Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Question about deleted accounts      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 must love my life
Msg: 1
Question about deleted accountsPage 1 of 1    
I have lost a friend of mine, I see that the msgs that he had sent me had all been deleted and when I went to the user search box and typed in his name, it came up blank. This happened before with a friend of mine but when I 'user searched' her, it came up what day she had closed her account. I'm confused.Can anyone please explain this to me? Thank you.

Click on the Following Link To Delete Your Account

DELETE MY ACCOUNT

yayawhatever
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Question about deleted accounts
Posted: 5/16/2007 7:17:04 AM
It appears the account has been deleted by Admin. To save you a bit of time in the future you might want to browse through the FAQs and familiarize yourself with them.

Someone I was talking with last evening was suddenly gone too. Perhaps there was a sweep of multiple accounts or something.

Check here for more information:

FAQ - Profile Suddenly Deleted ?:

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts7308292.aspx

Hope it answers your question.
 justanotherfish
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2008 6:39:03 PM
I have been searching for the past hour looking for any answer that states how long after an account is closed or deleted before a person can reuse that particular username.

Does it stay (closed or delete) for a year or a few months then becomes available for a person to snag again later?

Or do the usernames stay in a hidden from public list that can no long be used again?

I have seen posts that indicate that the usernames may become usable again in the future.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/29/2008 7:23:57 PM
I have been searching for the past hour looking for any answer that states how long after an account is closed or deleted before a person can reuse that particular username.

Immediately, as long as that User Name has not been taken and is available.
 MyPieGirl
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/30/2008 7:23:13 PM
I blocked someone as a bit of a joke when we were playing around and when I unblocked him he couldn't get back on to the site. All of a sudden his account was deleted and he was gone... Does anyone know who I can contact to undo this? He definitely didn't do anything that I'm aware of to get his account deleted... He thinks it's because I blocked him. Is that what happens when you block someone? They get deleted?

Thanks!
 Ticketoride
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/30/2008 8:03:46 PM
^^^ No. Usually the result of Spam/Scam Messaging Content why a Profile gets deleted.
 MyPieGirl
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/1/2008 1:39:00 AM
But he didn't do this and his account was deleted right after I blocked him. Can his account be retrieved once it has been deleted? Thanks.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/1/2008 10:44:01 AM
But he didn't do this and his account was deleted right after I blocked him.

Incidental. Profiles do not get deleted because of Messaging Blocks.

Can his account be retrieved once it has been deleted?

Related Links:Nope, deleted is gone, not recoverable.
 Canadianivek
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/1/2008 5:12:46 PM
eh hows it going?....simply wondering if there anyWAY I can find out if
a person either a) quit or b) got booted ...if they are gone?...meaning which one was it?...thanks
 Ticketoride
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/1/2008 6:22:08 PM
if there anyWAY I can find out if
a person either a) quit or b) got booted ...if they are gone?

Do a User Search first.

If he won't show up, that Profile was deleted, or is hidden.

Check your First Contact History if you have previously Corresponded with that User.

Related Links:E-Mail: Auto-Deleted after 30 Days/View All Messages
E-Mail: First Contact History Missing Users

If you know the URL of that User's Profile, then simply paste it into the Browser Address Bar. If it doesn't show up, the Profile has been deleted.

You can also poll by Mail if a Hidden User exists, as long as you know the exact Spelling of that User's Name and meet their Mail Settings Restrictions. Fire out an E-Mail to that hidden User, and if you can locate a copy of that Mail in your Sent Msg/Outbox Folder, then that User exists.

You can also mail a Moderator if you have a good Reason for the Enquiry.

Related Links:Profiles: Being Invisible/Hidden
Profiles: How can a Hidden Profile been seen?
E-Mail: Contact Restrictions
 habepe
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/12/2011 3:06:12 PM
Can someone tell me how can I delete my profile from POF?

Thanks

Click on the Following Link To Delete Your Account

DELETE MY ACCOUNT

gymtanlacrosse
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/13/2011 3:12:02 AM
if i delete my account do th unread sent messages delete???????
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/13/2011 3:27:28 AM
Um, nope.
 Alexandraaww
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/3/2013 2:17:55 PM
If someone's account is deleted by admin because it is fake will POF contact the people they have been talking to & inform them?
 import_from_UK
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/4/2013 10:59:27 AM
^^ No but there are a few clues when an account has been deleted by POF.

If POF removes an account, all traces of it will be gone. The conversation in your Inbox will completely disappear, not just one side of it.
A username search will yield nothing - a user deleted account will yield a result showing the user deleted the account.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Question about deleted accounts