Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  > Etiquette for adding a person to favorites list      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 trueblueredhead
Msg: 1
Etiquette for adding a person to favorites listPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Is there some type of proper etiquette for adding someone to your favorites??? I have always sent a message first, so that the person knows that I have actually read their profile, and the reason for adding them......I have had some men just randomly add me, with no message and no contact after that time.

What do you do when you decide to add a person to your favs??? And am I being fussy about wanting a man to at least send me one message before he adds me to his favs??

Thanks!

I_AM_
Msg: 2
Etiquette for adding a person to favorites list
Posted: 4/16/2007 10:31:28 AM
I usually add someone to my favorites if I want to look over their profile in more detail at a later time. I don't email them first because I don't know if I want to email them yet.
 Geneseo
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/16/2007 10:32:15 AM
I only allow people to put me on their favorites list, after they have had sex with me.

If you are on that list, thank you, and yes, it did mean something special
 Rae Rae
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/16/2007 12:12:34 PM
^^^ hilarious^^^
People put me on their faves all the time and do not contact me.
I put some people on my faves because I figure they are somewhat interesting or intelligent and I want to look up what they have said in the forums......not always because I find them attractive....
 InkedRed
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/16/2007 12:28:07 PM
I put people on my fave list if they interest me or if they're already my friend.

Doesn't matter to me if someone adds me to theirs, I like going through it. Sometimes I'm even brave enough to messege them.

I assume someone adds me cause something about my profile was interesting to them.
 Renaissanceman43
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/16/2007 12:46:32 PM
I'll add someone to my favorite list only after reading over their profile. For me it's a message that I see some commonalities and perhaps further contact is warranted somewhere down the lign. If you're on my favorite list chances are i've already contacted you or tried to contact you either via email or live chat if that option is open on your profile. I usually remove you if there is no further contact on your part or no interest is shown. Usually after about a week or so.
 Sassylittlething
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/16/2007 1:15:02 PM
I usually add someone to my favorites if I want to look over their profile in more detail at a later time. I don't email them first because I don't know if I want to email them yet.

I remove myself from people's favourites who do this, but THATS me.

I only add my friends or people I know.

*goes off to clean the favourites up* LOL
Posted: 12/26/2008 9:59:18 AM
I was thoroughly chastised for adding someone to my favorites list without their permission. FYI I use that list for the profiles that interest me. If this offends you please then delete me. No need to send a nasty-gram!
 ~FemmeHeureux~
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/26/2008 10:21:47 AM
I think that the big fish gave the "favorites" list the wrong name. It really should be called "bookmarks". And I agree...if someone adds you and you aren't interested then just remove yourself from their list. Really what's the big deal??

How does the favorites list work for me?

If I add someone it is because there is something about their profile that interests me. If they then add me I may email them if I am interested in making a connection...and am feeling brave...

If someone adds me I look at their profile and see if they are someone I am interested in. 1) If they are I will add them to mine and wait to see if they email me. 2) If they might be someone I may be interested in I will not add them to my list but will wait to see if they send an email that might pique my interest. 3) If I am not interested I remove them :)

It's sort of like a wink in the real world.

Man winks and I know I am interested I wink back.

Man winks and I'm not sure I smile and wait for his next move.

Man winks and I'm not interested I ignore him.

So that's my take on the list LOL And now everyone that's on my favorites list and everyone that has me on theirs knows what's up

Happy Holidays everyone
 What do u want
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/26/2008 1:00:07 PM
You may want to have a look at this forum: why do people add you to their favorites and never contact you?
Posted: 10/29/2006 714 PM
It may give you more insight into favorites lists.
 JimmyAAA
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2008 2:23:26 AM
I use the favourites list as a bookmark list as well. I can't say that I have 70 favourites (it is more like 15) but mostly it is when a girl catches my eye. I usually add her and then try and mail her shortly after. I try and take time when I send a message so i don't like just dashing off a message.

As well anyone I have had any series of IMs or messages back or forth I generally add.
 puss_boots2008
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/27/2008 10:27:24 AM
then why did you add me to your favourites list? And where is my message?......Ha ha

Boots
 Cal_Ab
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/28/2008 2:25:26 PM
Myself, I use the favourites list as bookmarks. If I see a profile that I like, I'll add it to my list and plan to look it over again or make contact later.

I won't make contact unless I know that I'll have dedicated time to offer and have looked over your profile a few times to be sure that something may be there. As long as you are on my list, I do have some interest in getting to know you - even if it's just as a friend, or just to meet once, for dinner, coffee or a walk.

If you find yourself on my list but I haven't contacted you, feel free to send me a message. Let me know what you think of my profile and why I added you. You can remove yourself from my list at anytime if you'd rather not be on it.

calgarycatwoman
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/28/2008 6:21:08 PM
i dunno i simply add them for future reference if i think they look cute in their profile or seem interesting
 drew8472
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/2/2009 7:20:45 PM
I've heard that from some women on here but I cannot understand it. Personally I think favourites are a good way of gauging interest. I actually used to write messages to ladies I was interested in, but many times, for some unknown reason to me, they wouldn't write back, if only to say that they weren't interested in corresponding. This favourites thing saves time and energy that would otherwise be wasted.

I think if you like the advert, add it to your favourites list. Wait for a short time to see if they have viewed your profile and if they have added you in return, then you may send a written message. If they don't add you to their favourites or if they don't send you a message, then you might assume that they're not interested. As far as etiquette goes, I don't think there isn't anything wrong with it.
 equip_girl
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/2/2009 7:29:48 PM
Say Please.

Say please may I. (message to short).
 edmonfella
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/2/2009 8:42:54 PM
I take it as a compliment and let it be... maybe some people read too much into things.
 areelady
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2009 9:00:38 PM
Yes I agree....I accept it as a compliment and yet I think that I dissappoint most because I do not reply because they do not send me a msg. I do check out their profile and then if something does mutually connect as far as interest etc....then I will add them to my faves also. Otherwise, dunno.....
 Fox Zoo
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/2/2009 9:03:07 PM
umm... ditto to edmonfella

Stop reading so much into things... Someone liked your profile, big deal.

They added you because they liked your profile. They LIKE YOU.
 areelady
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2009 10:25:53 PM
I dont really think a person adds another to their fave list just because....It might be because they are interested....NOT because they Like you. That is a bit too teenage/crush........As far as reading something into what is probably not....that is really what it is....relax....we all grow up whether we want to or not
 equip_girl
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/2/2009 10:35:26 PM
I have a crush on someone on my favourites list...

I'd tell him but then he might want to go on a date and then what?
 desiree1960
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/2/2009 10:43:17 PM
dunno whats wrong with crushes?
 Ms.F***ingSunshine
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/2/2009 11:01:32 PM
equip gurl

what happens is you live happily ever after and come back here and make a joint profile...

smiliegirl15
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/3/2009 1:03:14 AM
Haha to the comment - someone might like you - then what would they do!!!
Yes someone might like you if you're added to a favourites list - that's what it means if you're added to mine. If you don't find the feeling mutual, delete yourself off the list - no harm no foul. If you do, then by all means, send a message; it will be well received.
 ratherBgolfing
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/3/2009 10:58:30 AM

I have a crush on someone on my favourites list.

Oh stop it equip girl. You're making me blush.
Hey, wait a minute. I'm not on your list.
Never mind
Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  > Etiquette for adding a person to favorites list