Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > How many dates before you expect to have sex?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kobi123
Msg: 1
How many dates before you expect to have sex?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
This is by no means any type of statement about men, I am just curious..how many dates before you would approach the gal you are dating for sex or is there such a number or is it a matter of timing, when the time feels right. Also if the connection is really, really there, do you ever approach her the first date. I was told by a good friend, who is male, never to have sex on the first date as you will never hear back from that guy again. Is there any truth to that. Just seeking your opinion guys. Thanks. Maybe this has been asked before, I am rather new and all my postings seem to get deleted due to being redundant, lol.
 carlbudd
Msg: 2
How many dates before you expect to have sex?
Posted: 5/23/2007 3:53:39 AM
well with i i got to get to know the girl 1st and once i know her then i could be then as long as there ready if not ill wait till they fill rigth to have sex so it could be 1 month or 6 months lol
 wowsad
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/23/2007 4:14:05 AM
i'm pretty sure it depends.. but i mean, the first night is a good place to start. i don't think they're sluts, i think i'm special haha
 charliemcsd
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2007 4:16:21 AM

This is by no means any type of statement about men, I am just curious..how many dates before you would approach the gal you are dating for sex or is there such a number or is it a matter of timing, when the time feels right.

This is not a "guy" issue... there are women who "want" it "right away" also...
But I digress. For me, I like the connection...
 Nick Thinker
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/23/2007 5:36:51 AM
Let me put it this way. Assume I am flying on a plane and I am sitting next to a Hollywood actress. A well known and attractive one. And we talk for an hour or so, she invites me to go to the WC and do it. I will decline. Why? Because I only sleep with women I know (of course protected in any case).

Over the years, I have occasionally slept with a woman on a "first date" but except for one case (when I was a college freshman) I knew the woman already. I do not like to go to bed with strangers (or enemies, lol). I am not interested. First I wanna talk and "connect".

Thus I would say that it is not the number of dates that is the "criterion". It is the quality of the dates or meets or knowledge of the person too.
 Addictive1
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2007 6:32:58 AM
I don't think you can go by the number of dates. I won't have sex for the first three months, I prefer to make sure its someone I want to date for long term.
 c_deacon
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2007 6:59:12 AM
It is not the number of dates, but much more the connection and chemistry between the two of you.......

The world of dating has changed much from when most of us were very young, and women are empowered to decide and act the way they care to with their men. Mature men have also learned that they do not have to run the whole show and make all the moves and decisions for dating and knowing a woman.

I enjoy this change and opportunity for equality, in and out of the bedroom, and the number of dates before sex is a part of the relationship will be determined equally, discussed openly, honestly, and both tested for safety, time, and concern for each other and the over all relationship.......

Just my opinion.......
 Nick Thinker
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/23/2007 7:49:32 AM
Having said what I said in my previous post, I neverthless think that 3 months (!!!!) is way too long, unless the 2 persons live far apart and do not often meet face to face.

Assuming the two people see each other 2 times per week and talk everyday on the phone, 3 months is "years". Frankly, I think it is excessive! Might as well remain "platonic" friends and nothing more forever!! Moderation is key. And 3 months has an air of 1800s!!!
 Duckman_2
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/23/2007 8:11:14 AM
Personally, I prefer it before we have our first date...
 Cort1295
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/23/2007 8:36:49 AM
I have never and probably would never sleep with someone I didn't know very well. When I was in my teens and a bit more desperate I probably would've been fine with it after a couple of dates, but now I'm a bit pickier and wouldn't expect it until we'd entered an exclusive relationship.
 Siliputi
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/23/2007 10:37:28 AM
It all depends on how comfortable you are with each other. One thing leads to another and eventually it just happens...trying to put a specific length of time on such a thing only cheapens it. Thats my opinion anyways.
 TheWorldIsMyPlayground
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/23/2007 11:10:29 AM
The 8 hour rule is my mantra. Hour for coffee, three hours of tennis, dinner at my place and hanging out, then sex. Three hours at the art fair, two hour wine tasting, one hour walk in the park, sex etc. Phone time counts too. Within eight hours together we should be intimate.
 happyboi
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/23/2007 11:30:16 AM
Hmmm, I was married for 12 years to a woman I had sex with, on the first date. I will admit, I talked to her some, before the first date. Most of the women I have dated, I have slept with on the 2nd date. Guess I am just odd. I have never really understood the mentality of getting a woman in bed, and leaving her.
 MONEMPERER
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/23/2007 11:51:18 AM
I dont know what it is but every date I have ever been on I have slept with her on the first date (always protected) I never try for it it just happens. On the other hand I will wait for when a women feels the want to have sex for the first time. I will wait if she is worth it and not all women are worth it if she is worth it I can wait up till 6 months. Also I dont like being teased all the time it starts to make me think you are a pric tease and will never give it up just toy with me.
 freddie112
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/29/2007 9:26:58 AM
My rule of thumb is never on the first date. After a few cool beverages and some heave petting things can get quite "hot" but no one needs to have regrets in the morning. This is where I say no even if I don't want to. LOL However on the if we connect again the next time is different. Thats just wat I am anyway.
 autofocus
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/29/2007 9:38:05 AM

Personally, I prefer it before we have our first date...

Yeah - otherwise, how would you know if she's worth dating?
 oggers
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2007 10:43:28 AM
First , maybe second at a push ............

........... I know - I'm irresistable ............
 Gazooks
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/29/2007 12:43:51 PM
I'd say 8.5; and that is an absolute. No ifs or buts about it. No exception to the rule. That should be made into a law.
 johnny prophet
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2007 12:55:42 PM
I generally don't go out on "dates" with women that I am not interested in seeing naked. If the idea of sex with that woman is not appealing to me, we don't call it a date. We call it "let's just be friends."

That being said, as soon as I notice that the woman that I am interested in seeing naked seems to have a similar interest in my own naked body, and she hasn't done anything to make me STOP wanting to see her naked, I will "make a move."

Whether or not that "move" succeeds will be up to her.

So.. how many dates before sex? As many as she seems to require.

I dated a woman who said to me, "I often sleep with men early, and then I dump them. I really like you a lot, so I would like to wait a little while before we have sex."

If she asks me to wait, I will wait. But not indefinitely. After a month of regular dating, if there isn't some kind of physicality, I'm going to re-evaluate whether or not she's actually INTO me or not. But that has only happened once.

Most of the time? First date. Her choice.
 -lebanese-lion--
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/29/2007 3:43:12 PM
hmmmm..

as long as it needs to happen til either it happens, or its time to either S*IT or get off the POT!!!

hahahah...

nah.... i prefer NOT first date. its too dang easy. but if it takes some work, and time for emotions to grow, then its better that way.....
 ColdRedRain
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2007 6:10:07 PM
http://sparq-l.com/stuff/images/misc/i****OnFirstDate.jpg

Ahem
 ColdRedRain
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2007 6:11:13 PM
http://sparq-l.com/stuff/images/misc/iFu-ckOnFirstDate.jpg remove the dash.
 zombies are chasing me
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/29/2007 6:17:54 PM

Thus I would say that it is not the number of dates that is the "criterion". It is the quality of the dates or meets or knowledge of the person too.
ditto
 g54cs
Msg: 24
How many dates before you expect to have sex? wow
Posted: 5/29/2007 6:45:25 PM
ahh nick, still the gentleman; i have so much faith in your comments; first
dates just don't do it, thanks for the similar same comment
 workingonagoodname13
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/29/2007 6:55:43 PM

I'd say 8.5; and that is an absolute. No ifs or buts about it. No exception to the rule. That should be made into a law

....but I'm thinking that rule only applies if you can stick a spoon on your nose during that 8th and (oh so gooood) date?

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > How many dates before you expect to have sex?