Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Geneva-On-The-Lake POF get together.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 terry44030
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Geneva-On-The-Lake POF get together.Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I'm putting out feelers to see if there's interest in a get together in Geneva-On-The-Lake, Ohio.

It's a resort with a carnival atmosphere, with an air of 50's nostalgia. There are a few amusement park type rides, games, and plenty of places to eat, drink, and buy souvenirs. Also hotels close by, and the Geneva Lodge, which was just built a couple of years ago.

I'm hoping for a june 23rd or 30th time frame.

Who all is interested??
 Knightwriter34
Msg: 2
Geneva-On-The-Lake POF get together.
Posted: 5/27/2007 4:11:43 AM
I'd be glad to help with a get together at GOTL or there is a picnic pavillion over in the Geneva State park area that would be quite nice, plenty of parking, plenty of picnic tables plus a pavillion, and an area for horseshoes, looks like an area for a volleyball net, and available restrooms.
 DesertFox3
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2007 4:41:56 PM
You Go Terry!

I may be mistaken but I think there are pavilions & a picnic area just to the east within walking distance of the strip too.
 MapleSweet
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/29/2007 6:10:06 PM
Sounds good Terry! DesertFox, the park with the pavillions & picnic area are just a short walk from the end of the strip. It's a really nice park. Sounds like a good time!
 countrytat
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/29/2007 7:28:43 PM
not sure where GOTL is , but just FYI..... the 2nd annual bonfire is happening on june 23 in columbus for ALL fishies!
 DesertFox3
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2007 10:16:38 PM
DesertFox, the park with the pavillions & picnic area are just a short walk from the end of the strip. It's a really nice park. Sounds like a good time!

I'm not sure if that is a state park or city park, but the park Kinghtwriter refers to is a few miles away from the strip (would be a drive if you are including the strip in your activities), but a rather nice state park.

Over by that small park there are a few small retro Motels straight out of the 1950's & '60's, believe it or not that actually was a resort area for the well to do many many moons ago! The smell of the mildew, french fries, cobwebs, redemtion games, Flea market like stores, old amusement park rides, biker bars, & wineries & such is a unique experience of yesteryear, I could not do this every weekend, but sumthing brings me up there at least once a year... it's summer! (& I get some walking excercise too!) a little sumthing for everyone

BTW is the I-90/534 interchange project completed yet?
 DesertFox3
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2007 10:23:45 PM
not sure where GOTL is , but just FYI..... the 2nd annual bonfire is happening on june 23 in columbus for ALL fishies!

(they still allow Open burning there?, they sorta banned that in us E-Check Counties)

Ohhh hijacked by a Columbus event Terry, ya better cancel it! GOTL is in Northwestern Ashtabula County.. about 180 miles from Columbus. (for you geographically challenged, that is the county in the Northeast corner of the state)
 countrytat
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/30/2007 5:13:55 AM
nothing is hijacked desert!!!! i was just giving out info there tends to be more people that show up to an event if there is not another one goin on close by! SO DAMN NEGATIVE!!!!!!!
 MapleSweet
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/30/2007 6:50:24 AM
Thanks for the reminder countrytat, but Columbus is a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive away for up in the NE corner here (even without road construction, lol). It's not *that* close by. It sounds like fun, since it's a large gathering, though I'd rather go to something a wee bit closer than that.
 Knightwriter34
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/30/2007 7:13:19 AM
Let's see, about 13.4 miles to get from here to Geneva on the Lake, and about 197 to get to Columbus. Does that mean you're NOT a cool fish if you DON'T drive the 2+hours to attend the FYI 2nd annual bonfire for ALL fishies?

I didn't see any "SO DAMN NEGATIVE" happening!
 countrytat
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/30/2007 7:16:50 AM
lol NO that doesnt mean your not a cool fish for not coming, i asked where geneva on the lake is because i didnt know and if it were closer to columbus i was jsut giving a heads up!....

and the negative comment was to desert fox..if you look at ALL of his past posts on the forums he is very negative!
 terry44030
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2007 8:49:10 AM
I have traveled as far as Washington Courthouse, Oh for a chat room party (a few times, in fact. But, that was 5 years ago. Gas costs more than double now, and my weary old bones don't like making "long" trips without good cause any more.

So, for those of you that are interested in a get together on June 23rd in Geneva-On-The-Lake, let's do it!!!.I haven't been out there yet (Had hoped for help from someone that lives closeby there....guess not). I'll go this weekend and find a good place to meet.

My thought is to get together for a picnic, or at a restaurant for lunch or dinner, then play games (putt-putt, skee=ball, etc) then meet up at one of the night clubs for drinks, dancing and ....whatever else. Have a fun day.

Personally, I'd rather be at a gathering of 10 people than 210.
 DesertFox3
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2007 9:36:35 AM
and the negative comment was to desert fox..if you look at ALL of his past posts on the forums he is very negative!

Negitave?? I prefer cynical myself! Now you all love to watch Dr Greg House don't you?

Tat seems to have a personal vendetta against me in the past , this's why I leave the fourms on occasion. Tat, I used to drive a lot more when I was your age, but believe it or not your vision diminishes & reflexes slow with age. Again, it's great you have your events & support groups in Columbus, but for many of you it's impractical or impossible to partake.

Weather I attend the GOTL Event or not, it's great to have a few goings on in our remote corner of the state too! Even if the interest isn't as widespread as it is in Columbus. I figured a round trip in my car to Columbus, with gas at 3.29 (I'm being generious too, it was 3.42 at my corner this morning) would cost me $53. I used to attend Amateur Radio Picnics down in Nova (Ashland County) years back, it seemed I spent a good part of the day on the road too.

Oh I did forget about road construction, that makes those long trips twice as long ... no wonder I haven't been in Columbus since 1978.
 TheBigfut
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/30/2007 9:51:55 AM
First off, some of us from Columbus DO make the drives to your neck of the woods for some events.

Secondly, she did ask where it was before some cyncial anally retentive person jumped her about it only to have some more jump on the band wagon and continue the thought process.

So my take is that unless you guys invite us you don't want us there? Tat was simply saying that some of us folks will go to these other events. That was all.

I would like to think that some of us can visit differnt POF events thru the state without needing special permission to do so. Or are you simply saying that you don't want Columbus people to visit ya also?

Next time someone offers to help ya make something work, you might wanna consider the offer before ya look down your nose and just go off for no good reason.
 countrytat
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/30/2007 9:56:53 AM
THANKS FUT!!!! well said! AND good luck on your GOTL party...... i know the road work as i just came from that way this past weekend and it sucks and so does the price of gas!
 TheBigfut
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/30/2007 10:23:07 AM
But my experience is that the new friends and new faces that youu get to know is WELL worth all of that. I will still be hitting Sidelines on the 9th becuase they actually enjoy having ANYONE at their events. OK, that and thebar has some killer food and I wanna meet someone who is supposed to be there. Not to mention I wanna seemy friends from last time ...
 DesertFox3
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2007 10:26:15 AM
Bigfut there seems to be a Columbus area event just about every day, so scheduling around any of these would be impossible, I don't think the case is that we are excluding anyone here, & you seem to be taking it that way.

My remark about the event being 'Hijacked' was tounge & cheek humor, what is going on nearly 200 miles away shouldn't matter, & this thread don't seem to be getting that great of response here anyway, so no harm done. If Terry wants to move it it the 30th that's his call.

OMG the Drama here Can't we all just get along?
 TheBigfut
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/30/2007 10:39:21 AM
I'm still looking for the tounge thing personally speaking ..... wondering what it is and if its half as painful as it sounds ....

All the same I am going to pass this on to you in hopes it takes hold. If ya want to get news out, ya need to keep the thread hopping and bantering is usually the best way to increase the views and keep it fresh in the minds of people. It also helps keep it to the top of the thread page and that will help ya out also.

P S
First part is dripping in sarcasm- just thought I would telly a so ya don't get the panties in a wad.
 Knightwriter34
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/30/2007 10:44:43 AM
This is too funny!

I saw desertfox was joking about the thread being hijacked, and had the same thoughts, but didn't post them.

Those in Columbus COME ON UP for an event. OH WAIT, there isn't one yet for the area (I even looked)!

Do these smileys even work ?

I do remember too hearing during a disagreement with the ex girlfriend her use "just FYI" or when getting in trouble and mom using the same phrase "just FYI" You're grounded.

Off to get my glasses fixed so I'm not looking down my nose at anybody!
 Dreamsalot
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2007 11:32:25 AM
<------Passes out ice creams cones & smiles to everyone. Seems to be a hot day outside & in these forums today..... Or perhaps you would like a or something to eat
 terry44030
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2007 8:30:48 PM
How can you hijack a whole community? I suggested the GOTL party after someone else suggested that it would be a good NE Ohio spot. EVERYONE is welcome to come up here to our "little corner of paradise" - just the same as everyone is welcome to go to any other public place (isn't America grand)? Personally, Columbus in construction season is just wayyyyyy to far for me. Cleveland is gonna be about 1 1/2 hours, and columbus is another hunnert miles or so.

SOOOOO, I dunno yet where we're gonna try to meet up, but I'll figger it out this weekend. Sat, June 23rd
 terry44030
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2007 3:49:56 AM
To get to GOTL, all you have to do is get to rt 534, then go north.
 MapleSweet
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/1/2007 7:48:21 AM
Terry, (if 'ya don't mind :-) I might add for out-of-towners that might be coming via the freeway: route 534 has a Geneva exit on interstate 90. Going East (from Cleveland), it will be the exit after Madison, and going West (from Pennsylvania) the exit follows Ashtabula. Geneva is within about 15 to 20 miles of the Pa line.

Here's a couple G-O-T-L websites for any interested in spending the night there, or just to see what it's like entertainment wise:
www.genevaonthelake.com/
www.visitgenevaonthelake.com/
www.genevaonthelake.net/
 DesertFox3
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2007 8:20:10 AM
West (from Pennsylvania) the exit follows Ashtabula. Geneva is within about 15 to 20 miles of the Pa line.

Not to confuse anyone, It's been a year since I've been out that way, but did you ever notice that the Rt 45 exit (One exit East of the 534 Geneva exit) at I-90 is labled 'Warren' for the Westbound lane & 'Ashtabula' for the Eastbound lane? I used to take 11 into Ashtabula (they have a nice park up there too & the Sunday Car Cruises). Rt 11 is labled as 'Ashtabula' for both directions.

I'm assuming too the the 534/I-90 Interchange is complete.
 DesertFox3
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2007 8:37:25 AM

First part is dripping in sarcasm- just thought I would telly a so ya don't get the panties in a wad.

No Panties... I prefer briefs myself!
Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Geneva-On-The-Lake POF get together.