Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > appear offline when online      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 yea4summer
Msg: 1
appear offline when onlinePage 1 of 1    
I can not seem to find an answer to this. I only have dial up in the country I don't want people trying to chat with me, the system boots me out.

Is this possible?
Sorry if this is posted, I looked and looked but couldn't find.
Thanks
 4you4me4us
Msg: 2
view profile
History
appear offline when online
Posted: 5/30/2007 12:46:39 PM
If you want to appear online, but not receive any instant messages, you go into your mail settings and in the first section there is a box that allows you to say no to instant messages.
If you want to appear offline all the time, go to Edit your profile. At the top of the page there is an option that allows you to hide your profile. However, if you post in the forums you will not be hidden to those viewing your posts.
Hope this helps.
 yea4summer
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/30/2007 3:32:48 PM
Thanks, I think I got it. So there is no such thing as being on line and people not seeing you. Hiding my profile hides the whole thing. I guess that would work if you wanted to check things out and you didn't want anyone to know you are on line. Unless of course if I hide my profile and someone is looking for me. Is that correct?
 Ticketoride
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/30/2007 11:47:26 PM
Even if you have hidden your Profile, those who already have added you to their Favourites can track your Online Status.

Being Invisible/Hidden Profiles
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > appear offline when online