Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > is there a way to disable the viewed me feature?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 9 to 9
Msg: 1
is there a way to disable the viewed me feature?Page 1 of 1    
It would be nice to disable the viewed me feature. I really see no purpose in it. If it was linked to people who had actually written a user that would be a bit more usefull, I think.

Thanks for your time.

Solitudinous
Msg: 2
is there a way to disable the viewed me feature?
Posted: 6/15/2007 12:54:49 AM
The Viewed Me feature is just another of the enhancements to POF which make it such a feature-rich application. It allows one to discover who's "nibbling" without making any jerky moves. I love it and would hate to see it go. I just wonder if it is really working or not. Sometimes when I return to look at it, the order seems to have changed or somebody seems to have dropped off. Wonder why.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/15/2007 1:38:02 AM
Sometimes when I return to look at it, the order seems to have changed or somebody seems to have dropped off. Wonder why.

Account Deletions, Users hiding/unhiding their Profiles, changing Profile Pics, disabling the "Viewed Me" feature in their Mail Settings.

9 to 9
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/15/2007 7:06:32 PM
msg.2

that I understand, but I guess there is no way to disable the whole viewed me thing from the other end. As opposed to another selecting to disable it on their end.

anyways thanks.
 Sasquatch2
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/15/2007 7:12:00 PM

...is there is no way to disable the whole viewed me thing from the other end. As opposed to another selecting to disable it on their end.

You mean so you can't see who's viewed you?

Simple -DON'T LOOK!
 Ticketoride
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/15/2007 7:53:09 PM

there is no way to disable the whole viewed me thing from the other end. As opposed to another selecting to disable it on their end.

Simple -DON'T LOOK!

Yup, that's the other Side of the Street.

someplace***
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/15/2007 7:58:18 PM
If it was linked to people who had actually written a user that would be a bit more usefull
there's already a feature that allows you to view your contacts.

If they've contacted you, can't you assume they've seen your profile????

DON'T LOOK!
you'd think this'd be an obvious solution?
The feature doesn't turn itself on automatically. You have to decide to use it.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/15/2007 8:15:01 PM
The feature doesn't turn itself on automatically. You have to decide to use it.

Correct !!!

you'd think this'd be an obvious solution?

The OP wanted to know how to turn it off. (See MSG: 2)
Perhaps he forgot/does not know how he enabled it.

Further, People have been known to check/uncheck all sorts of Items under the erroneous Belief these do something else, or just play around with the Features, see what kind of Fireworks go off. Hence this Forum, to help Others to understand the Functions of this Site.

Some Users have had Notions that the Viewed Me Feature enabled them to be found by others in Searches, the Mis-Conceptions often boundless.

QGorgo
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2007 11:37:48 PM
I think this belong in the humor section....sorry me bad I am one of those moods.

Serioulsy OP if it bothers you that much simply don't click.

With this feature I've encountered a great chef and some pretty neat people...I like it myself.
 Gotmail?
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/17/2007 6:34:28 PM
So even if my profile is HIDDEN, others can still view it from a forum link, correct? I found this to be true because I "hid" it, and the list of those who"viewed me" grew.
 QGorgo
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2007 6:39:38 PM
Yes Shemail, even if your profile is hidden it can still be accessed from the forums if you post. It is just not available in a search.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 12
 Stonewolf_II
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/3/2007 9:34:15 PM
Here's a hypothetical situation.

Suppose I have this feature turned off. I view profiles A and B. They cannot see that I've viewed them.

I then turn the feature on. Visit Profiles C and D. Now C and D can tell that I have visited them.
Question 1: At this point can A and B see that I have visited them?

I turn the feature off again. Visit E and F. No trace I have visited E and F.
Question 2: Can C and D still see that I have visited their profiles?

I guess the big question is whether or not the setting of this feature is retroactive.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/3/2007 11:02:34 PM
At this point can A and B see that I have visited them?

Not supposed to.
When that Feature is turned off, your Views are not added to the Database.

Can C and D still see that I have visited their profiles?

Shouldn't.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > is there a way to disable the viewed me feature?