Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Do you think relationships work if you only see each other at weekend      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Amberetta
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Do you think relationships work if you only see each other at weekends?Page 1 of 1    
Im starting a new relationship but duee to work for the next year im only going to be able to see him at weekends. Do you think you could last in a relationship where you only saw each other at wknds? or would you be ever be tempter to cheat during the week??????i mean i dont think he would, but id like aguys opinion do u think u can have a proper relationship seein each other only at weekends???
 browolf
Msg: 2
Do you think relationships work if you only see each other at weekends?
Posted: 4/25/2007 10:00:58 AM
My last relationship was exactly like that as we're both people that have our own lives and also like time to ourselves. A little distance was involved too. It suited us both to a T. How a relationship works is whatever works for both parties. who is to say that isnt proper.
 Joe_Stunna
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/25/2007 10:02:29 AM
It all depends on the person. I had a similar relationship and it ended badly because she couldn't keep her pants on.
 Vegan Girl
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/25/2007 10:04:57 AM
The only time i am invovled with a guy i don't see often (or he lives out of town) is when I dont want to be bothered so much.
 4realRU
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/25/2007 10:10:08 AM
No relationship will last unless both parties want it to. The distance can be overcome but how long will this last? I mean I'm assuming that if things continued you'd eventually want a change, correct? So are we talking a few months, a year, decades?

Edit: I see the year now, sorry, still in coffee mode here. A year ain't spit, good luck and best wishes.
 Jameseroo
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/25/2007 10:54:53 AM
If you treat each other well and truly are in love then I do not see why your relationship would not last. A year of "only weekends" will be tough on whomever is the least busy but should not be an impossible challenge.

_james_
 wpg_chick_84
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/25/2007 12:19:59 PM
With my schedule it's usually pretty hard to schedule weekday dates and most of the relationships I've been in have been more 'weekends only' with the odd weekday date (maybe 2-3 a month). We were still able to talk on the phone almost daily, even if it was just a 15 minute conversation to 'touch base' and it's never been a problem. If you care about someone enough, you'll make it work.
 Loveable Lion
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/25/2007 1:04:08 PM
Seeing each other on the weekends only could work. Will you be able to talk/email/communicate during the week - to stay in touch?
As everyone's posted, trust must be there. Good luck!
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/25/2007 1:13:29 PM
Personally, I think that'd make it way harder to get sick of eachother. If neither of you like how weekends only sounds, then don't bother. But if you think it's manageable, then I can't see a problem... only a bit of frustration now and then.
 northsideman
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/25/2007 1:15:51 PM
Hi,

It works for loads of people over here and in europe. If you two are open and communicate a lot, then it could work.
 Rock City Livin
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/25/2007 1:26:05 PM
If it is mutually understood and both have an understanding of trust to each other then of course it can work. If you communicate steadily to keep the bond then you'll look forward to the talks throughout the week instead of trying to fill it with other things.
 moon_fish
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/25/2007 1:39:29 PM
some married people only see each other on the weekends too ! LOL

guess it all depsnds on how you define relationship and what you want from one.
 funfil
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/25/2007 1:52:13 PM
I went out with a girl for a while and we only saw each other on weekends mainly because of the distance. We'd talk on the phone and txt each other during the week. I really looked forward all week to seeing her on Friday evening, and it was always great to see each other again. We'd make the most of our weekends together and never got board, and it took forever saying good bye on Sunday!
 berlyn0963
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/25/2007 2:13:52 PM
I have tried the weekend thing with sad results; she couldnt control herself and cheated on me multiple times over the course of a few years behind my back. But it could work out depending on the type of people involved in the relationship and the distance. If your comfortable with taking a risk like that then go right ahead.
 yesiamcute
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/25/2007 5:34:48 PM
I have had many relationships like that due to distance and for me they were great as I could focus on work and my home responsibilities and then totally play all weekend and have a great time. However, I must say that one of these relationships went sour when I found out the man was seeing a woman during the week that lived in his town, and weekends seeing me. She knew about me too as we were engaged. It was disgusting and I kicked him to the curb. But if you have a good man who doesn't cheat, it can be fun...
 GuitarGuy_
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/25/2007 5:57:27 PM
I'm a tradesman. If I were to move to the city, the work is all out of town and I wouldn't be around except for every other weekend. So by staying where I am, I am able to get to the city every weekend. I think it would work.
 schotzimama
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/25/2007 7:24:28 PM
Most of the time, I actually prefer weekends only, with keeping in touch by phone a few times during the week, and maybe an occasional weekday visit. That way, I get to go to the gym a few times during the week, do my manicures/pedicures, have some alone time or time with other friends, do laundry, you know all that fun stuff. It makes you have something to look forward to on weekends. Maybe when things get more serious down the road, you consider a midweek date or two. It depends on the individual situation.
 kropes
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2007 4:27:16 AM
I dated a lady for 2 1/2 years like that. we lived about 2 hours apart and both self employed. it was pretty good actually at first. keep the "work week" to concentrate on work, and leave teh weekends for each other. the weekends were really uummm... specal ! anticipation, excitement, happy !

one downfall we had. she was not into computers and hated to talk on the phone. so it was hard to maintain communications. you have to keep some active communications going. otherwise you get what happened to us after 2 years, and it was her saying that each wekend it was like we have to start all over getting to know each other.

also.. if you are both busy working.. then its a little less likely that you even have time to cheat on each other. for me, it was not a concern about her.. and i have never cheated on anyone i dated.

so yes, it can work, but you need to work it, and understand the time limit that it may require. if there is a set time that it will stop, then that is a little more manageable.
 1_2_remember
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/26/2007 4:48:16 AM
Yes, Yes a relationship can work if you only see eachother on the weekends. One of the ex gfs used to spend friday through monday at my house.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Do you think relationships work if you only see each other at weekends?