Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  > fun things to do on a sunday night      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 calgarycatwoman
Msg: 1
fun things to do on a sunday nightPage 1 of 1    
Does anyone have any ideas of some fun things to do on a sunday night? I am finding that things are kinda lame with no more hockey and the tv just sucks. any ideas of an activity or place to go for a drink? In particular where do the men hang out?
 lovely_Tina
Msg: 2
fun things to do on a sunday night
Posted: 6/17/2007 5:57:48 PM
Depends what your definition of FUN is. Yet despite that, you could maybe call your girl friends for a fun night out, go for a drive, or stay at home and watch a movie maybe????
 Mon Cherie
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/17/2007 6:06:13 PM
There are blues jams at Kits from 8-10 pm on Sundays.

I personally like to hang at home most of the time on Sundays. Or something low key like a movie or visit family members. Regroup for the week coming up.

Sundays used to always be board game night when I was a kid and I also kept that up with my kids when they were growing up. Plus, good day to cook a nice roast or something time consuming to make for dinner. Family kind of day.

This is when it gets a little lonely living alone. Miss those kinds of nights sometimes.
 Geneseo
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/17/2007 6:11:56 PM
Chinese take out, Pizza, Chicken Wings, My cat (non food related), and movie rentals; in leu of a fine lady in a Teddy, Stockings and high heels. It's all good.
 calgarycatwoman
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/17/2007 6:15:18 PM
kitss? that sounds cool. where is that?
 lovely_Tina
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/17/2007 6:37:35 PM
Yeah, but I think it also depends on your status-whether you're single or not. I'm sorry Geneseo, but I don't consider eating fun. Swimming pool is fun, I think.
 Geneseo
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/17/2007 7:13:24 PM

I'm sorry Geneseo, but I don't consider eating fun.

You might be missing the whole picture. The mere chewing, and swallowing is not fun, but the entire activity is.

Imagine working 40+ hours a week, dealing with mentally "challenged," physically sick patients. Mangagers who have their heads up their ass. Having to make several decisions a day to decide if a person is having a medical emergency, or just a bad day, who are unable to verbalize it. On top of this, all day long you hear garbled noises, loud grunts, non stop.

Then you come home Sunday evening, and it's pure silent bliss, and an insane, needy, yet very loving fluffy kitty waiting for you, to cuddle up and drool on you.

You lock your doors, and for about an hour you enjoy soothing silence. Shhhhhhhhh.

Once you decompress, you turn to a pay per view movie chanel, and order a movie that you been wanting to see, but haven't had the time to go to the theater while it was playing there.

As you let the fantasy on the screen transport you into another world, you snack on your favorite foods, and beverages, while the insane kitty is laying behind your head on top of the sofa purring at you, while occasionally swatting you on the head with her claws, just to make sure that you are still there and close by.

This may not be the Taj Mahal, and eutopia for everyone, but two or three times a month, it comes pretty damn close
 Mon Cherie
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/17/2007 7:41:30 PM

kitss? that sounds cool. where is that?

Kits is where we had the scavenger hunt last night. Just check out this thread as it has all the information about where to find Kits and the link to the pub too.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts7143590.aspx
 lovely_Tina
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/17/2007 8:52:06 PM
I totally hear you Geneseo. I'm a business owner myself and the mutterings that you have made are true the other way around too! There are mutterings of discontent among the staff-ALWAYS. I find it quite infuriating when some of the staffs accuse me of discrimination for not giving them the shifts, vacation time, or just not treating them like their mommies do. I'm a registered nurse myself, and am a second year med school student as well. since you are a nurse yourself,then you know how nurses treat med school students in the hospital, and how nerve racking it could be sometimes. Last semester, I took eight courses, five of them which were with labs, so I had thirteen final exams. so oh man, I totally hear where you are coming from. But I handle it differently since I'm not single. I hope you understand that I don't mean any offence. when I'm tired, irritated, ...etc, I simply jump to him. Thank god I've got a
courageous man behind my back.
 Taurid
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2007 12:31:19 AM
"Where's Kits"?

I was startled to see the logo. I was driving an out-of-town friend along sixteenth on our way somewhere and we saw the Kits Pub logo. The two of us used to hang out at the "real" Kits pub (near, but not quite in, Kitsilano, Vancouver) fifteen years ago. I'm not sure what a pub named after a neighborhood of Vancouver is doing down the street from SAIT. But the logo is the same.

They're on the north side of 16th (trans-canada) NE between 10th and 4th.
 lonelydavid77
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/18/2007 11:03:47 AM
Well, since there are two baseball teams made up of PoF members, you could always go and watch them and be the cheering section.

I hear both are having a sinning streak, ooops, I mean winning streak!!

One team plays in the N.W. (Silver Springs area) and one in the N.E.(Forest Heights area).

The North East team has a double header next Sunday starting at 6:00 p.m. It is a slo-pitch league. The N.W. team is fastball, and their games start around 6:30 p.m., so there are some differences in style, but guaranteed, we are all having fun.
Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  > fun things to do on a sunday night