Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why does he always tell me to call him?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FishSense
Msg: 1
Why does he always tell me to call him?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
There's this guy that I like. We chat on the phone every now and then and he always tells me to call him (not a problem) but why doesn't he call me? I'm not really complaining I'm just curious. I WILL NOT ask him because he is just a friend, not a boyfriend or anything like that. So, I'm not gonna come out and ask him that. It just would be awkward being that we are just friends (even though I wish we were more lol)

I think he tells everyone to call him. LoL
 EKboyInTheCity
Msg: 2
Why does he always tell me to call him?
Posted: 4/14/2007 2:21:02 PM
My guess would be that it's his way of knowing if someone likes him enough to be with. Kind of insecure, but that could be a misperception. Maybe it will change as he begins to realize you really do like him and vice-versa.
 BReal
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2007 2:32:22 PM
I have to admit...I'm one of those guys. For the people that know me, they seem to be ok with it. I have no problems calling someone back, but in general, I'm not a phone guy and keep phone conversations short.

The only exception to this is family, very close friends or the lady I might be dating at the time.
 Handsomesque
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/14/2007 2:38:19 PM
Well, it's a little harder to tell if he's just a friend... but I usually won't call a girl I like unless she's expecting me to... sending her texts seems to be way more effective, and less awkward/intrusive. Maybe you should make a move and ask him out for coffee? He may not put as high a priority on it because he thinks of you guys as just friends who chat from time to time.
Posted: 4/14/2007 2:57:13 PM
Seems to me if he was really yer friend you wouldnt have any trouble discussing this with him... Or maybe I have a twisted and distorted idea of *Friendship*.
 StarreGazer
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/14/2007 3:02:04 PM

I WILL NOT ask him because he is just a friend

Hmm, you asked a question and then answered it yourself in the same post. Good show!

He is JUST a "friend". He knows that. On top of that, he is probably much like me and doesn't like to waste time talking on the telephone.
 CityWomansk
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/14/2007 4:11:21 PM
Maybe he likes the sound of the phone ringing.

~CityWomansk~
 FishSense
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/14/2007 7:05:20 PM
Well, he told me he didn't want a relationship with anyone. I never admitted to liking him or ever told him. lol But he always tells me to call him. lol
 ruckus123
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2007 10:18:59 PM
Maybe he doesn't want to bother you so if you call him that means you are free to talk.

Or maybe he pays for outgoing calls from his home fone and he's too cheap?

Ask him....
 matt0585
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/14/2007 10:27:09 PM
I hate phones personally, I always return calls, but I just don't like calling people. (I don't want to bother people if they're busy)

Some people are like that.

There are exceptions though, family, people I'm dating etc.
 Vitiate
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/14/2007 11:35:13 PM
Simple...he's busy and would never find the time to call you.

You wanna talk to him, you'll be calling him.
 zombies are chasing me
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/15/2007 1:03:11 AM
eh~ I'm kinda like that guy when it comes to calling girls I guess if they call me then I know its a good time for them. whereas the other way around I may be catching them at an inconvenience. I'd just rather go and message them on aim or something ya know lol. :) Yeah I know it doesn't make much sense. hehe but I'm not ocd with it or anything I'll call a girl if she hints to it or it's important. :)

Btw.. if your interested in this dude then tell him lol come on! ;-)
 JewDough
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/4/2007 11:50:00 AM
Probably has a cell phone with unlimited incoming calls, and doesn't want to get slammed with overages.
 Rock City Livin
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/4/2007 12:15:21 PM
Maybe he has his phone set to vibrate and keeps it in his tickly spot..
 TigerBlackHawk
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/4/2007 12:53:11 PM
Hard to say, maybe he is worried he'll call you at the wrong time.

I worry about calling a woman only to find I disturbed her when she was really busy.
And he might be hoping to become a boyfriend in his future with you.
Never know for sure about us guys without sitting us down and talking about it. Most people make that mistake of not communicating with each other.
 prettyric
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2007 12:56:04 PM

Maybe he has his phone set to vibrate and keeps it in his tickly spot..

...yeah he gets off on knowing his girlfriend is calling while tikling is tickler, but finally anwsers it and its Big Al from Big Al's plumbing service... (|) hooowll
 braindrain22
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/4/2007 1:04:42 PM
If he wanted to call you he would. So take a hint. He is likely being polite. I have a few aquaintances whom I find less than interesting in the conversation department, but I can't be rude and tell them stop calling me. They are great people but a little boring for me. So I have not desire to call them but they do call me weekly for a quick chat.
 modernclassic
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/4/2007 1:18:14 PM
Maybe he doesn't want outgoing calls on his cell-phone bill where someone could see them. Don't want to get you paranoid, but do you know where he works and lives?
 KiteGuy321
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2007 4:32:33 PM
Best guess is that he doesn't want to bother you... Have you ever hung up with him because you were busy or had another phone call? It only takes once or twice before a guy just says, "screw it, call me when you are ready to talk..."
 Mecheng001
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/4/2007 4:36:05 PM

Best guess is that he doesn't want to bother you... Have you ever hung up with him because you were busy or had another phone call? It only takes once or twice before a guy just says, "screw it, call me when you are ready to talk..."

Exactly!

It only takes one time to piss me off like that...
 Heather46
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/4/2007 4:52:52 PM
I agree with braindrain22 on this one, [ If he wanted to call you he would. ]
also this way he doesn't have to remember to call you and you don't get your feelings hurt, you'll know for sure when he starts having to hang up for whatever reason.or even not answering the phone when seeing your number. You should at LEAST tell him to give you a call then WAIT to see if it ever happens , hey if he don't call then girl ya got your answer..Good luck!
 mysteriosa
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2007 5:02:41 PM
Personally, I wouldn't bother. If he's not even going to make the effor to call you, what sort of friend is he? If you want him to be more, then you are onto a bit of a loser here. You deserve someone who is not only going to call, but is willing to travel if necessary. You just need to up your requirements of a man. This isn't to say you should never call him, but I do believe men like the chase and don't appreciate what they can get easily. It's a matter of self-respect and you already know that.
 sugarbandit
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/4/2007 5:22:25 PM
I have a friend who wants me to call him too because he lives in another town and doesent own a cell phone so I call him on my cell phone so he wont get charged for it...lol Maybe your friend has the same problem :)
 sirviver
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2007 8:05:30 PM
Maybe he has a really good ringtone and likes to jam to it before answering the phone
 crashtestedok
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/4/2007 9:14:28 PM
HAHA.... It's an attraction button baby. Don't ask me why, I don't know. It just is. Obviously, it's working.

You gotta turn it around on him.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why does he always tell me to call him?