Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > My date with the Drag queen.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tdh46
Msg: 1
My date with the Drag queen. Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I once was a member of another site which will remain name less, but has the initials LL.

One day while i was logged in someone clicked on Im and started chatting with me. I looked at the person's profile and noticed there was no picture, I pointed out that i don't like chatting with someone without knowing what they looked like, this person then made me feel rather badly about being so superficial, but they did assure me that if we ever met i would be pleasantly suprised.

Against my better judgement i gave this person my msn and we continued our conversations there, every once in awhile the picture thing would come up and i would get some kind of excuse, i would also mention meeting and would get rebuffed in that also. We talked almost everyday for about a month, finally i said either we meet or i see a picture of what you looked like, at that point i was pretty much done wasting my time. We decided to meet a few days later for coffee at a starbucks in my neighborhood.

I get to the starbucks early and i am sitting in the back, right at the appointed time i see them come in, oh i knew it was them instantly, who else could it be with my luck, they came over to me stuck their hand out and said "Hi i am sherry" I am totally stunned for a minute because standing infront of me is a man dressed in drag. It was not even the good "drag" the wig was kind of twisted on his head, his lipstick looked like it was put on in a rush. And his entire outfit looked like it was barrowed from his grandmothers closet. even his purse looked out dated. But he was wearing a nice pair of pumps, although i never knew they made womens shoes that large.

So for the next 45 minutes i am stuck in a coffee shop that i go to a few times a week having coffee with a drag queen. Everytime the door opens i try sliding a little deeper into my chair just in case it's someone that might recognize me. That was the longest 45 minutes of my life. I would rather be on the balcony of a burning highrise waiting on the fire truck to come get me than ever go through something like that again.

I never did mention anything about him being a drag queen, I figured he was screwed up enough with me ragging on him and messing him up any further. W hen i got home i just wrote him an e-mail telling him i don't think we were a match. I deleted him from my msn but i never blocked him, so every now and then he would come online and ask me how my kids were doing and chit chat a little about life in general.

My msn buddy the drag queen.

Should i have handled it differently?

how would you have handled the same situation?
 a*little*lonely
Msg: 2
The worst date ever in the history of dating.
Posted: 5/20/2007 2:26:52 PM
OMG that is way too funny. But good for you for handling it so gracefully. Some rednecks would have punched he/she out.
You have class!!! Good on you.
 Low_Maintainance
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2007 2:33:32 PM
I would be totally devasted and to be honest i thin you handled it extremely well there are many men out there that would have beaten this guy to death but like you said his head was probably pretty mushed. Like your self i am pretty reluctant to talk to people who dont have a pic on their profile and in some circumstances you dont necessarily get what the pic shows you. For example the pic could have been taken before they piled on 200 pounds or they grew a full head of grey hair replacing the bautiful gold locks shown in the pic. But lets face it everytime you consider meeting someone you are taking a chance and that is what scares me to death about taking that step. There are so many things to consider and this just proves that it isnt just women that need to stay safe but also men as well.
Hope you have better luck in the future x x
 Poshlady
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/20/2007 3:00:34 PM
This was so funny!! I think you have made a friend for life. You did handle it pretty well, considering the circumstances and the unexpected shemale. Maybe you could tell where to find a better wig next time!
 MapleSweet
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/20/2007 3:32:59 PM
Geez, op, you should definitely get a medal for grace under pressure! OMG! I can't believe that happened to you, lol. That says a lot about you in a positive way. Hope you have much better luck in the future...
 Vancer
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/20/2007 3:36:15 PM
Damn, you did okay in the situation.
I wouldn't have been able to stay and chat with the drag queen for more than 30 minutes.
 Arugula
Msg: 7
My date with the Drag queen.
Posted: 5/20/2007 3:37:06 PM

So for the next 45 minutes i am stuck in a coffee shop that i go to a few times a week having coffee with a drag queen. Everytime the door opens i try sliding a little deeper into my chair just in case it's someone that might recognize me. That was the longest 45 minutes of my life. I would rather be on the balcony of a burning highrise waiting on the fire truck to come get me than ever go through something like that again.

Yeh, but did you get lucky?
 tdh46
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/20/2007 3:44:55 PM
"yeh, but did you get lucky" very funny argula
 ecaepydal
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/20/2007 3:47:09 PM
HA!

Now I don't feel so bad about some of my screwy (no pun intended) dates...

Hey tdh46, in my humble opinion, you handled it with class.

Do you mean to tell me that her voice didn't give her away? Wow!?
 chrissyangel
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/20/2007 3:58:30 PM
That is real funny but like the others said you did handle it very well,would like to have seen the look on your face when you seen him/her coming towards you,at least your a nice guy,not nasty.Happenend to my ex sim thing,met in club,he didnt know until he got to his flat and put his hand up his skirt,he got out as fast as he could,or so he tells me
 realviclady
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/20/2007 4:03:52 PM
"W hen i got home i just wrote him an e-mail telling him i don't think we were a match"

Thank you, tdh, for making me laugh until I cried!

I think you handled the situation with dignity and CLASS!

RVL
 ohiogirl2009
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/20/2007 4:09:51 PM
Yeah,you did handle it will class! I would not blame you if you left the "date" right when you seen who it was, after all this person presented themself dishonestly as a woman so you had no obligation to stay there.
 whats_in_a_name
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/20/2007 4:17:38 PM
You did handle it with class. I would never have stayed 45 minutes; divide that time by 10 and it would still be longer than I would have stayed... though I would not have been impolite either...

This kind of story is the reason why I never meet without seeing a picture AND talking on the phone first. I did break this rule ONCE without regretting it, but I won't break it again anyway.
 goingforward
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/20/2007 4:17:48 PM
OMG...!!! and you stayed for 45 minutes......??? I will say you handled it with class, but 45 minutes dude....?? Where in the deceit did you feel obligated to stay 45 minutes......??? I think there is more to this story than you are telling us....?? and the fact that you liked his "pumps" ..... HHmmmmmm...??
 wolf river
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/20/2007 4:22:05 PM

Do you mean to tell me that her voice didn't give her away? Wow!?

You've scored big points here today as far as class goes.
Some years back, I worked as a Front Desk Clerk at a motel in a town which once a year hosts the Drag Queen Competition. At the same time, we also housed a number of truck drivers from various OTR companies. Some of the "ladies" were impossible to tell apart. The greatest source of entertainment? You guessed it! When the truck drivers got around to noticing the shoe size on the enchanting lady who'd caught their eye. Sometimes, you can't tell until it's too late! We had a "heshe" here in town who hooked up with the local stud (his title for himself) and the poor guy didn't find out until she showed him just how much they really had in common. I wonder if he ever got it up again????
 tdh46
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/20/2007 5:14:17 PM
"Do you mean to tell me that her voice didn't give her away" actually i never spoke to her/him on the phone before we met. But once i met him it would have been very easy to tell....Dude had a Barry White thing going on with his voice.
 trailertrashh
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/20/2007 5:27:49 PM
Many years ago I went on a double date. For me it was a blind one. When we arrived "my" guy looked like Dee Shneider from Twisted Sister. Big white hair,earrings and more make up then me. When we got to the bar he said I could only use the fake ID if I gave him a BJ. I sat in the Trans Am alone for 6 hours and never spoke to the 3 again. Looking back I think that was one of my better dates
 mogrl42
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2007 5:39:33 PM
you did really well considering ...........lol.Sorry,I can just see you sitting there ,sliding down in your seat everytime the door opens.
 kaisenji
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/20/2007 5:56:45 PM
Politely gotten up and left explaining why I don't appreciate the deception.

Of course, you are speaking to someone who goes to prides/gay bars 'cause I can party w/o the pressure of impressing anyone.
 Karrpilot
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2007 6:03:45 PM
And i thought i had bad luck. You got to meet Vicky with the Dicki. Remember that old telephone ad? Phone first!
 tdh46
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/20/2007 6:48:26 PM
Actually there are quite a few "women" on pof that's had the operation. They actually make a point of telling you in their profiles. Which is totally cool them being honest about it and letting a guy make up his own mind. But i will still pass thanks.
 hockeygal07
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/20/2007 6:50:40 PM

Now that is a funny first date At least he (she?) did not try to kiss you at the end of the date to see if there was any chemistry

I would have handled it the same way (not that I ever want to me in the same situation!). Obviously they were dishonest and misrepresented themselves - end of story for me.
Knowing me I would have wanted some sort of explanation though - lol.

And wolfriver - that made me crack up!
 jewelescent
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/20/2007 8:46:17 PM
tdh, you've had some pretty interesting first dates. i need to tag along next time you have another one
 TS_69er
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/20/2007 9:01:57 PM
Ok, this story sounds like Bullshit, youre telling me a guy of your intelligence is going to let that happen to you? speaking to someone on msn without seeing a pic, I think i saw that on Jerry Springer last week dude.
 *Babydoll272*
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2007 9:19:57 PM
I'm in total agreement with Tonydaboss...this story doesn't sound kosher to me...and to think that you stayed with this so called Drag queen for 45 min.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > My date with the Drag queen.