Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Unsubscribe from POF eMails      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JessKO
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Unsubscribe from POF eMailsPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
How can I stop receiving the monthly emails from PlentyofFish about where the site is, how many people are using it, bla bla bla and a whole bunch of other stuff I don't need to know or already know cause they send the dang email EVERY MONTH.

I don't want them anymore.
I use the site enough to not need to be reminded to use the site.

If you need to delete your account, click the HELP link at the top of your screen and follow the directions or read the following FAQ: How To Delete Your / My Account and proceed to delete yourself. There is no staff to fill such requests.

JessKO
Msg: 2
view profile
History
unsubscribe
Posted: 5/22/2007 2:49:15 PM
I thought that was the case.

I want the option to not be notified every month.

I'm sure other people want the option too.

And here I will talk some more and more because my message is too short.
Even though I've already said everything I need to say about email notices.
 someplace***
Msg: 3
unsubscribe
Posted: 5/22/2007 3:25:06 PM
that's a good point.

Monthly or weekly emails about new matches or anything else, may be a good way to reach people who don't log in often.

But if someone logs in to this site daily, do they really need occassional notices that they have new matches, or any other reminder that the site exists?
 Ticketoride
Msg: 4
unsubscribe
Posted: 5/22/2007 3:47:39 PM
How can I stop receiving the monthly emails from PlentyofFish about where the site is, how many people are using it, bla bla bla and a whole bunch of other stuff I don't need to know or already know cause they send the dang email EVERY MONTH.

Virtually every E-Mail Client/Service nowadays, whether provided by your ISP or Online, has built-in Spam Filters so you can choose what E-Mails you would like to block.

Use it !!! Then you'll never see one again.
 markus
Msg: 5
view profile
History
unsubscribe
Posted: 5/22/2007 7:02:02 PM
We only send out the new matches email.

Anything else is a faked email. Getting complaints about people using fake plentyoffish addresses to send out spam
 rsx11s
Msg: 6
unsubscribe
Posted: 5/22/2007 7:19:44 PM
Not every isp offers spam filtering and or course if you run your own mail servers this does not help.

I have some addresses that go back to the 80s... they now get 4000 spams an *hour*. I've actually found books with them in there. Greaaaat.

What I've found worked better than things like spamassassin or popfilter is Gmail. You forward you rmail to Gmail then forward that to an unknown private address. It works amazingly well. To be sure I still get a couple of spams a day but I can live with that.

SPF records work to cut down on forged spam. it's just a TXT record in your DNS. There's a "wizard" out there someplace that generates the correct SPF records for your domain(s).

Some sites, such as hotmail won't even accept mail from servers without SPF records although this is hit and miss - sometimes they do sometimes they don't and when they don't they just drop the mail on the floor with no notice to sender or recipient.
 Demogorgo
Msg: 7
unsubscribe
Posted: 5/16/2008 3:56:50 PM
The weekly matches email should be optional. Why should I continue to use a service that I have to treat like a spammer? There's other sites that are thoughtful enough to not do this. I'm quitting now

Door to the far right ----> Account Deletions
 Stevanich
Msg: 8
unsubscribe
Posted: 5/6/2010 5:43:54 PM
How do I remove my profile?

The HELP link at the top of the page or in the prior post would be an excellent start.
 mzincorrigible
Msg: 9
unsubscribe
Posted: 5/6/2010 6:03:49 PM
See link above.

Good luck.
 *mandrake*
Msg: 10
unsubscribe
Posted: 5/6/2010 8:35:48 PM
I don't get matches from here...I mark anything from Customer Care as spam...and let anything from POF go to my mail. Easy!
 lighttou
Msg: 11
view profile
History
unsubscribe
Posted: 6/30/2010 1:49:46 PM
I have this amazingly complicated 'delete' option on my inbox....................

Dancintheniteaway
Msg: 12
unsubscribe
Posted: 8/8/2010 7:49:49 PM
I do not want to be on POF anymore, please take my profile off asap.

Thanks, dancintheniteaway
 mzoblivious
Msg: 13
unsubscribe
Posted: 8/10/2010 1:56:29 AM
This is basically a DYI/hands-on type format.

Press "Help" at the top of any page.

Scroll two lines further, press "Resign".

Follow prompts and Ta Dah!!!

You're free.

Cheers.
 slutmeister
Msg: 14
unsubscribe
Posted: 9/22/2010 2:43:01 AM
I want my profile hidden and to stop receiving emails. I'd like to be able to quickly open up my account in the future :)

Not allowing people to unsubscribe from your website's automated emails is against netiquette and classed as spam. Google has a button called "Report as spam". In response to your solution, that's what I'll be doing.

Thanks
 AyMikey
Msg: 15
view profile
History
unsubscribe
Posted: 10/10/2010 7:14:59 AM
"How do I cancel my profile?
Sign into your POF account, click on 'Resign' under the menu bar, fill out your username, password, and reason for leaving. "

Maybe i'm just having a bad day but there doesn't seem to be a 'Resign' button anywhere, please take my profile of your site and stop sending me emails!!!
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 16
view profile
History
unsubscribe
Posted: 10/10/2010 7:41:38 AM
Mikey only YOU can delete your account. This is a self service web site

http://www.plentyoffish.com/deleteaccountb.aspx

Try that.

Cowboy
 swire14
Msg: 17
unsubscribe
Posted: 12/12/2010 9:39:02 AM
I have started marking the messages as spam as the moderator suggested. That is crazy though that POF would rather have you classify them as spam then give you the option to stop the emails. They will wake up someday because some email providers like Yahoo will flag an entire domain as a spammer and will block messages or at the least put them all in a spam box. Why an internet company would choose to do this is beyond me...but good luck with that.
 DoINeedOne
Msg: 18
unsubscribe
Posted: 12/12/2010 9:40:12 AM
a very much underlooked & underutilised feature of email is the use of the '+' symbol in an email address.

In an email address anything from the '+' to the '@' is ignored by the receiving MTA (Mail Transport Authority)

eg

myusername+SITE1@isp.com and myusername+SITE2@isp.com should both get delivered to myusername@isp.com

You can use this if you only have a single mail address to help identify where spam is originating from(eg if the only place you have used myusername+RandomWebsite@isp.com is at RandomWebsite then they must have passed on your details elsewhere) as well as to filter your mail to seperate folders (eg if mail is received for myusername+RandomWebsite@isp.com then place in a folder called RandomWebsite)
 elliejune
Msg: 19
unsubscribe
Posted: 1/9/2011 10:26:12 PM
I wish to be deteted from POF site. I no longer need the notifications.
Rhanks
elliejune

We appreciate that but this is a self service web site. ONLY YOU can delete your profile. Read the moderators reply in message 8 several times.
 boobayou
Msg: 20
unsubscibe
Posted: 4/21/2011 7:25:41 AM
please unsubscribe me from you website as of 4/21/2011....wendy lena
 SymphonicSoulDance
Msg: 21
view profile
History
unsubscibe
Posted: 5/5/2011 9:35:26 AM
Please unsubscribe me from your website and delete my profile
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 22
view profile
History
unsubscibe
Posted: 5/5/2011 9:53:18 AM

Please unsubscribe me from your website and delete my profile

You have a reading comprehension problem it seems. Only YOU can delete your profile as has been stated many times in this thread.

The very best I can do is point you to the quick way out of here.

If you want your profile deleted, may I suggest using the Express Line here:

CLICK HERE to Delete My Profile

Cowboy
 Arphaxad
Msg: 23
view profile
History
unsubscribe
Posted: 8/14/2011 4:05:12 AM
PLEASE REMOVE MY NAME FROM YOUR SITE. I NO LONGER WISH TO USE YOUR PLENTY OF FISH TO FIND A MATE. THANK YOU
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 24
unsubscribe
Posted: 8/14/2011 8:09:46 AM
You have to delete it yourself. Click on the link provided right above your post.
 mummyof2x
Msg: 25
unsubscribe
Posted: 11/15/2011 3:02:27 PM
i dont want to b on this site anymore

So delete yourself - click the HELP link at the top of your screen or read the following FAQ: How To Delete Your / My Account and proceed to delete yourself. There is no staff to fill such requests.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Unsubscribe from POF eMails