Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Mature Woman      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SimplySweet45
Msg: 1
Mature WomanPage 1 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
Hiya, I'm fairly new to this site but started reading here in the forums and find it entertaining lol. I would like to hear from the guys why they think older woman don't like sex. Just because you were in a marriage for x number of years and your wife wasn't interested anymore doesn't mean she doesn't like sex. It simply means she was most likely bored with sex with you.
 marcia2
Msg: 2
Mature Woman
Posted: 5/4/2007 10:51:28 AM
This may replace pubic hair length as my fave thread Sweet!
I can hardly wait to read the responses you get to this thread.
And I think you'll be making a big splash!

Marcia
 sparklingone
Msg: 3
Mature Woman
Posted: 5/4/2007 11:31:37 AM
I'm an older woman and I love sex but, with my partner.

Some men don't know what they're talking about...lol
 moraima
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Mature Woman
Posted: 5/4/2007 11:33:16 AM
This reminds me of a first date I had. He was so nice and gentlemanly via messages and phone calls. During dinner he said that he had been married for a long time, then widowed. He made a point of telling me that his late wife didn't enjoy having sex with him. The min. that we left the restaurant he started grabbing at my breasts. When I asked him what he thought he was doing, he said "Well, my late wife always gave in if I kept grabbing at her." (No wonder she didn't like sex - it was all about him, and done with the class of a 12 yo boy.)

Of course, if a man or women had a bad marriage, sex would become a problem, because most of us don't like/won't have sex with someone we don't like.
 i2gobare
Msg: 5
Mature Woman
Posted: 5/4/2007 11:41:20 AM
I aggree, lets hear them... lol

Just cause some of them (men) can't keep up anymore, does not mean we can't.. lol I'm 48 and more sexual/sensual then when I was when I was in my 20's. With age comes... knowledge and experience.... lol
 christi66
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Mature Woman
Posted: 5/4/2007 11:44:42 AM
I think the older you get the more confident on what you like so sex is more enjoyable . I know when i was in younger there where things i was to shy to try or to shy to admit I liked to my husband . Now I openly can tell a partner what I like and dislike .
 bijou624
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Mature Woman
Posted: 5/4/2007 11:58:18 AM
From the messages I am getting it seems like men think older women DO want sex and nothing else. In my case I wouldn't be interested in having sex with a man unless we were in a committed relationship.
 NapJoe
Msg: 8
Mature Woman
Posted: 5/4/2007 12:30:16 PM
Some not all senior women due to menopause lose interest in sex. Others enjoy sex. Yes, and on first dates. Senior men often prefer women around 35 to 45. More success that way.
Minds are open for business. Play safe.

"Hiya, I'm fairly new to this site but started reading here in the forums and find it entertaining lol. I would like to hear from the guys why they think older woman don't like sex. Just because you were in a marriage for x number of years and your wife wasn't interested
 SimplySweet45
Msg: 9
Mature Woman
Posted: 5/4/2007 12:35:46 PM
Lol, Hi Marcia...interesting NO men comments yet. Have I put them all to shame?
 SouthCarolina45
Msg: 10
Mature Woman
Posted: 5/4/2007 1:07:35 PM
"Senior men often prefer women around 35 to 45"

I get so sick of hearing this. Hell I could easily prefer men 25 to 35 for sex and pleasure but would never turn down a decent man my age or older!

Fine fine fine - don't want us over 45 women? Then we will just have to fu... the young ones !
 ksue44
Msg: 11
Mature Woman
Posted: 5/4/2007 1:17:02 PM
OP - there's many reasons a woman may lose interest in sex. Think of it this way "if Mama ain't happy, no one's going to be happy". If a woman is in a relationship where she's becoming emotionally detached, it's not a question of "if" but a question of "when" the sex drive will go. If any physical issues (hormones, illnesses, disease, etc), is ruled out, then the emotional issues need to be explored.
 Muskoka Gold
Msg: 12
Mature Woman
Posted: 5/4/2007 1:33:40 PM
Just because you were in a marriage for x number of years and your wife wasn't interested anymore doesn't mean she doesn't like sex. It simply means she was most likely bored with sex with you.

I don't think this is the complete answer, OP. I think boredom in a long term relationship can happen. And, that's why it's important for a couple to add the element of surprise and a little spice into their lovemaking. People do get into a rut.....and become complacent. It's important they keep the vavoom alive!
But, another reason why a woman may lose interest is because the bedroom may become the only place a man shows any interest in her. How a woman is treated by her man "outside of the bedroom" is going to influence how she responds to him "inside the bedroom".
And the same premise applies to a man......who wants to make love to a woman who doesn't show him affection throughout the day?
I don't think this topic is specific to either/ or gender. I think it can happen to both genders.
Also, if their relationship is a constant battleground, it's going to affect their responses to each other, sexually. A partner can't expect the other to be loving and sexual with them if they don't treat them "nice" throughout the day. If emotional needs are unmet, if little signs of affection are absent during the day, if issues within their day to day lives are unresolved .......after awhile, she's going to avoid intimacy ........or he might go to bed and fall instantly asleep to avoid her too. When or if they get together it's going to feel like " Wham.....Bam....Thank you Maam!" I think it works both ways.
Muskoka
 SouthCarolina45
Msg: 13
Mature Woman
Posted: 5/4/2007 1:34:40 PM
I totally agree with ksue44. When I was married I lost all interest in sex - because my ex-husband was so mean. After we separated by libido soared ! It scared me at first because I did not know what was happening it was such a strong urge. I have kept that urge and don't think (minus some physical event) it will go away. I have girlfriends in their late 50s and early 60s and they say the same thing. It just takes a kind person to keep me interested !
 erm1956
Msg: 14
Mature Woman
Posted: 5/4/2007 1:42:33 PM
I'd say she was bored with me, unless that vibrator really was for neck tension...... Now the love lube was a little harder for her to explain.
 Robin4wheels
Msg: 15
Mature Woman
Posted: 5/4/2007 2:13:33 PM
"love lube"
The only thing I need that for these days is for squeeky wheels
 greenjeep
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Mature Woman
Posted: 5/4/2007 5:19:01 PM
Hmmmmm, lack of responses from guys must mean we do think older women like sex.
 marcia2
Msg: 17
Mature Woman
Posted: 5/4/2007 7:12:42 PM
Greenjeep, I do like a man with insight.

Marcia
 cdn_guy
Msg: 18
Mature Woman
Posted: 5/4/2007 7:22:19 PM
Mature women don't like sex ?!? ... Is that a fact ??

Hmmm ...

Once again, I appear to be inhabiting a different part of the planet than everyone else.

cdn guy
 christi66
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Mature Woman
Posted: 5/4/2007 7:35:34 PM
Ya know its funny napjoe ive seen you in severeal threads and you always talk about women being on menopause and how most no longer desire sex .. MY mom is 60 and from the way she talks she still desires sex . MY grandma is 83 with a 64 year old live in bf and says if he dont give her sex more than once a week he can move out , they are very active and go dancing every weekend ..

I dunno i take offense to the fact you keep trying to SPEAK for women when you are not one .
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Mature Woman
Posted: 5/4/2007 8:08:55 PM
Oops! Double post. Sorry.

woobytoodsday
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Mature Woman
Posted: 5/4/2007 8:10:07 PM

Once again, I appear to be inhabiting a different part of the planet than everyone else.

Nope. I'd have to say you live in the REAL world, lol!

It's the poor boys who imagine (I wonder why?) for some reason that we don't, that I worry about.

realviclady
Msg: 22
Mature Woman
Posted: 5/4/2007 8:24:50 PM
"If emotional needs are unmet, if little signs of affection are absent during the day, if issues within their day to day lives are unresolved .......after awhile, she's going to avoid intimacy ........or he might go to bed and fall instantly asleep to avoid her too."

Muskoka took the words right out of my mouth!

It appears to be older men who have this mistaken belief that older women might not want sex because they don't like it. Many of what they choose to believe is based on their last long-term relationship (usually a failed marriage). I've had several men tell me this very early in a new dating relationship when the subject of "what went wrong" is being discussed. IMO, a man who has done his ME-work prior to re-entering the dating world should understand that he shares equal blame for the break-up of the marriage.

RVL
 spring light
Msg: 23
Mature Woman
Posted: 5/4/2007 8:45:17 PM
mmmmm i am an older woman, don't know how mature i am but i do know i like sex. very much like it want it. sure i have feelings of inadequacy and think i suck as a lover sometimes (pun intended) but other times i don't judge myself too harshly and find i am growing more in love with sex. more in love with the idea of exploring sexuality with a special man to learn each others bodies and so on and get deeper (pun intended) in to each other.
 Ron9
Msg: 24
Mature Woman
Posted: 5/4/2007 9:00:55 PM
I have no idea if “older women” like sex or not.

Everything is relative. My ex wife is now 47 years old - to some she may be considered an older woman. That age group is not an older woman to me.

So she is the “oldest” female I’ve been around - she likes sex. She don’t seem to see the point of “affection” when not in bed but that is just her. She was like that when she was 25 (when I met her) and that aspect never changed.

I will say the last time I saw her (about a year ago I think) she was in pre-menopause and not interested in much of anything (according to her). According to one of her daughters .... she has lots more problems than menopause these days - she seems to be trying to drown them in beer - which is kind of sad.
 jboltman
Msg: 25
Mature Woman
Posted: 5/4/2007 9:42:41 PM
When I was in my 20's... I thought older mature women was a real turn on!!! Now that I'm in my 40's... I still think older mature women are a real turn on!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Mature Woman