Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What does submissive mean to you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 chorseluvr
Msg: 1
What does submissive mean to you?Page 1 of 1    
I am submissive, not as a role to be played but as a lifestyle. I love who I am and what I can offer to the one who knows how to care for it.

Are there any guys left who care to tend to woman who has such engrained traditonal values? I say traditional because long before women lib and all the other political game playing days, a woman knew her place and was happy with it.

Just a question Ive been pondering lately. Thanks for the time.
 ubkobalt
Msg: 2
What does submissive mean to you?
Posted: 6/2/2007 12:01:26 AM
I'm appreciating submissive more and more each day.

Too many have told me I'M submissive. No, I'm neutral.

But don't go stealing my pants and pointing at me saying "I'm the one wearing the pants around here!" Of course you are. You stole them, and I'd like them back please.
I'd stand up for myself...but you know, my pants appear to have been borrowed.
 Simlasa
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2007 1:55:12 AM
If someone chooses to be submissive... for himself/herself... that's fine by me...
But to think it's the way things are 'supposed' to be?
As in when you say, "a woman knew her place and was happy with it"?

I'd have problems with anyone who really believed that sort of garbage... that 'biblical' crud about men having mastery over women...
'Traditional' doesn't make it a good thing... there are plenty of bad 'traditions'...
 WokkaWokka
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/2/2007 3:17:11 AM
Submissive means easily manipulated,which in turn means its not a 50/50 partnership.
And not to be rude ,but I think you might wanna check with those women before speaking on their behalf,they may have known their place (the one they were given),
but I doubt they were happy with it, more like accepting of a situation they had little control over at the time.
 stuart4321
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/2/2007 6:52:09 AM
Are there any guys left who care to tend to woman who has such engrained traditonal values? I say traditional because long before women lib and all the other political game playing days, a woman knew her place and was happy with it.

There are so many ways to look at being submissive.
I had a older couple next door and she was submissive however he treated her like a queen and it was the first old style relationship I have seen. She would have everything ready for him when he got home and catered to him. With him, he did many things for her to just make her smile, such as flowers dinner etc. Have to see somthing like that to really understand how it can work without any disrespect.

Then there are the situations that are just one sided as well.

I was submissive part of my marriage as I just didn't want to argue all the time.
 SISL
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/2/2007 7:10:54 AM
Submissive means, first and foremost---TRUSTING in anothers judgement about matters, large and small.

I think both parties in a relationship need to be submissive in certain areas. where one partner has the obvious expertise, he/she need to take the lead, and the other needs to be "submissive"

Also---submissive means that (certain partners) will be ready to leave on time---a vexing problem for (other) (certain partners)----lol
 HeavyThumb
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/2/2007 8:47:58 AM

....... a woman knew her place and was happy with it.

Whoooo-hooo. There's a sticl of dynamite waiting to go off. I ain't touching THAT one with a ten-foot pole.
 Quest for Love
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/2/2007 11:50:11 AM
to mean it just means easygoing
i am by no means submissive as in taking orders from others. as i think giving orders is rude and disrespectful. i am not in the army so don't boss me around. or bark orders.

fyi: women should make sure their man serves them as well as a soldier serves his country...only better...problem with military men is they are more devoted to the military and its inhumane ways than to the women they marry. husbands should be as devoted to their wives as military men are to their country...only that devotion should be more. this means YOU, as the woman, are the general and commander in chief of your man. you are the president of your man. he should be willing to die for YOU. not for his country. THAT is submission.
 MONEMPERER
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/2/2007 1:06:52 PM
to quest for love what you just said is probably the reason why you are single. If a guy gives that level of devotion to a women he is her slave period.

The military thinking works because its a heirarchial system and that works for males.
Doing that with women does not work.

want to see the major differences between a male and female grouping get 2 big groups of each and seperate them male and female assign a project that involves cooperating and see how it works who gets it done quicker more efficient and with less fights in the group.
 Petruchio
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/2/2007 3:24:51 PM
OP wrote:
I am submissive, not as a role to be played but as a lifestyle.

I think you are on the right track OP, but just make sure you are dealing with a good man. When a man does not use or abuse; when he has sound judgement and acts according to principle---submit.
 regularguy52
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/2/2007 4:29:02 PM
I must admit I don't like that word or it's connotations very much, but that's just me. I prefer a full equal partner, not another person to think for. Just my preference though and is not the view of the station/management.
 stuart4321
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/3/2007 8:55:44 AM
problem with military men is they are more devoted to the military and its inhumane ways than to the women they marry.

How about put any "race" in the slot and see how well it sits with people. I have allways treated my ex wife well as well as the people I have been with. Who are you to say what my devotion is?
 SangriaOnIce
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/24/2007 5:40:26 PM
..............................................................................................................

Submissive means putting a collar around your neck...leading you around on your hands and knees making you bark like a dog. Ya....you pant at my feet; licking my boots as you stare up into my eyes. Yes...thats submissive to me.

..........kidding...... Tee hee!!!!!!!!!! frick...lighten up....

...........yes...good boy...(as she pats his butt with her crop)......
 jtw1974
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/24/2007 6:00:21 PM

Submissive means putting a collar around your neck...leading you around on your hands and knees making you bark like a dog. Ya....you pant at my feet; licking my boots as you stare up into my eyes.

I think I'd be up for ANYTHING lately...
 SangriaOnIce
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/24/2007 6:11:31 PM
..............................................................................................................................

I think I'd be up for ANYTHING lately...

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!
 tridreamin
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/24/2007 7:40:30 PM

a woman knew her place and was happy with it

I know my place - beside him when we walk; behind him when he needs my support; in the crook of his arm; in the arc of his body when we spoon; --- and I am happy with this.
 jtw1974
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/24/2007 8:16:39 PM
^^^ I know it's been macked on in another thread, but DUDE... something about such heartfelt advice and that HAT.
 RockGnome
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/24/2007 8:44:31 PM
In the context you used it, OP,
I'd believe that you're a "passive" woman in search
of an "aggressor" mate, an initiator.
A leader for you to follow type of thing

Now, did I win anything for answering the question?

And nothing about your thread title brought to mind
anything about whips and chains. Honest!
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What does submissive mean to you?