Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > What are YOUR plans for Mother's Day?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HamNPineapple
Msg: 1
What are YOUR plans for Mother's Day?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
What are YOUR plans for Mother's Day?

Is Mother's Day an important event in YOUR life?

Do you make an effort to thank YOUR mom for doing the best SHE could with what she had?

If your mom has passed away, what do YOU do to remember HER?

What does your family do for YOU if you are a MOM?

What do you want them to do for YOU?

for me, I just want to spend some time with my kids, they are grown up, and busy with lives of their own.. just want some of that time...

My mom has passed away....I just try to be a better mom than she was..

I have a birth mom that I recently meet, I thank her for being her.

HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY all you moms out there!
(p.s. It's next Sunday, you have time to think of something nice)
 jspudotoole
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2007 9:31:22 PM
What are my plans? Spending time with my mother of course! That is if there are any plans. Oh, P.J. party the night before! OMG, Sunday is gonna be a hard one to wake up to. And the travel two hours out to see her in Twawwassen. Ouch, this sounds like its gonna be a painful one. Oh well, she/we only live once right!?
 BrnEyesLostMind
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/6/2007 9:33:24 PM
Mother's day for me is brunch at my house for the family, this year I've added a dear friend and her daughter(her mother lives in another country). It will be my mother, father, aunt, brother, cousins, and of course my grandmother.

It became a tradition when I became a mother and one I love doing.
 nrk
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/6/2007 9:38:58 PM
Sending my ma some flowers this year. Mom-in-law is coming over to go to a matinee with her son then I think he's gonna cook the both of us a juicy steak dinner

No idea what my daughter has in store for me this year. I used to get brekkie in bed, which usually consisted of a cheese slice, a pickle, cinnamon hearts and a glass of apple juice. Thank gawd she has grown out of that menu!!
 guppie07
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2007 9:52:58 PM
Dunno. My kids are usually with Dad on the weekends. This is the first Mother's Day since our separation and I have no clue how to handle it. I'm sure it will be emotional for various reasons.

Is Mother's Day an important event in YOUR life?
I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that *I* am someone's mother. Mothering two high/special needs children has been a tough road. I have mixed feelings about 'the Day'.

Do you make an effort to thank YOUR mom for doing the best SHE could with what she had? Yes . I had/have an amazing mother.

If your mom has passed away, what do YOU do to remember HER?

What does your family do for YOU if you are a MOM?
My sister and mom both take time to remember me. My daughter's bio-dad always makes sure that she gets me a card and a little something. My son's father, well... that remains to be seen.

What do you want them to do for YOU?
Thats a loaded question, lol.
 Arduinna
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/6/2007 10:04:07 PM
I will be driving for 11 hours between Thurs night and Fri am to spend mother's day weekend with my mom in Oregon. This is the first time she will have one of her 3 children with her since 2002, when I lived close to her in Illinois. It will be a very low key, relaxing weekend for both of us, with her deciding what she does or does not want to do. Unforunately my mom will be under going her 3 of six chemo treatments this Thurday - so depending on how she feels, I have a few things planned :)
 samadongshi2
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/6/2007 10:11:24 PM
gonna buy my mom a crab for us to eat @ home!!! have the kids over etc. just a house of us girlie girls.
no boys allowed for this one.
mmm what goes good with crab?
gonna buy us a nice dungess crab fresh off the boat from the Steveston docks first thing in the morning since i will be close by. Will have crashed close by after my LAST BIG event with the sardine school of fish.
woohoo, hopefully i won't get an allergy attack though or develop a food sensitivity to this one too.
 BigPapaG
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/6/2007 10:12:17 PM
I am actually going to church with my Mom...
her wish... BUT being a minister's son I should probably do it more often...
and then taking her for Brunch at the Bayside Lounge overlooking English Bay... hope it's a lovely Spring day with lots of sail boats....
love the view.

Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms...
and the "mothers" too
 misseyes
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/6/2007 10:13:25 PM
I may be home on the island to spend it with my mom and family. Going through mom and dad withdrawals right now. Might also try to spend some of the weekend with an island mom (WDM) if the hot tub is working!

ps.. that's a bribe for me to come home.
 Pucks
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/6/2007 10:35:44 PM
Taking my mom for brunch, with my daughters, and my bro.

Mothers Day is important to me. WE should have a mothers day once a month i think. Moms rock.
 BonnieB
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2007 11:25:59 PM
Same as almost every other Mother's Day.... Camping..
 livnitup
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/6/2007 11:34:36 PM
If the weather is nice, then sky's the limit. Come to think of it, I will probably be doing some kind of May Day thing with my kids, like riding the Octopus 800 times at the Fair.
Should be a thrill for sure.

I wish I was staying in some beachhouse in Rhodes, GR like my own mom - so jealous.
 fyahman
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2007 6:28:44 AM
this is the first time in a long time i will be celebrating mother's day with my mom. instead of the gratuitous phone call from some place on this earth (which i've always felt guilty about...lol) i will take her out and we can go to a nice restaurant and talk.

yep should be a nice time. now if i could just convince her to try sushi. haha.
 fyahman
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2007 6:29:01 AM
this is the first time in a long time i will be celebrating mother's day with my mom. instead of the gratuitous phone call from some place on this earth (which i've always felt guilty about...lol) i will take her out and we can go to a nice restaurant and talk.

yep should be a nice time. now if i could just convince her to try sushi. haha.
 **teri**
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/7/2007 7:12:51 AM
my..Family.itns not here...Last year...sent Mom a AC conditioner...this year it,s flowers...... Can be with her......Working....

A wish apon a STAR...nothing more would bring a SMILE and a tear to my eye to sit down and have a NICE homie Dinner with my son...Here.... Oh well maybe next year.

HAPPY MOTHER,S DAY LADY POF,ERS
 JMTJ
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/7/2007 7:59:32 AM
Visit Mom with a hanging flower plant, big hugs and a kiss, help cook dinner, clean up and the same will be done for my sister also.
 FluffyPinkCuffs
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/7/2007 8:11:37 AM
The ever traditional hanging plant for Mom (she usually ends up with 3 from all 3 of us so her front patio is done!) and then our yearly brunch at the Executive Inn... we've been doing that for years and years, I cant remember when we havent...

for me? My kids get to stay home with me that day (thank god for separation agreements!) so we'll spend the day doing something outside (hopefully)!
 lvmusic_lv2dance
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2007 12:54:35 PM
My kids are usually with their dad, just the way our alternate weekends work, but this year they will be with me. We are heading south to Seattle to watch the Mariners play the Yankees. My eldest has promised to buy me my own kebob of chocolate covered strawberries. Yummy.

As for my mom, I probably won't see her but I will call. Her birthday is 4 days after Mother's Day so we celebrate mom's day and her birthday together on her birthday.
 kev654321
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/7/2007 1:10:08 PM
A complete family tree with pictures of everyone over the last 100 years is what me and my sister have put together for her...........hope she likes it.
 liveluvnlaff
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/7/2007 1:52:23 PM
Wow good for you Kev, that sounds beautiful.....i see tears flowing

Have a safe trip Ardi....we'll be thinking of you!!

As for me, the kids have something up their sleeve....just don't know what.... I usually have the same breakfast as some others.....candy, sweets, and more sweets served on a plate in bed......(not too good when you've got low blood sugar but the thought is well worth it).
I figure that we will buy my mom some hanging baskets and bring them out to her; she lives an hour and a bit away.

-------Do you make an effort to thank YOUR mom for doing the best SHE could with what she had? ------- ALWAYS HamNPineapple......ALWAYS!!!!

My biological mother whom i'm named after has been gone for 10+ years now and we celebrate her by doing a little ceremonial ritual somewhere quiet and special; we burn little gifts, letters and send our prayers and messages up with the smoke. All the trials and tribulations she had going on when i was given up at 6 weeks old are her own, she still did the best she could with what she had and though i never got to meet her, she still deserves every bit of recognition as a"mom" on mothers day as my adoptive mom does

Happy Mother's Day to all my fellow POF'ers......have a good day
 Curly ©
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/7/2007 5:56:20 PM
My sons are taking me to play 9 holes of "twilight" golf after they get off work, then out for a nice dinner. mmmm... another memory. I love spending time with them
Hope all the POF moms (female and male) have a wonderful day!!!
Curly
 livnitup
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/7/2007 7:02:06 PM

As for my mom, I probably won't see her but I will call. Her birthday is 4 days after Mother's Day so we celebrate mom's day and her birthday together on her birthday.

Doesn't your mom hate that? My mom's b-day also falls on or near mother's day. Up until a couple of years ago we sort of integrated the two, but now she's getting old and owly and wants them separate Poor 'ol gal.
 CANDOR1
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/8/2007 4:36:26 AM
I only have an X mother-in-law left.

Think I'll get her a pak of butts and a 6 pak of lucky...hmmmm maybe I should make that a carton of butts
 yayawhatever
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2007 4:49:28 AM
My mother died in 83 and my step-mother died in 98. Mother's day is just hard. It is heartwarming to see so many fishies appreciating their moms.
 CANDOR1
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/8/2007 4:57:07 AM
awwww....my mom died last year, coming down from the coast to visit my kids. She decided to play chicken with a Mac Truck. She lost. It hurt so bad. It still does.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > What are YOUR plans for Mother's Day?