Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > After 1st date, ok to call and say thank you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 eyetat2
Msg: 1
After 1st date, ok to call and say thank you?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
After the "1st" date should you call and say thank you? The date is very good, good energy and conversation. Afterwords, do men find it appealing if the woman calls the next day to say thank you and how much she enjoyed the date. Or is that being to aggresive or needy? How do we let you guys know we want a call back?
 lucky300
Msg: 2
After 1st date, ok to call and say thank you?
Posted: 5/9/2007 11:29:37 AM
Omg,yes.....it lets us know that you enjoyed our company,and that you are thoughtful enough to let us know about it. It's a huge turn-off for me when the woman doesn't say thank you for the evening,it shows that she has no manners. Calling the next day,or even after you get home,also allows the OP to tell you about how much he enjoyed the date as well.....and also,it's a great way to make plans for the next date
 yoshi0520
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/9/2007 11:56:17 AM
A big heartfelt yes.

Screw that traditional 3 day-wait rule. Do you know how taxing it is for a guy to wonder if the woman enjoyed herself, his company, and the whole date in general.

For my own piece o mind, I say yes because it takes a huge load off the guys mind and as stated above, it a great chance to plan another.
 WTTozer
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/9/2007 11:57:56 AM
Yes, in my book it is not only okay, it is a nice thing to do. It keeps us from having to wonder how the evening went. I usually call on the way home to say thank you for the nice evening. Never been one to observe the "three day" rule. I call when I want to.
 ChipMunk1
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/9/2007 12:00:58 PM
Absolutely!! If you try to conform to the standard 2-3 day rule, you are only showing your own insecurity. Smart guys see straight through that so I highly recommend that you call him right away to tell him you enjoyed his company. Trust me, there will only be positive reactions comming out of such a move and if not, well then he is a game player that you want to avoid anyways.
 _Big_Guy_
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2007 12:03:52 PM
Yeah, typically we prefer the little Thank You notes you buy at the stationary store, but I suppose a phone call will suffice.

My honest answer? If the date was as good as you describe, then at the end of the date we've already discussed how much fun we've had and sometimes she thanks me, sometimes not. At that point, I already know she's interested in a call back. If she calls a day or so later and says the same, then I know she's REALLY interested in a call back. Will her call affect my decision to call her again either way? Probably not. If I had a good time and I'm pretty sure she had a good time, then I'm going to call her anyway.
 Diamond Stunna
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/9/2007 12:11:08 PM
I would be glad to know that you had a good time.
 Bach2010
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/9/2007 12:18:10 PM
Yes absolutely..... let us know how you felt even if it wasnt such a great date.
We're man enough to take it even if its a negative responce!
 Rock City Livin
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/9/2007 12:34:08 PM
If you get good vibes all through the date and it went well it is perfectly ok to call back to let him know you enjoyed yourself, and I for one would consider it very thoughtful.
 lonestardaddy
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/9/2007 12:53:35 PM
It would boggle my imagination in a most positive way. I try not to jump to conclusions or assumptions for others' consideration.
 dino_freebird
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2007 2:34:27 PM
Yes, very much appreciated
 couldusecompany
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/9/2007 2:36:20 PM
If you are posting this question, then I will assume this is what you are naturally inclined to do. When I'm dating, I *always* do what comes naturally. And if calling him the next day is something you feel is a good idea - then go for it. Chances are, if he likes you too he will appreciate the call.
 Harry Peter
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/9/2007 2:53:16 PM
After the "1st" date should you call and say thank you? The date is very good, good energy and conversation. Afterwords, do men find it appealing if the woman calls the next day to say thank you and how much she enjoyed the date. Or is that being to aggresive or needy? How do we let you guys know we want a call back?

Not needed, with me at least.

You let them know by asking.
 KiteGuy321
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2007 3:53:10 PM
The best way to say thank you for a good date is to make breakfast in the morning..
 notsantos101
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2007 4:12:28 PM
definitely yes, especially if the goodbye was uneventful.
 Creativguy
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/9/2007 4:19:11 PM
OP, don't you thank your dates for the good time at the end of the date? There's no need to call them the next day to thank them again.

Hey, to the guys who'd like a phone call the next day to know if the gal enjoyed herself: Don't your dates tell you at the end of the date if they enjoyed themselves?
 avery106
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/9/2007 4:25:40 PM
ya its a great idea to call I promise the whole night the guy is going to be wondering if you had a good time and want to see him agian
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/9/2007 6:02:20 PM
It's a good thing to give a call the next day, all things being standard for a 1st date.

Letting guys know you want them to call you or to really see them again, is actually done in the last stretch of the 1st date. People have different personalities on 1st dates (especially blind ones). Us guys, who usually do the calling, usually judge whether the gal's interested enough to be persued (along with whether we're interested enough).

If you give him a call, it will obviously solidify the notion that you're interested in him. A woman who is too awkward and standoffish when it comes to blind dates do need to understand a basic law. Plainly saying 'yeah, that'd be cool' in response to the guy asking to see each other again some time, doesn't really cut it. Women can say that when they're interested, somewhat interested, or not interested. Something along the lines of 'Yeah, I'd really like to. I had a great time..'

You giving a call's a good thing -- just keep your description on how much you enjoyed it within the ballpark range on how he seemed to take a liking to it. If you're questioning his interest, definitely make it short and sweet. Regardless, most of us do like it. It can take so-so interest and turn it into legitimate interest.
 guynamejeff
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/9/2007 7:16:56 PM
yes, and I would also have something to ask him, tell him, comment on, etc. He might be floored that you called, and the dead air can be painful.
 harveywallbanger
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2007 7:40:31 PM
Thats a great idea. Let the man know you had a very good time. Sometimes us men arn't very good at reading people. And we get a bit unsure.
 Vancer
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/9/2007 7:53:45 PM
Men are happy when they're date was pleased.
Call him up and say how much you enjoyed the date.
I bet he'll feel as high as a kite.
 Jameseroo
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/9/2007 8:02:57 PM
eyetat2,

Any guy worth holding onto or even exploring "possibilities" with will -GREATLY- appreciate this gesture. I would be tickled pink.

Bottom line: follow your heart since this is what the man for you is looking to see. Do not follow "prescribed dating norms," they are false and lead to head-games.

_james_
 graphixman1970
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/9/2007 8:35:44 PM
Yes you should call the next day to tell him you had a good time on the first date. I would want to hear that from a woman. This way you can make plans for the second one and talk a little bit to find out more about each other. If you call the next day that is a fairly sure way to know that you will be getting a call from him in the near future.

Most guys have ESPN and not ESP so we need to hear what women are thinking and not try to figure it out for ourselves.
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2007 9:05:13 PM
Of course. It's great to hear back from her.

For one, it's great to know that she did have a good time. So good in fact that she'd want to call back soon to say so.

And it's good to know she's not playing those stupid head games. No calling until X days later, blah blah blah.
 MonsterHospital
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/10/2007 1:17:00 AM
Its not needy at all! A simple thank you, would be marvelous. Now only if guys did that!
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > After 1st date, ok to call and say thank you?