Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Anyone tried the It's just lunch dating service?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tallandthinman
Msg: 1
Anyone tried the It's just lunch dating service?Page 1 of 1    
Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone tries that it's just lunch dating site. Seems like it's going to cost an arm and a leg. If you or you know someone who has tried it, give me a shout. I wonder if it is worthwhile money or not. Thanks!
 Quest4Bliss
Msg: 2
Anyone tried the It's just lunch dating service?
Posted: 5/25/2007 11:10:58 AM
I just talked to a friend of mine about it yesterday. She has a cousin who is doing it in Milwaukee and is really happy with the results so far.

I asked her to find out the cost, because my sister used another service that cost around $3000 for 9 dates. Anyway, here's what she said about Just For Lunch...

It's about $1400.00 for a year. She said they have different packages 6mos. etc. but she thought it was worth it. She said that is a minimum of 14 dates but she said she's on track for alot more than that so far she said she averages about one a week and has two this weekend.

Hot Fish
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2007 11:43:33 AM

It's about $1400.00 for a year. . She said that is a minimum of 14 dates .

I belonged to Triangle Solo in Chapel Hill/Durham. Local, non-profit. $5-10 to join, $3 at door which covered meats-cheeses, bread deli tray with salads. Soft drinks $.25, beer .50, wine-liquor $1. TGIF at a members home each Friday. 6-10 PM. Plenty of volunteers made it run smoothly. Plenty of good spirits, companionship, conversation. Made a few wonderful friends that lasted years 'til I moved. It was the best way to meet and get to know people. NO obligations, SAFE, go slow and beat playas, freedom! It was geared to the University Community though anyone could come. It was the best "meeting potential dates? scenerio I ever experienced. I did meet a few jerks that bluntly wanted to get laid but good outweighed bad by far.

In Memorium of Jenny Portwood, wonderful friend.
 wildcardtxxx
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/25/2007 1:49:29 PM
***cost around $3000 for 9 dates.***

i'd date her 20 times for $1000.00.. maybe $500.00
 Naughtical
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/25/2007 5:18:07 PM
Everyone should know that all the good ones are right here on POF. You men need to find someone on here and then you can spend all that money on us.
 MallardHunter
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/25/2007 5:31:41 PM
For what it cost it should be called....I'm really desperate....
 pureandnatural
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2007 5:46:45 PM
Years ago, I paid for the service. It was about $1,300 for 6 months, or it could be a year. They do criminal background checks on all members. Even though I had 14 or so dates, they were not that good. It all depended on the questionnaire we filled out when we joined and some of the guys I met said they do an activity currently (like bridge) but had actually done it 25 years ago. In addition, they weren't upfront with the members about who they would be meeting. (I went out with an IRS agent from Fresno, thinking he's from Orange County.) For each date we were assigned, we were to meet at an upscale restaurant from their pre-designated list, with each one of us paying our own way. So, it got even more pricey as the service continued. Even if we designated "Do not have me date someone that does ____", lo and behold, here's someone who does that same ___--the choosers do not listen to your requests. You only know that date's first name when you go to that assigned date.

The variety and features that Plenty of Fish offers far outweighs that pay service. I have met some great guys on this website, and they're a lot less boring.

Incidentally, the service (It's Just Lunch) called me recently to pay again for another 6 months/year, quoting about $1,500 or $2,000 for their service. No Thanks!
 jazz1162
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2007 7:23:05 PM
Don't waste your money- you will have better luck on line-I wish I could get my money back
 WakeDan
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/26/2007 3:02:40 AM
$3000 for 9 months, wow. well i guess if the guys are ponying up the money too, there is basically no chance of a player or non-committing wishy washy Charlie Brown going there.

You have to be pretty serious about finding someone to drop $3000 on a MAYBE.
 Ugliestguyever
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/9/2007 1:23:14 PM
That kind of money is crazy. Let me tell you, you cannot buy love. And most (99.9%) of women older than 25 are either too ****y or really damaged goods. Get poked by guys way too many times, especially the good looking ones. Be careful!
 man with ad
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/9/2007 1:56:09 PM
When women pay for a dating service it is an investment in hopes of finding a rich man. Rich men don't use dating services. Their money attracts women just fine on its own. In fact, a rich man is much more likely to own a dating service than use one. Or even an online dating site.
 flyingbeth
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/27/2012 12:48:06 PM
Look up Consumer Affairs - It's Just Lunch Angry Women. There are tons of complaints about what a scam IJL is.
 jmark4
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/27/2012 10:37:13 PM
no; I have plenty of dates and do not want to use such a rip off service. I hear bad things about it.
 Integra1
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2012 7:01:40 AM
I tried it 2 years ago. What a joke. You never talk to the same person twice in that organization. You have a phone interview with one person.........who's in California............then they shuffle you to someone in Florida who obviously never spoke to the person in California because the Florida person (who is the person who actually matches people up) is clueless. The Florida person set me up with a perfectly nice guy but he was nothing at all like what I described as being what I was looking for and I think the feeling was mutual.

The thing that really made me nuts was that I had to have an "in person" interview with the biggest diva of guy in Calgary. It had to be at his convenience (ie. weeknight evening in his quadrant of the city). I go to the designated meeting place and the jerk stood me up! I never did get an apology. There was no one else that I could have my interview with and I was so pissed off with this jerk that I just never went any further with it.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Anyone tried the It's just lunch dating service?