Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Why are the hottest women always the most stuck up and materialistic?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Milkdrops
Msg: 1
Why are the hottest women always the most stuck up and materialistic?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Okay I just wanted to point out something I think alot of people know to be true and want fellow womens opinions on it preferbly from some women who consider themselves to be like what i'm going to describe.

What is the deal with attractive/hot women these days? they seem to have a whole stuck up type "i'm above everyone" type walk as they strutt down the road on the mobiles. I'm not some rapist in the making or anything lol but its obvious they seem to have a type of self acclaimed superior status. It seems there always the materialistic ones who get the best looking best paid guy as more of a trophy rather than as someone to recieve love from.

This is something more and more rife these days (especially since the inventions of mobile phones) and had to voice it.

So women....(hopefully women who are like this) whats the deal? what do you women or other women think is going on in their minds? are thry really as materialistic and stuck up as it all seems to be or what?
Why are the hottest women always the most stuck up and materialistic?
Posted: 5/10/2007 7:45:10 AM
They can be.

They can be as nasty and hateful and stuck up as they want, and you'll still chase after them.
 ~LoriMac~
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/10/2007 7:46:47 AM
ever tried going for character and personality? Or just going to be hostile and bitter over the women who wont date ya?
Yes. Some pretty girls are materialistic. Some arent. I suppose once you mature you will realise the woman you want to spend your life with isnt going to care about your wallet. For right now just ignore amazing girls and skirt chase the barbie girls....even though that is maybe 1% of the population of women your age...have fun with that.
 dianoor
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/10/2007 7:51:07 AM
I'm not like that but from the emails I get on here most people seem to have that perception about me.

I'm tactless and politically incorrect but I'm also shy and reserved. That turns off some men and makes them think I'm some stuck up bimbo. I really don't see any point in sugar coating things. I'm sure many other women have this same issue which people mistake for something else.

On the other hand though, yes you are correct, there are many women who think they're above everyone else, are truly stuck up and materialistic. But they are easy to spot because they usually lack something in the head.

However, having said all that, this thread is weird. If you don't like them, don't pay attention to them. They'll go away. These women are like that because men like you pay too much attention to them so they make up a false image of themselves. Finally, it backfires on men. Then men like you come here and complain.

Waaah.......what a cycle.

If you want them to stop, you stop it. People aren't born stuck up. Their surroundings make them like that.
 Milkdrops
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/10/2007 7:53:05 AM
Was just something I am finding boring when walking down the street in day to day life. Guess its getting too routine but I had to at least get some views on it.
 christi66
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2007 8:01:11 AM
Some hot women and hot men can be stuck up rude and anything they want because there will always be someone willing to put up with them no matter what , because there will always be someone who will be with them just because of their looks .
 grizzelda
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2007 8:03:26 AM
HAHAHAHAH I have to laugh, another "I DESERVE a hot chick but they arent interested in me, so they must all be ****es" thread.

OP how do you make the leap that these women that you have had no contact with, are all materialistic and stuck up? Because they dont walk down the street making eye contact with every male in sight so he can make his move?

Just a question, If a hot chick said yes would she still be a stuck up ****? Because the only thing that has changed is your perception of her if she turns you down. Or are you even asking them out, not just sitting on the side lines because you are too insecure to make your move?

PS I will add that these so called stuck up chick are probably sick of guys like you that only ask them out because of their looks, not because of who they are.
 Milkdrops
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/10/2007 8:13:38 AM
Too much agression in these forums from Immature people like Aligirl.
 wanderer1999
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2007 8:15:44 AM

What is the deal with attractive/hot women these days? they seem to have a whole stuck up type "i'm above everyone" type walk as they strutt down the road on the mobiles. I'm not some rapist in the making or anything lol but its obvious they seem to have a type of self acclaimed superior status. It seems there always the materialistic ones who get the best looking best paid guy as more of a trophy rather than as someone to recieve love from.

This is something more and more rife these days (especially since the inventions of mobile phones) and had to voice it.

So women....(hopefully women who are like this) whats the deal? what do you women or other women think is going on in their minds? are thry really as materialistic and stuck up as it all seems to be or what?

Many women who are very attractive/beautiful that I have known do this as a self-defense mechanism. That's aside from the fact that they are usually more popular than normal, thus tend to have alot of people calling them.

When a woman is classically beautiful, she has no shortage of suitors. However, many of the men that pursue them are solely interested in their bodies and beautiful faces, and not actually interested in learning about who they are in any but the most superficial way.

In order to screen these men out, many beautiful women erect defenses, either through putting on an air of "unapproachability", or sometimes through using biting humor and put-downs. The idea is that if they "test" the men this way, they will be able to screen out all but the most determined. Also, by increasing the length of the screening process, the idea is that it will give them time to screen out the more superficial men.

Unfortunately, it is this very attitude that screens out the "nice" men as most of them are shy and uncomfortable approaching these "beautiful" women. Also, insecure men tend to stay away from the most beautiful women, as many of them are worried that they don't have enough to offer and won't be able to "keep" them.... as if a woman can be "kept".

This is aside from the women who decide that since they're "beautiful" that they should leverage it while they can, ie, to find the best possible mate, make the most money, etc, etc. Some women do that as well.
 ~LoriMac~
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/10/2007 8:23:55 AM
ok so first of all the women are stuck up if they wont date a guy who comes after them just based on looks...and now they are arrogant cuz they disagree with you.

wow seems to me that women have you guys pretty right...maybe they can sense your underlying contempt for women and that your supperficial loosers with nothing to offer a woman who is more than a look? Your assumption that they lack character because life has come easy to them is just ridiculous. Bad things happen to pretty girls just as much as the rest of women...but go ahead justify why she still wont date you.

Here's a hint...the girl who wont talk to you but is walking by talking to someone else on her cellphone....wants a conversation with someone interesting. Step up your game and stand out from the other guys who say they are so beautiful.
 Nightwing66
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/10/2007 8:29:39 AM
...and 'best looking, best paid guys' aren't capable of giving love, also?

Next thing you know all the 'Barbie' type thin women will be miserable, sexless crones w/ an eating disorder!
 junipermoon
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2007 8:30:32 AM
well, i don't use a mobile phone.

and i don't have a materialistic bone in my body.

however, i do get people assuming that i will react a certain way or that i have a certain attitude. maybe i do. admittedly, i don't fall neatly into the 'miss congeniality' category. my forum posts frequently go against the grain, as does my profile. i think i project a snotty intellectual image as a defense mechanism. it works as an effective filter for me.

spend a few weeks in central pa and you'll end up that way too.
 Milkdrops
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/10/2007 8:32:12 AM
London england too will make people like that as well apparently.
 junipermoon
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2007 8:35:34 AM
actually, i found londoners quite pleasant ~ even the sober ones!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next thing you know all the 'Barbie' type thin women will be miserable, sexless crones w/ an eating disorder!

and the problem there would be?
 pazoozoo
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2007 8:37:08 AM
Your profile says you enjoy shopping, but you are complaining about materialistic women? Isn't that just a tad hypocritical?
 Mecheng001
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/10/2007 9:00:27 AM
I think what the OP is getting at is, there are less & less very attractive women these days, because of the FAT problem, in the US and many other countries.

This gives these very attractive women a sense of entitlement to the BEST of the BEST of everything!

These women don't have to compete for men, all the men are competing for them, so they can get away with being that way.

Men believe they should be with women they are really attracted to, and that they love and get the same love in return... Men don't want to have to move down a notch or two on the beauty scale, but that seems to be the case these days when you look around...

The OP is right, you can just tell by the way these women walk, talk on their cells, etc. Stuck up as hell!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2007 9:09:48 AM
there are less and less very attractive women these days because of the FAT problem?
are you kidding me?
Im amazed at the average looking men on dating sites that make comments about having
to move down a notch or two on the beauty scale to get love in return.
I think there are less and less attractive men these days because arrogance just isn't attractive...and neither is rudeness.
Who the heck makes these rules?
jaysus.

Mecheng001
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/10/2007 9:16:16 AM
there are less and less very attractive women these days because of the FAT problem?

Prove to me that this isn't the case...

I'm 33, I have been looking at women with the typical male sexual desires now for over 25 years.

All I have to do is look around to see that in fact, there are less and less VERY attractive women around than their used to be. Yes, men are getting fat too, but for some reason it seems more women are having problems than men in this area.

And look at the young girls these days. FAT FAT FAT... In another 25 years, a thin attractive woman will be the thing of the past. They will no longer exists...

I see good looking men with not so good looking women all over the place here, it's a sad trend IMO...

Maybe it's just where I live...

arrogance just isn't attractive...and neither is rudeness

I'm just being honest. That's the way I see it...
 Bk2
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/10/2007 9:29:00 AM
(just had to reply -not a girl)

Hi Milkdrops,

never caught your age....but you have said, "What is the deal with attractive/hot women these days? they seem to have a whole stuck up type "i'm above everyone" type walk as they strutt down the road on the mobiles..."

First of all you are generalizing - this is an unjust statement...

One person stated that what you could be feeling is that protection mechanism.....you know protecting themselves from the following: .... guys who are bitter because they are refused....the droolers.....certain guys that only want one thing....etc...etc...etc...

Some people, certain people, might draw concern when you state, "I'm not some rapist in the making or anything lol but its obvious they seem to have a type of self acclaimed superior status..." This is not something to laugh about....bad comment -again something any woman would put the walls of protection up against...

So on a more positive note: Milkdrops....might be best to take off the mask....some might find that creepy. Just be the best person you can be...and yes, that means respect -respecting all types of women...and all types of men.

Remember the person within usually shines out and attracts all kinds -so begin by getting real and positive. Never know that one woman that you feel is the most beautiful in the world might take notice of you.... Be the best you can be!

Wishing you luck!

O:)

PS -^^^ and yes, there are some other bitter people too that should definitely give their heads a big shake..... Respect.... is lost in so many people .... some never learn!
 SweetTreat
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2007 9:30:50 AM
In regards to the OP....some women are snobs in general some aren't, and it doesn't matter what package they come in. Someone that is what society deems hot, would have the advantage of acting like a bit-ch and still have her pick of men if she wanted to, simply because men are visual creatures, and will often put up with alot of crap just to have that "beautiful girl"....ya know the one to show off to friends, to show off to buddies, family, at the beach, etc.

I think what the OP is getting at is, there are less & less very attractive women these days, because of the FAT problem, in the US and many other countries.

Fat, obesity, an epidemic, was not even mentioned in the OP. And I saw who posted this and wow to my utter amazement it's someone who at every chance they get, enjoys bashing fat women in the forums.

he OP is right, you can just tell by the way these women walk, talk on their cells, etc. Stuck up as hell!

Wow nothing like judging anyone eh? So someone you deem beautiful walks by and by the way she talks on her cell and walks, you can determine whether she's stuck up or not? You are an impressive individual, I suggest selling your services if you can accomplish that.

I see good looking men with not so good looking women all over the place here,

1. Just because you don't think they are goodlooking, doesn't mean the guy they are with doesn't think they are.
2. Maybe they actually found a deeper connection with the girl than just her body.
3. Maybe they aren't stuck up snobs..like..oh...say...yourself?

I find it ironic that you have the nerve to sit and say "I can tell by the way she walks and talks that she's stuck up", and in the next sentence, you act stuck up against women that don't meet your standard of beauty. Get over yourself. If you looked like oh let's say Vin Diesel..I could understand your attitude in the forums about wanting beauty and there being less beauty and all these "fat chicks" over populating the world..but you don't...so sweetie, get over yourself.
 grizzelda
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2007 9:39:37 AM
Alex I have heard about insight and observations. But once again those are at best assumptions bases on how the observer perceives what they are looking at. That is my point. The OP made sweeping statements about total strangers based on their looks and how he interperets their behaviour when they are talking on a cell phone of all things! Not based on anything other than that, nothing based on actual interaction with the woman. Then the OP goes on to make another sweeping generalization that these women are only interested in Hot guys because of their looks and apparent earning potential. And then he also makes the judgement on these men and their ability to have relationships with these women! Wow there was a whole lot of leaping to conclusions going on in that. Sorry if I didnt immediately say poor you and blame the hot women for his issues, and I get called immature?
 Mecheng001
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/10/2007 9:40:04 AM
SweetTreat.

I did say TALK as well...

Uhm yes, you most certainly can tell by the way they talk, whether it's to you or someone else.

And my point about the fat is, yes, more & more guys are chasing a smaller group of women because there are more fat women, hence giving the very attractive women a sense of entiltement that contributes to their attitude problems...

I have nothing to get over, I'm just stating facts...

And I never said I was hot, or even attractive... I'm stating my theory on why more & more women are like what the OP has described.

I think it's a very valid theory, sorry you don't like it...
 dpd22
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/10/2007 9:44:28 AM
Not all hot women are snobs. Some average looking and below average looking women can be snobs as well. Maybe a few attractive men think they are hot, then they suddenly think they can get every attractive man and ignore the decent looking ones who they might be more compatible with.
 Diamond Stunna
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/10/2007 9:59:25 AM
I admire Dianoor honesty and she recognized that she's on of those hot women that is not materilistic and not stuck up.

I think hot woman just have the luxury of being picky which make guys think there stuck up. SO Dianoor being up front and honest is projected as being stuck up.

this also works vice versa.
 ubkobalt
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/10/2007 10:10:37 AM

PS I will add that these so called stuck up chick are probably sick of guys like you that only ask them out because of their looks, not because of who they are.

Why the hell would I want someone who's stuck up? And why would I want someone I don't find physically attractive?
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Why are the hottest women always the most stuck up and materialistic?