Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Laughing Gas/Nitrous Oxide and Sex - Thoughts      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Peaches82
Msg: 1
Laughing Gas/Nitrous Oxide and Sex - Thoughts Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Ok, here goes...
I have recently discovered that some people out there in the vast world use laughing gas or nitrous oxide to get high and have sex. Honestly I do not know what to think about it all as it seems and from what I have read dangerous, and harmful in the long term. Also someone very close revealed to me that they like to do this and well use it to "get away from it all" even though it is temporary. Was wondering what are you thoughts on this and have or haven't you used it before and if so why or why not?
Thanks in advance all and have a good day
 Peaches82
Msg: 2
Laughing Gas/Nitrous Oxide and Sex - Thoughts
Posted: 4/25/2007 1:37:51 PM
I guess no one wants to comment? or give their opinion? Well I thank you for at least reading.
 jumbo shrimp
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/25/2007 2:13:11 PM
A few years ago there was a theft of a cylinder of gas from the local dentist's office. It turned out to be some teenagers who wanted to try inhaling the gas for fun times. One of them died. You can inhale too much, so I think it's not a good idea. I can't see the attraction of screwing someone who sounds like Alvin, but to each their own. Wait, that is helium. Never mind. The nitrous oxide is the one that kills you. Maybe helium does, too.
 gentlepatrick
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2007 2:13:40 PM
I didnt know people could obtain it - duh, what am i thinking - i guess you can get any drug. My dentist - female dentist - used to give it to me to overcome dental fears - I got an instant erection everytime which she loved to joke about.
 sunnyone
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/25/2007 3:16:27 PM
How many people want their partner laughing during sex?!?! It's been my experience that when you laugh... men get up and leave
 MissZiggy
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/25/2007 3:35:22 PM
doing a shot of nitrous only lasts about 30 - 45 secs so if you're planning on doing it while having sex its either gonna have to be the quickest quickie in history or keep doing steady shots.

it makes you completely incoherent for that short time so my opinion is that it would be pointless to do it
 GreySpot
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2007 3:39:33 PM
Peaches,
Nitrous oxide is widely used as an anesthetic, usually in combination with other drugs. It is very safe if used properly but can be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. There have been deaths from recreational use mainly due to lack of oxygen. The gas is actually only a mild anesthetic and you need to breath a high concentration to get high. For medical purposes it is mixed with 100% oxygen. Breathing it with air alone you run the risk of breathing a mixture dangerously low in oxygen. Nitrous is non addictiong and rapidly eliminated and normally has no long term effects on the body. Like most anesthetics, it makes you feel giddy, "high" confused. The effect is a lot like a couple of alchoholic drinks. I'm not sure why anyone would want to combine it with sex, but then I'm not sure why anyone would want to have sex while drunk. Anesthetics are depressants; they put you to sleep and more. Yes, I've used it a lot but only in a medicl setting.
 goosefeathers
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/9/2007 10:55:41 PM
yES, It's dangerous candangerous like all tupes of recreational drugs, laughing gass is really hard on the brain cells: Ice Cream man uses it to propel . . . . . .Ice scream, I scream , Ice cream, We all scream for I scream.

The thing is Brain cells do continue to be replace through the nasilfacters. This was found to be one of the very survival tools in (lab mice)& rats. . . . . . they need a highly sensitive nose to find cheese, but is'nt asking yourself why your looking for the cheese, really, the QUESTION in the first place?
The human nose isn't quite so importent, for it's survival in today's present culture, & yet we still continue to develope these nasilfactors--it's seems that on the way to the nose . These cells stem of forming more brain cells-- We still have two nostrals , I sug - gest we smell, more then we suspect, especially when it comes to over expensive outrages as a matter of fact recreational "drugs" . . . . . ..We all really need to be rolling on the ground laughing are selves to a healthier consciousnes daily! It's ahard job to keep drug abuse down. And we're all doing are part, AND IT TAKES EVERYBODY DOING THERE PART ALSO!!! Becouse nobody feels that they can do enough about interseeding , when it come to this effort. I Don't subscribe to the eleagleization of a weed however. That was really wrong, it's in our DNA. And if you are wrong in one area, you're wrong in them all. MORE TREES LESS BUSH! Let's be more pro PEACE and less ANTI-WAR!

Bravely Sophie slipped into the place where Puff did dwell
The startled dragon spun around and frightened her as well
Then she saw his lonely eyes , AND QUICKLY LOST HER FEARS
She kissde the dragon's scaly nose and wiped away his tears
CHORUS
Puff, the magic dragon, lives by the sea
And frolics in the autumn mist in a land called
Hona Lee
We live in a production oriented society unfortionately! Embibe-obstain? It's a weed and it grows for a reason. Get up, stand up! OVER AND OUT ok ROG.
LATER GATERS
 blue sunshine
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/9/2007 11:00:53 PM
Not sure about the sex part....but, when I used to go to the "Dead Shows" we called it hippie crack!
 windowshopping04
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2007 11:18:57 PM
One used to be able to purchase "shots" of nitrous on Bourbon street in NOLA... the delivery system was an inhaler-sized canister, but low pressure...

Might still be possible - haven't been to NOLA in a couple years...

Effects are short-term. Suffocation can occur (as it can with helium or any gas other than O2 - BTW, pure O2 can be quite dangerous, as well). Moderation is highly advised... (but nobody ever listens!)

whoa man... psychodelic...

N2O (in which NO is an impurity and the active agent) has, apparently, induced priapism in some men... again - nothing to play with (despite the temptation)...
 jessikaowl
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2007 11:43:14 AM
I wouldn't try it after seeing that episode of CSI Miami...... lol
 realmang
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/10/2007 11:54:26 AM
Sex is so awesome on its own,,,why mess with it and the euphoric journey by inhaling gas to change your mind chemistry? If you need stimulation, play with some toys and have more fun. Remember breathing heavy is a good thing !
 badbadgirl
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/10/2007 1:57:10 PM
I killed enough brain cells already with drugs and alcohol...No thanks...I'll pass
 Fry Lock
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2007 2:01:07 PM
you can buy that stuff at the nudie store; it's marketed as whip cream canister chargers; never saw the attraction there, makes you crappie-flop and talk all stupid, not attractive in my book.

and I'm with BBG on this one.

Fry
 Interdimensional
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/10/2007 2:09:24 PM
they are way off base. Devil ether as Hunter S would have said. The perfect drug for sex...makes you act like the village idiot in some early Irish novel...muhahahhahahaha
 Mr.Santiago
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/10/2007 4:03:58 PM
I have used NO during sex though it was a long time ago and it was fun. Howeer if you think about it NO is not the smartest thing to do during hightend activity because it reduces the O2 to your brian. This can be deadly. I'm older now and would not want the added stress to my heart. Plus strieght up sex is enjoyable enough without adding this to the mix..
 windowshopping04
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2007 4:13:15 PM
Another consideration...

NO is an acidic gas (forms H2NO4 in the presence of water and oxygen - both present in airways and lungs)... NO occurs in N2O as an impurity (at very low levels) - NO at greater purity could cause catastrophic tissue damage... moot point if you're asphyxiated...

the effect of asphyxia, itself, can not be discounted... but chemical and physical asphyxia should never be attempted alone or with impaired and/or inexperienced partners...

really - just avoid it... there are plenty of other ways to "get off"

vvv Yep, Blue, another Darwin award winner...
 blue sunshine
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/10/2007 4:16:38 PM
I actually know a guy who knows a guy who apparently did do that shit alone, filled up a hefty bag (true story) put his effing head into it.....and killed himself (on accident). He passed out and suffocated.

I can safely say that wasn't his brightest moment.
 PERSONAL AFFAIRS
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/10/2007 7:32:55 PM
LAUGHING GAS...............FLATULENCE WITH A SENSE OF HUMOR!
 a_sweet_fishy
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/10/2007 9:16:41 PM
Wow.....the things people try. I have only had laughing gas used once at the dentist. It is now in my files that I am NOT allowed to have it, EVER. :) I went completely psycho, got super paranoid, thought the dentist was trying to kill me, ended up knocking over all the equipement and trying desperately to bite him. I don't think that would make for pleasant sex. A call to 911 (reporting my partners body) would NOT be a good way to end the night!!!!
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2007 9:47:34 PM
There's a fetish for everyone who has a brain apparently. I had not heard of this, so I googled ~ and yep ~ there is a "community" of people who swear it's the best way to have sex. Personally, I'd rather not giggle through sex, unless of course, it's so pathetic that is all I can do... Any toxic substance that goes into my lungs will be under the care of a dr. who knows that the hell he's doing. Furthermore, if I need mind-altered gases to have good sex, I need a new partner. JMO
 Cheerful_Trousers
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/10/2007 9:51:44 PM
Gentle Jesus, people will try anything.
 Ten32
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2007 5:37:16 AM
Doesn't sound like it could increase the pleasure of sex at all. Sounds counter-productive to me.
 peek~a~booo
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/11/2007 6:29:27 AM
Well i would think the human who tries this crap would be a human having sex with self...how in tune could that person be to there partner if they are ripped...selfish is as selfish does......EEEwwwwwwww not interested in a human who could be so selfish to choose to bring something in that would disconnect you from the other human.... reading
the other persons body requires focus....i'd say sex for selfish folks maybe!!!
 Beaming
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2007 11:08:05 AM
All I can say is that once I went to the dentist and I was really nervous about what I was having done so he gave me some nitrous oxide to relax me. I had so many sexual thoughts!!! And that was in my celibate days and I rarely thought about sexual matters back then. Hmmmm....
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Laughing Gas/Nitrous Oxide and Sex - Thoughts