species. :-P

Hmm, which fish should be added to the list?
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > FEATURE: Fish Personality