Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > DO Not Date List yet another new feature, but with a twist..      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pantsonfire
Msg: 1
view profile
History
DO Not Date List yet another new feature, but with a twist..Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

At the bottom of every message you receive from a man you now have the option of adding them to a "Do not date list", this list is shared with all women on your favorites list.

What this does is every time a WOMEN on your favorites list receives a message from this man she will see that YOU think she shouldn't date him.

Every women on the site could write something bad about the man you are messaging, but unless these women are on your favorites list you will never see what they have to say.

Hmm what do you think people? I'm not sure that's strictly fair and think it's pretty negative in fact.. There aren't any people I chat to that I would put on a do not date list, anyway my favourite list ladies have different tastes to me and what I don't find fanciable they may find irresistible ...

Answers on a postcard please ...
 Ouma
Msg: 2
view profile
History
DO Not Date List yet another new feature, but with a twist..
Posted: 4/27/2007 11:59:18 PM
Pantsonfire - I agree that it's a very negative move. As you say, most women favorites' will have completely different tastes and what suits one will not suit another. To be honest there'd have to be something very wrong with a man before I would ever think of warning other women off. If a man was considered a potential danger or serious problem then the matter should be reported in a more formal way. I might then consider warning friends directly with an explanation of why they should avoid a particular person. It'll be interesting to see others views on this new feature. I'll not be using it..!

Trishy
 miss_maggy
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/28/2007 12:00:03 AM
Sounds like class room biatching.. to me.
If there was someone i didnt want to date.. why would i want to tell everyone.
And what i might find unattractive in someone, might be a turn on for another.

OOOO.. me thinks there is some barrel scratching. And like you say pants.. Negative.
Or am i just a party poooper?

I would message someone personally if i had a serious issue about someone.
 Tigerlily214
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/28/2007 12:04:31 AM
I noticed that before didnt have a clue what it was all about lol...If you dont have any women on your freinds list to warn you what do you do???

And come on you have to admit there are women out there that should be avoided like the plague so why just have it for men???

The worse Ive had on here is people email me we exchange emails for a couple of weeks then they delete their accounts not the end of the world is it.

Tigs
 ghosthunter56
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/28/2007 12:19:14 AM
that's discrimination is that !! - are the mods on this site all female then ?? - i think we chaps should have one of those options as well - seriously though - i think this is a very bad idea - as others say if a bloke or woman is really dodgy - then a formal complaint can be made

some will use this for reasons not connected with a chaps real personality - for instance - someone very religious could mark me as unsuitable because i hunt ghost as a pass time - nothing to do with the sort of chap i am - just because they may think all those involved in paranormal investigation are meddling in things that go against the teachings of what ever religion they follow ( and before you laugh /knock - some of the most rabid anti paranormal people ARE the religious types !! - i joke not - i have met a few of them )

any way just my view - either equality for all - OR GET RID OF IT !!

( do they actually WANT any one to meet any one on this site ?? - i am beginning to wonder )

regards to all
 Ladyjaxx007
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/28/2007 1:04:58 AM
I'm not sure if the idea is fair from a man's point of view, but hey, when is life fair and if it helps women out a little, why not?

On a separate plus side, think it could encourage more friendships amongst the women on the site, especially around their local area, which can only be a good thing.

Is it only intended as a 'Do not date' or could it be used as a 'He's not for me because ............, but I think he may be good for someone else' ?
 Heavennhell
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2007 1:08:45 AM
Why dont blokes get this option...its unfair..

we all know how bitter and twisted women can be lol...
It just seems a total bias and unfair thing, one persons view can stop you meeting the girl of your dreams etc.

I will not stand for it...Im going to write to my local MP
 celtfem007
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/28/2007 1:12:32 AM
It's a good idea in theory... bloke gets enough women branding him unsuitable to date, it will warn other women on the site to be cautious in their dealings with him, but what if the chap's simply the target of a vindictive woman and her group of online friends? Also it seems unfair that this option only applies to men on this site. I wont be using the option, that's for sure. Seems very petty to me.
 dreamer gal
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/28/2007 1:22:36 AM
i was wondering what that message was all about, i like everyone will not be using it if i have a problem with someone i usually tell them to go away we have a blocking feature on here thats addiquate in my book, also as others have said if i think someone is dodgy then i tell me friends personally and tell them why i think they are dodgy or if they are really out of order then we can report them to the mods
 Chorlton Dragon
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/28/2007 1:22:42 AM
I think the site owner must be getting bored at the moment perhaps he should be putting more effort into making the site more visually appealing perhaps. Might I suggest we should be allowed to customise our profiles a bit more like that spacey site then we could really show a bit of flair and imagination.
 willow
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/28/2007 1:45:42 AM
I think the only time I would use this feature is if I got to find out something about a man I thought woman on my favvy list may need to know..But only if he contacted them.

We have all said about naming and shaming, players etc..Maybe this is as close to that as we are going to get..

Although I do believe the men should be allowed this feature also, I have heard some women are just as bad if not worse than some men when it comes to deceit etc...
 Heavennhell
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2007 1:47:47 AM
The trouble is one person may class you as a player just from their point of view...? And we all know what the net is like for gossip..chinese whispers all based on non fact.
 -Hams-
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/28/2007 1:52:07 AM
I dont think this is very fair at all if us men cant have a do not date list...

I think this new feature should be scrapped immediatly as its discriminating
against men on here and were all meant to be equal in todays society...

Whats going to stop women adding men to this list just because they dont
someone and for no reason decent men could get bad reputations...

pink tigger
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/28/2007 1:52:50 AM
It has to work both ways. Yes its a negative feature and as somone stated in one of the above posts 'classroom b1tchin' im sure would rear its ugly head.

If there was a vote I no doubt vote against, as Willow has stated, people on our faves we know quite well (some of them, lol) If they needed to know or I felt they had to know then I would say somthing. Otherwise let it be, people make their own mistakes everyday and learn by them let them get on with it.
 YetAnotherUserName
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2007 3:16:02 AM

Although I do believe the men should be allowed this feature also, I have heard some women are just as bad

well said. I know for a fact there are some pretty strange women on this site.

Personally I think it's about time this site had a vote on the new features they are adding so we can tell them directly what we think of the sites evolution or in this case devolution. Maybe it already does have a voting feature that I don't know about?
 Longshanks.
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/28/2007 3:17:53 AM

well said. I know for a fact there are some pretty strange women on this site.

Well said to that too.
 KarmaSuitsYa
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/28/2007 3:26:53 AM
does the man in question that women may add to the list get to know that he's been added to their list?
 *jezebel*
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/28/2007 3:29:45 AM
"What this does is every time a WOMEN on your favorites list receives a message from this man she will see that YOU think she shouldn't date him."
I think it is a good idea and the impression you have of a man is exclusive to the women you have on your faves list, surely you will only have women you admire and respect on there and would wish to protect.

I think this feature has come about by necessity and not by a desire to be sexist. Men are creeps.
 Longshanks.
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/28/2007 3:30:40 AM
The question is who would not want to date me?

Tall Handsome B*stard me.
 sprite57
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/28/2007 4:07:59 AM
I dont think its a good idea because what one person finds an unattractive quality in a person, another may not. I suppose if you felt a man you'd dated was weird in some way it would warn other women, but what if you upset someone on here and they wrote a negative comment - I suppose the mods keep an eye on it.
 ~Rivet~
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/28/2007 4:13:34 AM
Firstly it's unfair to offer this to only one sex. Secondly how is this power to be policed? It could be abused and misused. Say a girl contacts me and I'm not interested. Who's to know if she gets a little p1ssed off and adds me to her DO NOT DATE list?

I understand the need to protect people but there are more fair ways of doing it.

Not a good decision IMO
 ghosthunter56
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/28/2007 4:16:18 AM
[ i think this feature has come about by necessity and not by a desire to be sexist .men are creeps ]

um - correct me if i am wrong here but is that "men are creeps " not a sexist statement ??

i am seriously beginning to wonder what a lot of the females on this site actually DO want - it seems that we blokes cant do any thing right - if we message you that's wrong - if we don't - that's wrong - if we don't live up to some vision of "Mr perfect " that's wrong

sorry girls - no one in the world is perfect - and if one strives for that and rejects everyone because they have some flaw or another - then i am afraid you will be on your own for a long time

just my ( probably be condemned as biased ) view - what do you think lads ??

regards to all
 Emmalou81
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/28/2007 4:16:24 AM
Stoopid feature !!!

As far as dating it's each to their own and if was that concerned about my mate dating a dodgy fella i wud speak to her not add him to sum stoopid list. Ppl will take advantage if a guy pissses 'em off.

And why aint you guys got this feature on us girlies cause we are all as bad as each otha.
 Fernilee
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/28/2007 4:28:16 AM
I agree entirely with what BrightonLee just said - thanks mate!

Having had the bitter experience of witnessing how truly twisted and vindictive I've seen women on this site to be (not any of the current ladies I race to point out), I can only think this new feature will create a culture of backroom snipery which will not only target innocent men, but also make most of the rest of men very reluctant to make contact with women -just in case they get the 'black dot' on their profile!

I already disagree with it so much, I'm not evengoing tolook at it and see how it works!

.. hopefully, with threads like this running throughout the forums, the mods will get an overview on how successful it's likely to be - or not.

fums down for me too
 xxMistyxx
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/28/2007 4:40:10 AM
Have to agree with what others have said.

Don't agree with it . Won't use it!

from me.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > DO Not Date List yet another new feature, but with a twist..